NHL 2021 - Another Season Same Thread

Nictarion

2 hours ago, Nictarion said:

I’ve always thought there should be a defensive defenseman type award. So many great stay at home defensemen get overlooked for the Norris because they don’t put up huge numbers. The fact that Scott Stevens never won one is ridiculous. Not that he was an offensive slouch. He had 900+ career points, and would have had WAY more if it wasn’t for the system the Devils played. 

As for the current Devils, man they are having a rough season. It’s obvious they’re in full on “Loose for Hughes” mode at this point. With Hall missing so much time, Nico Hischier has been about the only bright spot. He’s progressing nicely for all he’s being asked to do. Really good two-way player for his age. 

Yeah there’s definitely a lot of studs that never won the award. Stevens is a crime. Can’t believe he never won one. Shea Weber also never has one which is surprising. An absolute menace for a number of years. We play you guys Tuesday and even though you’re not having a great year the devils always have our number so I’m skeptical. Looking forward to pens flyers next Saturday outdoors. Malkin has awoken the rivalry with his stupid stick swing last week. Should be fun.

I'm posting the last ten Norris winners after the posts yesterday.

2018 Hedman

2017 Burns

2016 Doughty

2015 Karlsson

2014 Keith

2013 Subban

2012 Karlsson

2011 Lidstrom (his last of 7 :o, and at age 40)

2010 Keith

2009 Chara

As I said before, completely agree with MA that it is a crime that Weber never won one in this era. Letang is making his best case this year but Giordano will make it hard for him. 

@12 0 5 5 

Well, you guys avoided the sweep. :P

Kind of an ugly game overall, with both goalies letting in some softies (that 3rd goal against Murray was particularly brutal). Thought the officiating was pretty bad as well. Pens got away with a too many men, and that interference call at the end was weak imo. Looked like he flopped. Oh well. Devils needed to cool off anyway after winning a couple in a row. Gotta preserve the tank lol

On 2/19/2019 at 9:40 PM, Nictarion said:

@12 0 5 5 

Well, you guys avoided the sweep. :P

Kind of an ugly game overall, with both goalies letting in some softies (that 3rd goal against Murray was particularly brutal). Thought the officiating was pretty bad as well. Pens got away with a too many men, and that interference call at the end was weak imo. Looked like he flopped. Oh well. Devils needed to cool off anyway after winning a couple in a row. Gotta preserve the tank lol

We're so bad against the Devils. Bummer for you guys that Hall has been out for so long considering the season he had last year.

Rough game tonight. We blow a two goal lead late in the third, and I hear that Dumoulin has a concussion and Letang broke a vertebrae? Wtf. I jinxed his Norris bid it seems. That poor guy can't catch a break. A stroke, neck surgery, and now this? Just awful... The play didn't even look that bad for him And we lose to the Flyers...

• 1 month later...

Not the most exciting matchups ever, but a couple series I’ll be interested in are CGY/COL (MacKinnon vs Johnny Hockey), and TB/CBJ. Columbus is going to need a miracle to get that elusive first ever playoff series win having to go up against TB. 

Devils win the lottery for the second time in 3 years. I’m fucking ecstatic right now! :commie:

Seems like Jack Hughes is going to be the consensus #1, but I’ll be happy with him or Kaapo Kakko. I trust Ray Shero to make the right choice. 

Only thing that sucks is the Rags winning the #2 pick. :ack:

Columbus with a shocking lead over TB right now. There’s still no way they could pull this level of upset off over the course of a seven game series. I think they can win 1-2, but not 4. That leads me to question their thought process in not trading Panarin and Bob, and bring in Duchene. Clearly going for a cup run but they struggled to make the playoffs and must know how stacked the east is. No way in hell they even make it to ECF. 

Probably better to be realistic than hopeful at the trade deadline. Can’t see this being a good offseason for the BJ’s. 

Archived