NHL 2021 - Another Season Same Thread

Nictarion

47 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Columbus with a shocking lead over TB right now. There’s still no way they could pull this level of upset off over the course of a seven game series. I think they can win 1-2, but not 4. That leads me to question their thought process in not trading Panarin and Bob, and bring in Duchene. Clearly going for a cup run but they struggled to make the playoffs and must know how stacked the east is. No way in hell they even make it to ECF. 

Probably better to be realistic than hopeful at the trade deadline. Can’t see this being a good offseason for the BJ’s.

Definitely not. Panarin is as good as gone. Probably down to Florida to play for Joel Q, who he supposedly liked a lot in Chicago. 

Really surprised TB blew a 3-0 lead at home. They better realize they’re not going to be able to cruise through the playoffs like they did in the regular season. 

All good games tonight, though. Nice start to the best time of the sports year. 

The Barn was rocking tonight, first ever playoff game I’ve attended, this is a whole different Islanders team when they play here. What a game! 

Responding to a previous post about Letang and the Norris trophy, seeing that dude up close (7 rows up ice) holy shit. He’s on another planet. His footwork and vision are ridiculous.

10 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Barzal is so good. 

I have fanciful thoughts about how good he could be if the Islanders can land a real solid "scorer" to play alongside him...

8 hours ago, PyroclasticFlow said:

The Barn was rocking tonight, first ever playoff game I’ve attended, this is a whole different Islanders team when they play here. What a game! 

Yeah, apparently my dad got tickets, he texted me after the game and said it was wild in there.  I'm just glad he didn't jinx them by going!

Bruins are playing like it’s 1947 and yet the Leafs have been called for twice as many penalties including a major*. I certainly hope the home cooking travels.

*which was absolutely deserved. But the Bruins committed a slew of dirty plays...cross checks and elbows to the face, clear knee-on-knee, horse collaring Tavares from behind and thrown down in front of the Boston net, etc. In the first period alone the Bruins sent 4 Leafs to the dressing room and not one of them was called. The announcers predicted the later brawling match that early because the refs ignoring those kinds of plays would almost certainly eventually lead to retaliation. 

2 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Bruins are playing like it’s 1947 and yet the Leafs have been called for twice as many penalties including a major. I certainly hope the home cooking travels.

Eh, I thought game 2 was called fairly. When Brad Marchand isn’t the dirtiest player on the ice that’s pretty bad (looking at you Kadri). 

3 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Eh, I thought game 2 was called fairly. When Brad Marchand isn’t the dirtiest player on the ice that’s pretty bad (looking at you Kadri). 

I added a lot on edit. I agree Marchand was strangely quiet for what would otherwise seem to be his kind of game, but I explained my view in addition above. And also i’m talking about both games.

13 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

I added a lot on edit. I agree Marchand was strangely quiet for what would otherwise seem to be his kind of game, but I explained my view in addition above. And also i’m talking about both games.

Fair enough. I didn’t catch much of gm 1. The knee on knee in gm 2 didn’t look intentional to me though. 

1 hour ago, James Arryn said:

Marchand has been a lot cleaner this season. And amazingly when he cut the stupid shit, he had his best season ever.

Archived