NHL 2021 - Another Season Same Thread

Nictarion

9 hours ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

Barry Trotz is the Penguin killer. 

I always had some vague idea how important a "good" coach would be, but wow has it ever proved rather monumental.

It's hard to really say how much was the Penguins not playing well, or the Islanders playing well though.  Likely at least some of both.

Honestly, I don't think any of the teams left in are all that bad of matchups, except Boston.  They played like garbage vs. Boston, so I am very glad the Islanders are on the opposite side of the draw from them.

Imo the Leafs first goal ought to have been disallowed, but otoh I thought the Bruins goal was offside. I expected both to be overturned, neither was. 

Also, that was an extremely tense game. I don’t mean intense, though obviously it was that, but both teams played so tight and safe it was kind of weird to watch, you felt yourself getting tense rather than excited. 

Personally think Preds should move on from Lavy. Love him but the team is way too good to have the worst powerplay in the league and go 0/16 on the PP in the playoffs. Our PP literally cost us a chance at a cup. The west is not that strong this year. 

Kept thinking we would wake up once the playoffs hit but the team looked like they couldn’t be bothered and that’s down to coaching/leadership (Josi is a shite captain) 

9 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Personally think Preds should move on from Lavy. Love him but the team is way too good to have the worst powerplay in the league and go 0/16 on the PP in the playoffs. Our PP literally cost us a chance at a cup. The west is not that strong this year. 

Kept thinking we would wake up once the playoffs hit but the team looked like they couldn’t be bothered and that’s down to coaching/leadership (Josi is a shite captain) 

I’d kill to take both Laviolette and Josi off your hands. :P

Maybe he just needs new assistants? I assume he doesn’t run the PP himself. He’s definitely a great coach though, having taken 3 different teams to the finals. But yeah, can’t win shit with a PP like that. 

Is it fair to say Rinne might have been part of the problem? Three games out of 6 with a SV% < .900...although he seemed to pay really well the other games. 

Team USA lost a heartbreaker in the shootout today against Russia in the U18 tournament. Sucks, but I’m mostly just interested in watching Jack Hughes. Him and Cole Caufield have been amazing for USA. 

This young kid the Russians have in goal is something else. Craig Button said during the game that he’s the best goalie he’s seen since Carey Price. He definitely stole the game. 

Archived