NHL 2021 - Another Season Same Thread

Nictarion

One of the all time greats. The only thing missing in his CV is really the bloody Stanley Cup. Too bad he was not on a proper championship team for most of his career. Yes, he was there when the Canucks had their small window of opportunity, but he really did not get as many shots at the Cup as Brodeur, and neither were the Canucks as good as Roy's Avalanche teams.

But with Bobby Lou out of the picture, I feel no longer obliged to wish a team from bloody Florida good fortunes in hockey.

8 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

One of the all time greats. The only thing missing in his CV is really the bloody Stanley Cup. Too bad he was not on a proper championship team for most of his career. Yes, he was there when the Canucks had their small window of opportunity, but he really did not get as many shots at the Cup as Brodeur, and neither were the Canucks as good as Roy's Avalanche teams.

But with Bobby Lou out of the picture, I feel no longer obliged to wish a team from bloody Florida good fortunes in hockey.

He also never won a Vezina. 

20 hours ago, Nictarion said:

He also never won a Vezina. 

Not really that big on individual awards in a team sports. So I honestly did not think of the Vezina.

I think Ryan Miller, or Carey Price would happily trade their Vezina's for a Stanley Cup. However, how has Luongo not won that thing in 04 (?), I mean he was playing behind a horrible team, and still kept them being somewhat comeptitive in most games.

4 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Not really that big on individual awards in a team sports. So I honestly did not think of the Vezina.

I think Ryan Miller, or Carey Price would happily trade their Vezina's for a Stanley Cup. However, how has Luongo not won that thing in 04 (?), I mean he was playing behind a horrible team, and still kept them being somewhat comeptitive in most games.

Well, most of the best goalies have both. :P

As far as 2004, Luongo didn’t have much of a chance since Brodeur also had a really good season that year, including 11 shutouts. And of course because the Panthers didn’t make the playoffs. Think Bob was the first to finally win one on a non-playoff team in 2013. It took like 80 years. 

Well, the Pens traded Kessel to the Coyotes for Alex Galchenyuk and  a D prospect. Guess it's not a bad return and frees up a little cap space, but honestly I'd rather have seen them get rid of Sullivan if it had to be one or the other. It's hard to replace a point per game player, even with his defensive liabilities.

• 4 weeks later...

Devils traded for Russian star Nikita Gusev. Never played a game for VGK, but he’s been the best player in the world outside of the NHL the last couple seasons. Ray Shero is really making Taylor Hall’s choice to re-sign or not easier. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jack Hughes with his first NHL goal against big brother Quinn’s Canucks. He’s looking better and better every game. Pretty much everyone said Kakko was more NHL ready due to his size, but Hughes definitely looks like he belongs. With the Devils locking up Nico Hischier for the next 7 years, they’re going to be set down the middle for quite awhile. 

Archived