Nictarion

NHL: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Posted (edited)

Man this 2nd round might have been even better than the 1st. Great playoffs so far. 

Think I’d prefer SJ or STL win it all. SJ to get a Cup for Jumbo Joe, or STL for their fan base. Pretty sure they’re the team that’s existed the longest without winning one at this point. 

Edited by Nictarion

I am naturally pulling for the Canes, but I only hope that the Canes make the Bruins fight for every inch of victory. 

STL really got screwed last night on the no call hand pass. 

SJ has really benefited from some poor officiating during these playoffs. 

In these playoffs I've seen games where the fourth line did all the heavy lifting for the Bruins, and now I've seen the Bergeron line dominate a game. I don't think I've ever seen the Bruins play like this for such an extended period. Tuukka's obviously been amazing, also a level I've never seen before.

I recognize the Bruins are lucky to have had the Caps and Lightning eliminated for them. Still an amazing run to watch, and I can't wait for the Final.

So the Islanders sweep the Penguins. Hurricanes sweep the Islanders and then the Bruins sweep the Hurricanes. 

1 hour ago, GallowKnight said:

So the Islanders sweep the Penguins. Hurricanes sweep the Islanders and then the Bruins sweep the Hurricanes. 

SJ/STL sweep BOS :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

My take-away is that the Penguins are the caboose of the Sweep Centipede. All is good with the world.

13 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

My take-away is that the Penguins are the caboose of the Sweep Centipede. All is good with the world.

Boston sports fans:

Blues going to their first Cup final. Crazy that they were dead last in the league in January. 

Interestingly enough, the Bruins sweeping them is exactly what happened the last time the Blues made it to the Stanley Cup finals... in 1970. To be fair though, that was a weird situation in which an expansion team was guaranteed to make it to the finals to play against the best of the Original Six (the latter won every time this playoff format was used). The teams are a lot more even this time around.

4 minutes ago, Altherion said:

Interestingly enough, the Bruins sweeping them is exactly what happened the last time the Blues made it to the Stanley Cup finals... in 1970. To be fair though, that was a weird situation in which an expansion team was guaranteed to make it to the finals to play against the best of the Original Six (the latter won every time this playoff format was used). The teams are a lot more even this time around.

Yeah, just saw that was the famous Bobby Orr flying through the air series. 

Hope this goes 7 with STL taking it. Binnington vs Rask should be good. Have to think one of the goalies will probably win the Conn Smythe. 

Man all BOS after a strong 1st by STL. Feel bad for Binnington. He’s not getting much help.