NHL 2021 - Another Season Same Thread

Nictarion

Man this 2nd round might have been even better than the 1st. Great playoffs so far. 

Think I’d prefer SJ or STL win it all. SJ to get a Cup for Jumbo Joe, or STL for their fan base. Pretty sure they’re the team that’s existed the longest without winning one at this point. 

In these playoffs I've seen games where the fourth line did all the heavy lifting for the Bruins, and now I've seen the Bergeron line dominate a game. I don't think I've ever seen the Bruins play like this for such an extended period. Tuukka's obviously been amazing, also a level I've never seen before.

I recognize the Bruins are lucky to have had the Caps and Lightning eliminated for them. Still an amazing run to watch, and I can't wait for the Final.

6 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

So the Islanders sweep the Penguins. Hurricanes sweep the Islanders and then the Bruins sweep the Hurricanes. 

My take-away is that the Penguins are the caboose of the Sweep Centipede. All is good with the world.

Interestingly enough, the Bruins sweeping them is exactly what happened the last time the Blues made it to the Stanley Cup finals... in 1970. To be fair though, that was a weird situation in which an expansion team was guaranteed to make it to the finals to play against the best of the Original Six (the latter won every time this playoff format was used). The teams are a lot more even this time around.

4 minutes ago, Altherion said:

Interestingly enough, the Bruins sweeping them is exactly what happened the last time the Blues made it to the Stanley Cup finals... in 1970. To be fair though, that was a weird situation in which an expansion team was guaranteed to make it to the finals to play against the best of the Original Six (the latter won every time this playoff format was used). The teams are a lot more even this time around.

Yeah, just saw that was the famous Bobby Orr flying through the air series. 

Hope this goes 7 with STL taking it. Binnington vs Rask should be good. Have to think one of the goalies will probably win the Conn Smythe. 

Archived