NHL 2021 - Another Season Same Thread

Nictarion

17 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Jack Hughes with his first NHL goal against big brother Quinn’s Canucks. He’s looking better and better every game. Pretty much everyone said Kakko was more NHL ready due to his size, but Hughes definitely looks like he belongs. With the Devils locking up Nico Hischier for the next 7 years, they’re going to be set down the middle for quite awhile. 

The "strong down the middle" model is Shero's modus operandi. Worked out well for the Pens for a time, just have to watch out for when he starts dealing at the deadline. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think he is a great coach. Our team reached highs we never had before. His system definitely stopped working with our set of players. It just got stale or the players stopped buying in idk he has seemed to have a shelf life of 3/4 years at every team he’s coached. I think he’d be a good pick up for the devils for sure.

7 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

@Nictarion we hired yalls previous coach. Our fan base seems pretty lukewarm on the hire to say the least

I was never a fan tbh. His lineup choices used to drive me nuts. He’s big on playing 4th line plugs and “high compete” guys over some of the younger more skilled players. If it wasn’t for Taylor Hall’s MVP season we would have never made the playoffs once under Hynes. 

4 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

I wonder how this will impact a Palmieri trade...

There’s rumors going around that could have been part of it. Not sure which side Shero was supposedly on, or even if I believe it, but trading Palmieri wouldn’t be a popular move. With Palmieri not playing tonight (supposedly injured after blocking a shot last night) the timing is kind of curious. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived