NHL 2021 - Another Season Same Thread

Nictarion

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

No real surprises in round 1 of the draft tonight, other than maybe Marco Rossi not going a little sooner.

I'm pretty excited to add Alexander Holtz. Probably the best pure sniper in the draft, and the Devils desperately need shooters to play with Hughes and Hischier. I like his comparable to Filip Forsberg. 

The state of hockey welcomes him! 

36 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

The state of hockey welcomes him! 

He’s who I wanted the most for the Devils. The Wild got themselves a future star. Maybe one day some of these old school GM’s will stop being afraid to draft short players. 

7 hours ago, Nictarion said:

He’s who I wanted the most for the Devils. The Wild got themselves a future star. Maybe one day some of these old school GM’s will stop being afraid to draft short players. 

People can be rigid. The one that annoys me, and you'll agree I think considering Burrow, is hand size. You need to measure a QB's hand strength

4 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Thought Gaudreau dispelled the notion that you have to be super tall and strong to be good at the NHL level.

Was about to bring up the obligatory Theo Fleury, but he was prolly juiced as hell.

And Brad Marchand, and Brayden Point, and Alex DeBrincat...

It’s not the 70’s anymore. These small skilled guys have been flourishing for year under the new rules. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/20/2020 at 7:31 AM, kairparavel said:

I don't hate these. I rather like the Avs version, and might actually buy one to add my Sakic collection. 

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-reveals-adidas-reverse-retro-jerseys/c-319633384

So Devils, and Islanders essentially just get their 80's unis back?  I really like the Kings 90's logo with the purple and gold.  And the old school Jets with the different colours.

Until the Oilers main jersey goes back to being the awesome blue with orange and white, every other Oiler jersey needs to be mocked.

9 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

So Devils, and Islanders essentially just get their 80's unis back?  I really like the Kings 90's logo with the purple and gold.  And the old school Jets with the different colours.

Until the Oilers main jersey goes back to being the awesome blue with orange and white, every other Oiler jersey needs to be mocked.

The Devils never wore green as their main color, they were red with green as the secondary color. These new ones are actually true to the theme of “reverse retro”. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived