Round of 16: : LET THE (Knockout) GAMES BEGIN!

Just now, كالدب said:

So I gotta ask - was Colombia being assholes, or was the ref super touchy?

The ref was fairly lenient. Colombia could easily have had a red and loads more yellows for dissent.

Gotta admit, I was very worried when Dier stepped up and not Vardy. The latter is the first choice penalty taker for Leicester and has a pretty good record from the spot. 

3 minutes ago, Maltarinho said:

It’s back on

Coming home status: Ask again later.

2 minutes ago, كالدب said:

So I gotta ask - was Colombia being assholes, or was the ref super touchy?

There was like a 20 minute period where it went of the rails and everyone was fouling everyone and the ref did a piss poor job of getting it under control. 

4 minutes ago, chiKanery et al. said:

There was like a 20 minute period where it went of the rails and everyone was fouling everyone and the ref did a piss poor job of getting it under control. 

That was the part I got to watch, and it looked like an Incel-organized flag football game. 

8 minutes ago, كالدب said:

That was the part I got to watch, and it looked like an Incel-organized flag football game. 

Same, I caught roughly the first 30 minutes of the second half. It sounds like the first half was mostly civil, and the beginning of the second half sort of was too, but then the Columbians got a couple of quick fouls which led to Kane’s goal and the wheels went off. The Columbians were being super aggressive and fouling left and right, and ref wasn’t calling a lot of them so the English started fouling them back. Honestly there could have been a few reds for Columbia and possibly one for England too to calm it down. England probably should have also gotten another PK, or at least a shot very close to the goal. And after reading some of the posts from people who know more about soccer than us, it sounds like Columbia was doing a lot of dirty tricks. Ultimately the better team won though.

GO ENGLAND!

The ref was out of his league, today. Easily one of the worst referee performances of the tournament. He lost control of the game for a good while. 

On a seperate note, how on earth can you lose to England in a penalty shoot out. Is that even legal?

10 minutes ago, The BelgianBear said:

In a pub in Edinburgh, there was a surprising amount of England support. I missed everything except Extra Time + Penalties. When Henderson didn't get it in, I thought that was it.

As an outsider, I would have guessed UK countries would root for each other if their own team is out of it.

Just now, chiKanery et al. said:

As an outsider, I would have guessed UK countries would root for each other if their own team is out of it.

ha, ha, No.

The so called Celtic countries are pretty supportive of each other. But after that it's 'Anyone But England.' A pub near me are doing a pound off drinks when someone scores against England.

10 minutes ago, chiKanery et al. said:

This is the wrongest thing ever posted on this board. And possibly the entire internet.

Archived