AncalagonTheBlack

Round of 16: : LET THE (Knockout) GAMES BEGIN!

17 minutes ago, La Albearceleste said:

'Interesting' is probably the word. I'm waiting to see Pepe mark Suarez at a corner.

Has Luis been fed recently?

Prediction: Pepe will shit himself, and then claim Suarez did it.

16 minutes ago, Maltarinho said:

Has Luis been fed recently?

He's been seen entering the stadium drinking mate. He'll need something to chomp to accompany that. 

21 minutes ago, Warm-hands said:

Yup, a pity that Argentina have to leave while Sweden is likely to make it to the quarter (semi?) finals. 

Why? They might have shown up at last for this game, to some extent, but Argentina are a shit team that were lucky to qualify and lucky to make it out of the group and quite frankly right now aren't any better than Sweden.

22 minutes ago, Warm-hands said:

I hope Argentina's federation appoint someone who manages to play all these talents together, rather than resting on a Messi hat-trick and surrounding him with defensive-minded players.

Today's decision was insane but in reality a big part of Argentina's whole problem is that all their good players are forwards. It's not really credible to play more than two of Messi, Higuain, Aguero and Dybala together. And even when you do pair them, the three that aren't Higuain have enough similarities to each other that it still causes issues.

1 hour ago, Soylent Dropbear said:

Otamendi is a bigger wanker than Pepe.

He has acted a dick at this world cup but that's surely going too far. Nobody is on Pepe's level!

4 minutes ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

He has acted a dick at this world cup but that's surely going too far. Nobody is on Pepe's level!

Ramos is pretty definitely a bigger wanker than Pepe. Not sure Otamendi is quite that level though.

Suarez is though. Pepe vs Suarez today. Fun fun fun!

1 hour ago, Lady B. said:

That person has a name XD Sampaoli couldn't get the juice out of the argentinian players, and couldn't come up with a strategy that worked with what they had. I wonder if he will quit. 

I know Sampaoli is the coach, but the commentators couldn't stop talking about rumors of who was really making decisions in the squad.

2 hours ago, La Albearceleste said:

As for Otamendi, calm down, guys. Tonight is, without doubt, the unofficial world championship of shithousery, Uruguay vs Portugal, led respectively by Suarez and Pepe. Otamendi is but a dabbler. Those two can rightly claim to be pioneers.

100 percent truth

This is a pretty fun match so far, actually.

Yep, a nice goal and pretty much an entertaining performance from both teams. Uruguay is playing with a lot of stamina, lets hope the second half remains the same. 

Yes.  Great goal.  Which helped ensure a surprisingly decent game.  Portugal don't look like scoring.

1 hour ago, Fellaining Da Bruyne said:

Ramos is pretty definitely a bigger wanker than Pepe. Not sure Otamendi is quite that level though.

Suarez is though. Pepe vs Suarez today. Fun fun fun!

Hmm, Ramos is more in the public eye of late. Ramos might be cleverer in his nastiness but I'm not sure he's been quite so obviously despicable as Pepe has.

They're all pretty horrible! Let's just agree on that.

8 minutes ago, Ali Daei-nvek said:

Not quite Rivaldo style dive, but definitely nothing touched Suarez’s head there.

It was a foul, but he was hit in the back, not the head. You've got to admire his dedication to the bit though - once he commits, he sees it through to the end.

8 minutes ago, Soylent Dropbear said:

It was a foul, but he was hit in the back, not the head. You've got to admire his dedication to the bit though - once he commits, he sees it through to the end.

Indeed.  My initial reaction was that there was some terrible head-to-head or elbow-to-head contact.  Shame on me for turning down my Suarez bs detector, and congrats to Suarez for his performance.  A true artiste.  

Pepe 1 - 0 Suarez. 

ETA. this has been a very watchable game. Was worried that it would be scrappy with lots of shithousery. 

Edited by Prince Onyinye W. Ndidi