Marvel Cinematic Universe 9: Returning to the Fold

Rhom

36 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Ugh, the worst thing to come out of this fiasco is the discovery that Chris Pratt believes in magical sky men.

Actually, the worst thing about this is that Rosanne Barr is outraged, OUTRAGED I tells ya!, about the outpouring of support for Gunn.

Wait, did I say that was the worst thing?  I meant that was the best thing. Because fuck Rosanne.

An before anyone poops "FAIRNESS!!!" out of their bum, there is no analogy here.  For there to be an analogue, Rosanne would have been fired because some left wing activist uncovered the video of her insulting the united states with her rendition of the national anthem from years ago.  

Without hesitation I bought the digital copy of Infinity War which became available today. And thanks to the pause features on Amazon, I learned that the Asgardian distress voice right at the start of the movie is Kenneth Branagh's. Nice for them to bring back the director of the first Thor.

3 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Oh, I have some horrible news about Mel Gibson then.

I know, right? He's Australian.

11 hours ago, Myrddin said:

As a Christian, I didn't know about Pratt either. 

As a non-Christian, I knew about Pratt but only about 2 weeks before the Gunn gun went off, from watching a Youtube on celebs who you might be surprised to know are religious. Like I didn't know Dave Chapelle was Muslim until I watched that video. I don't think Pratt particularly wears it on his sleeve in his everyday public presence, but he's open about it when it comes up.

11 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

I know, right? He's Australian.

As a non-Christian, I knew about Pratt but only about 2 weeks before the Gunn gun went off, from watching a Youtube on celebs who you might be surprised to know are religious. Like I didn't know Dave Chapelle was Muslim until I watched that video. I don't think Pratt particularly wears it on his sleeve in his everyday public presence, but he's open about it when it comes up.

I had a couple of neighbor kids over to watch Infinity War on the projector cause they didn't get to see it in theaters, and after Pratt's funny "What am I supposed to say, Jesus?" Answer to Bendedict Cumbecrunch asking "What master do you serve?" I feel at peace with the situation. He can believe what he likes, I will set my prejudice aside.

30 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I had a couple of neighbor kids over to watch Infinity War on the projector cause they didn't get to see it in theaters, and after Pratt's funny "What am I supposed to say, Jesus?" Answer to Bendedict Cumbecrunch asking "What master do you serve?" I feel at peace with the situation. He can believe what he likes, I will set my prejudice aside.

I think it's good to chose to overlook some faults in others, otherwise you will end up hating everyone. I hope you can overlook my religious fault too.

29 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

I think it's good to chose to overlook some faults in others, otherwise you will end up hating everyone. I hope you can overlook my religious fault too.

Still on the fence about you. Didn't you like Destiny? Despicable. :P

Just now, Jace, Basilissa said:

Still on the fence about you. Didn't you like Destiny? Despicable. :P

How dare you accuse me of being a Destiny fan!

However points against me might include liking Mass Effect 3, not hating Andromeda and regarding Dragon Age Inquisition very highly. Points in my favour should include being a sucker for Merrill and Aerie.

19 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

How dare you accuse me of being a Destiny fan!

However points against me might include liking Mass Effect 3, not hating Andromeda and regarding Dragon Age Inquisition very highly. Points in my favour should include being a sucker for Merrill and Aerie.

That's what it was, the Andromeda love. I'm a ME3 fan as well.

1 minute ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

That's what it was, the Andromeda love. I'm a ME3 fan as well.

Love is too strong a word there. It's the first game in the modern Bioware era that I will only play through once, and not even start up a second play through. I think every other game in the DA and ME franchises I've played at least 3 times.

Anyway, back on topic. Ant Man and the Wasp appears to be not doing very well box office-wise, but compared to himself the movie is tracking pretty well. It's already ahead of it's US life time gross with a few weeks still to run. And with the movie not yet released in China, there is a good chance that it will beat the first movie's global gross. It's just because Ragnarok, Black Panther and Infinity War were all outstanding financial successes that Ant Man and the Wasp looks a bit disappointing.

Just now, Darth Richard II said:

There was only one Mass Effect  game.

You are a Mass Reject.

I didn't mean that man, come here and give Jace a hug. You remember when I said you were an unsympathetic know-nothing bum only destined to be sought after by the vestiges of your scattered vagrant clan in search of the 2-for-$3 McDonald's Happy Meal coupon stowed in the ripped collar of your jacket? I was just lashing out. You're a good dude.

I adore Stephen Colbert.  Dude just called out Les Moonves even though he owes his career to him.  He's also a sunday school teacher.  Let's not hate on people that choose to believe.  Otherwise, you'll end up like Bill Maher - bitter, ugly, and alone.

That was a good gesture from the guardians crew and while the letter never openly says "rehire Gunn" Pratt does say it with the Instagram post.

Disney is probably pleased as this might make people consider watching guardians 3 as the cast are nice folks. Gunn is the kind of person who will probably wind up encouraging people to watch the third movie for the cast.

Antman and wasp still isn't out in the UK. I honestly don't see much point in seeing it now. I will probably be able to buy the US blu ray in 2 months. Cheaper than a cinema ticket. Would I have watched it while the world cup was on? Probably not while a game was on but I'm also unlikely to watch it now as there is very little buzz about it (no pun intended). Maybe a nice summer deal will turn up at a cinema as an incentive.

18 minutes ago, red snow said:

Disney is probably pleased as this might make people consider watching guardians 3 as the cast are nice folks. Gunn is the kind of person who will probably wind up encouraging people to watch the third movie for the cast.

I honestly do wonder.  Disney is clearly and understandably risk averse.  I almost want to go back to my game theory seminars..but no.  They sucked so hard.  The only way Gunn will be reinstated is if Iger and co. are bothered enough - so Imma go try to keep it up.

Archived