Marvel Cinematic Universe 9: Returning to the Fold

Rhom

54 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

I guess we should get back to taking about more important things, like who's going to be revealed as a Skrull in the Avengers 4 post credits.

I'm thinking widow., but it won't be revealed till the end of her solo film, Like her solo movie will be the story of the real Natasha dying before we ever met her in iron Man 2. and being replaced by a Skrull.

I love the idea that she's been a skrull the entire time we've known the character, and the solo film is the first time we see the original. 

21 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I'm thinking widow., but it won't be revealed till the end of her solo film, Like her solo movie will be the story of the real Natasha dying before we ever met her in iron Man 2. and being replaced by a Skrull.

I love the idea that she's been a skrull the entire time we've known the character, and the solo film is the first time we see the original. 

Whoa, I never even thought of this and have just read a few Internet theories. It could make sense, I suppose - certainly if one of the original Avengers is a Skrull, it'd have to be someone who doesn't have a long origin movie history already. I think it would still be a bit too risky though; in terms of having a heroic Skrull character that's masqueraded as Black Widow for the whole time.

It's probably more likely that it'll be a minor character (on the level of a Hill etc) that's been a Skrull all this time, or that only recently was a character replaced by a Skrull.

16 minutes ago, Jeor said:

Whoa, I never even thought of this and have just read a few Internet theories. It could make sense, I suppose - certainly if one of the original Avengers is a Skrull, it'd have to be someone who doesn't have a long origin movie history already. I think it would still be a bit too risky though; in terms of having a heroic Skrull character that's masqueraded as Black Widow for the whole time.

It's probably more likely that it'll be a minor character (on the level of a Hill etc) that's been a Skrull all this time, or that only recently was a character replaced by a Skrull.

I agree. but if they want to go for that OH SHIT moment she's the obvious choice. 

On August 10, 2018 at 2:27 AM, RumHam said:

I'm not sure what you mean by fighting fire with fire. As far as I know nobody on the left has gone out of their way to dig up old tweets 

The left are constantly trying to get people fired for use of language -  look at Milo Yiounnopoulis, PewDiePie, Roseanne.

Gunn isn't returning to Disney. New pictures show him attending pedo- themed  Hollywood parties, not to mention the video of him joking about raping his own daughter. 

The thing that made me chuckle, as I had missed it entirely myself, was the transformation of Wanda's accent from generic eastern European to generic American. They possibly did that because Elizabeth Olsen's talent doesn't extend to putting on a decent fake accent and putting on a decent acting performance at the same time.

10 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

The thing that made me chuckle, as I had missed it entirely myself, was the transformation of Wanda's accent from generic eastern European to generic American. They possibly did that because Elizabeth Olsen's talent doesn't extend to putting on a decent fake accent and putting on a decent acting performance at the same time.

Well, I disagree there, but I am in the minority on that one.

the MY GAMORA line had me in stitches though.

3 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

I liked her accent in Ultron and think she can act just fine.

I agree with these statements when made separately. But having her ditch the Sakovian accent can't have been an accident, which suggests to me that she couldn't consistently deliver scenes that were more demanding using that accent. Perhaps when she tried the lovey dovey stuff with Vision she just couldn't pull it off without making it comical.

10 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

I liked her accent in Ultron and think she can act just fine.

Agreed.  Or at least, she can act in a Marvel movie just fine.  Don't think I've seen her in anything else.

There's probably only so much an actor can do with a made up accent. I think there's more issues with the character than the acting itself.

I didn't mind the transition as the less I remember about age of Ultron the better. Was the accent there in civil war? It could be that the Russo's just didn't like it while Whedon was fine with it.

Archived