Marvel Cinematic Universe 9: Returning to the Fold

Rhom

11 hours ago, Morpheus said:

That has to be the lamest excuse ever for her ditching her accent. Given she seems to be hiding out somewhere in Europe, having an American accent isn't exactly hiding in plain sight. I guess they had to come up with some reason to cover the fact that Elizabeth Olsen probably found putting on the Eastern Europe accent a struggle. And I can't really think of a better way to try to pass it off.

10 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Eh, maybe she's been living with them filthy Americans so long its starting to affect her.

Kinda like Yankees who move down here and suddenly it’s “Y’all” this and “I’ll have a sweet tea” that.

1 hour ago, Darth Richard II said:

Eh, maybe she's been living with them filthy Americans so long its starting to affect her.

Since she's been boning Vision pretty on a regular basis since Civil War I would think she'd have inherited a British accent.

9 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Since she's been boning Vision pretty on a regular basis since Civil War I would think she'd have inherited a British accent.

I think this would be plausible if her English was limited before we met her. I have friends who mastered English via their partners and the new words/phrases they picked up often mirror their partners accent. I got the impression that Wanda didn't have broken English when she first appeared just heavily accented fluent English. It's a stretch but better than the excuse the Russo's provided 

11 hours ago, Rhom said:

Kinda like Yankees who move down here and suddenly it’s “Y’all” this and “I’ll have a sweet tea” that.

Or southerners who move north and start speaking full words and sentences.

24 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Not that surprising. Reports are they will use his script though.

Honestly if they don't, this movie is DOA considering all the other casts shooting commitments to other films.

26 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Horn stood firm on his original verdict. The third Guardians movie is still expected to go into production in 2019, reportedly using Gunn’s existing script, though any new director brought in might put their own spin on it.

As has been said before there was little to no possibility of him coming back as director, but hopefully they do go ahead and keep as much as the script as possible.

:ninja:

Infinity War did prove that someone else can take Gunn's script (I read that he helped write all Guardian scenes) and tone and do the characters justice.

I don't see how well a potential GotG 4 will do with new writers... They'll need to do a Ragnarok-like soft reboot.

51 minutes ago, Myrddin said:

There you go. They all die in 3. :lol:

Except Rocket. You can't kill the raccoon. Or at least I always assumed that's why they rejected my spec script for Pocahontas II.

The alt-right attack dogs have been pulling out "pedo party" photos of Gunn to keep the pressure up to destroy his career. Never mind that the only photo I've seen is of Gunn dressed as a priest with adult women wearing clothes that could be representing themselves as pre-pubescent girls. Kind of an odd representation since I thought most pedophile priests preyed on boys.

I imagine there are no photos of Gunn at an actual party where adults are sexually abusing children.

I do wonder where his fixation on pedophilia came from. I wonder if there is history there from his childhood.

19 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

The alt-right attack dogs have been pulling out "pedo party" photos of Gunn to keep the pressure up to destroy his career. Never mind that the only photo I've seen is of Gunn dressed as a priest with adult women wearing clothes that could be representing themselves as pre-pubescent girls. Kind of an odd representation since I thought most pedophile priests preyed on boys.

I imagine there are no photos of Gunn at an actual party where adults are sexually abusing children.

I do wonder where his fixation on pedophilia came from. I wonder if there is history there from his childhood.

Apparently, a lot of his friends were abused by priests growing up, but not Gunn himself.

And Gunn is going to be fine career wise. Reports are every studio is looking to hire him(including Marvel wanting to hire him back for a different project) and with the payout he's probably getting for the contract breach he can probably fund his own film.

Archived