International News Thread

On 3/7/2019 at 6:52 AM, Spockydog said:

Venezuela's Guaido urges more sanctions after German expulsion

Jeez, Pinocchio, make up your mind. Last week you were calling for humanitarian aid. Now it's more misery and death. WTF?

You have said you don’t support Maduro.  Is there a particular reason you are attacking his principle opponent?  I agree a new election is needed do you want Guaido removed from consideration in that election?

2 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

You have said you don’t support Maduro.  Is there a particular reason you are attacking his principle opponent?

Because he is a US puppet, calling for more suffering for his people. Well, not his people. His people are the rich white former ruling class. People whose wealth mitigates the worst effects of the sanctions. 

And if Guiado isn't a US puppet, and the US is as desperate as they claim to be in wanting anyone other than Maduro, why did they threaten Henri Falcon with personal financial sanctions if he didn't pull out of the presidential election? 

58 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Because he is a US puppet, calling for more suffering for his people. Well, not his people. His people are the rich white former ruling class. People whose wealth mitigates the worst effects of the sanctions. 

And if Guiado isn't a US puppet, and the US is as desperate as they claim to be in wanting anyone other than Maduro, why did they threaten Henri Falcon with personal financial sanctions if he didn't pull out of the presidential election? 

Are you claiming Guiado is a “US Puppet” because of an action he has taken or because Trump has endorsed him?

5 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Are you claiming Guiado is a “US Puppet” because of an action he has taken or because Trump has endorsed him?

Well, he's apparently in favour of giving much of Venezuela's oil back to US oil companies. So there's that.

And I repeat, if he's not a puppet, why were the US so against Falcon's presidential bid?

6 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Hm.  Maybe because the opposition was widespread in boycotting Maduro's illegitimate election?  And the US supported that?

6 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Because he is a US puppet

Please provide any substantive evidence of this.  Dude still hasn't even declared if he would run in a prospective election.

22 minutes ago, DMC said:

Please provide any substantive evidence of this.  

He's got Trump's hand up his ass.

You're conducting this discussion like the past 60 years of American foreign policy didn't happen, whilst wantonly ignoring the very clear signs that the US is currently at the sharp end of operation Venezuela Regime Change.

26 minutes ago, DMC said:

Dude still hasn't even declared if he would run in a prospective election.

He probably doesn't want an election because he will likely lose. Unless you think the Chavistas are gonna vote for this guy in free and fair elections?

Also, what do you think happens if one of the CIA assassins manages to get the Maduro job done? You think Guiado just walks away?

11 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

He's got Trump's hand up his ass.

He's got a lot more than just Trump's hand up his ass.  Again, I'll take the countries that back Guaido over the countries that back Maduro in a heartbeat.  But you're obviously afraid to argue that point.

13 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

You're conducting this discussion like the past 60 years of American foreign policy didn't happen, whilst wantonly ignoring the very clear signs that the US is currently at the sharp end of operation Venezuela Regime Change.

No, I'm conducting this discussion based on actual facts instead of knee-jerk conclusions based on absolutely positively nothing.  I've already acknowledged the CIA is there and trying to influence things.  What you're entirely unwilling to engage in - again because you know you're wrong - is the fact that the CIA has not been successful at all in this regard.  But go ahead and continue to act like the CIA's influence is the same like it was during the Cold War like an idiot.

11 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

He probably doesn't want an election because he will likely lose.

So he'd likely lose in the election he's been publicly pushing for literally the entire time and publicly has not declared whether he'll run in it to begin with?  M'kay.

13 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

What do you think happens if one of the CIA assassins manages to get the Maduro job done?

I have no idea.  And neither does the CIA.  The most hilarious thing about inane conspiracy theorists like yourself is the omniscience you attribute to the nefarious culprits.

26 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

He probably doesn't want an election because he will likely lose. Unless you think the Chavistas are gonna vote for this guy in free and fair elections?

Also, what do you think happens if one of the CIA assassins manages to get the Maduro job done? You think Guiado just walks away?

Who would the Chavistas offer other than Maduro who wouldn’t continue Maduro’s existing policies?

39 minutes ago, DMC said:

He's got a lot more than just Trump's hand up his ass.  Again, I'll take the countries that back Guaido over the countries that back Maduro in a heartbeat.  But you're obviously afraid to argue that point.

No, I'm conducting this discussion based on actual facts instead of knee-jerk conclusions based on absolutely positively nothing.  I've already acknowledged the CIA is there and trying to influence things.  What you're entirely unwilling to engage in - again because you know you're wrong - is the fact that the CIA has not been successful at all in this regard.  But go ahead and continue to act like the CIA's influence is the same like it was during the Cold War like an idiot.

So he'd likely lose in the election he's been publicly pushing for literally the entire time and publicly has not declared whether he'll run in it to begin with?  M'kay.

I have no idea.  And neither does the CIA.  The most hilarious thing about inane conspiracy theorists like yourself is the omniscience you attribute to the nefarious culprits.

Countries that support Guaido like the USA (Trump), Brazil(Bolsonaro), Argentina(Macri), Chile(Piñera) all far right goverments, ok. 

And you have a lot of trust that your goverment is not doing some dirty shit, even tho history has proven that you fucking love doing that shit. 

1 hour ago, DMC said:

Calling me an idiot and a conspiracy theorist. Way to go. I'm done with this discussion now.

1 hour ago, Conflicting Thought said:

Countries that support Guaido like the USA (Trump), Brazil(Bolsonaro), Argentina(Macri), Chile(Piñera) all far right goverments, ok.

Sure, those countries.  Also all these countries too:

• Spain    Britain    France
  • Germany    Austria    Czech Republic
  • Denmark    Estonia    Finland
  • Latvia    Lithuania    Luxembourg
  • Netherlands    Poland    Portugal
  • Sweden   Canada   Colombia
  • Costa Rica    Guatemala    Honduras
  • Panama    Paraguay    Peru
  • Israel    Australia  
  • Kosovo    Iceland    Albania
  • Ecuador    Georgia    Ukraine
  • Belgium    Hungary    Croatia
  • Malta    Macedonia    Bulgaria
  • Slovenia    Morocco    Ireland
  • Haiti    Romania    

As opposed to these countries that support Maduro:

• China  Russia  Turkey
  • Cuba  Iran  Syria
  • Nicaragua  Bolivia  South Africa
  • Suriname  Dominica  St. Vincent and the Grenadines
  • Cambodia  North Korea

For the fourth time, I'll take the former, all day every day.

1 hour ago, Conflicting Thought said:

And you have a lot of trust that your goverment is not doing some dirty shit

No I don't.  I have admitted, repeatedly, that my government is probably doing some dirty shit.

55 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Calling me an idiot and a conspiracy theorist. Way to go. I'm done with this discussion now.

Your posts demonstrably show you're a conspiracy theorist.  That's undeniable.  You have no evidence for your claims and accusations.  That makes you a conspiracy theorist by definition.

I did not mean to call you an idiot, and I almost edited that out but felt it'd be disingenuous to do so.  I think your opinions are idiotic.  That's what I meant to say.

But feel free to take your ball and go home.  Just another demonstration that your argument can't stand up to any scrutiny.

On 3/4/2019 at 10:18 PM, Fragile Bird said:

When it comes to water? Bloody hell yes. Wait until climate change screws up the US some more.

If we really need Canada's natural resources badly enough (whether water or something else), we'll certainly take them, but we're quite a long ways from that. Also, this is not the 19th century so there won't be an invasion. We're much more civilized than that now; we'll simply annex you and you can be the 51st state. It'll be fun: you'll not only be the largest state by area, but one larger than the rest of the country combined.

I would rather die than submit to the awful diection and values of the current owners of the us. Supporting poisoners and dismembering regimes for money, really? Rather, I would invite California, Washington DC, Washington state, Oregon, NY, New England, and other more enlightened states to join us in a New Canada. It always was meant to be.

By the way, in my wide experience, misogyny is not nearly as strong as it is in the us, or is racism, or science shaming. People are healthier, happier, more egalitarian and more literate. Does that scare you Altherion or would you like to join a new commonwealth?

By the way, Canadians often beat you in war games with fewer resources, several birdies have told me.

I know the military are not supposed to follow unlawful orders, yet your country is the Abu Graib country, and the Bushes supplies arms to the Nazi’s so who knows. With Trumps evil eye, anthing is possible. 

I will renounce my us citizenship if needed. Although I enjoyed the history and civics portions, or the citizenship tests. Trumps sliming over the constitution is a good reason to go, among many others. I’m leaving permanently in a few days in disgust for the Republican Party. But I will still be able to vote, and will, not that can’t be buried by the people here with poor reasoning skills.

HC,

Bushes supplies arms to the Nazi’s so who knows.

So, if my Grandfather did something evil am I responsible for what my Grandfather did?  If my Father did something evil am I responsible for what my Father did?  If I do something evil is my son or Grandson responsible for what I did?

George W. Has plenty on his plate without attempting to imply he’s responsible for the actions of his Grandfather Prescott.

8 hours ago, DMC said:

Your posts demonstrably show you're a conspiracy theorist.  That's undeniable.  You have no evidence for your claims and accusations.  That makes you a conspiracy theorist by definition.

I did not mean to call you an idiot, and I almost edited that out but felt it'd be disingenuous to do so.  I think your opinions are idiotic.  That's what I meant to say.

But feel free to take your ball and go home.  Just another demonstration that your argument can't stand up to any scrutiny.

I recall having similar conversations around 2002/2003. Being told I was an idiot and a conspiracy theorist for my insistence that there were no WMD in Iraq.

Archived