Dreams

Vhagar's Ghost

So I'm new here, and I haven't read any of the main books, but I have read some sample TWoW chapters, and gotten summaries from the books from the wiki and friends who have read them, and I've read the World of Ice and Fire. Now, one thing I've noticed about the books is that there are many dream sequences, like, a shit load. And these dreams honestly feel like they are actual dreams, they are the same level of crazy and surreal that real dreams are, something I never see in most books or shows (except Hannibal, Hannibal nailed dreams in a really creative and fantastic way). Anyone kinda feel like you wanted some of these to be onscreen? Bran's dreams in the show are great, but there are so many more, and I especially love Dany's dream of the red door in Braavos and finding herself in Rhaegar's armour, and Jaime's heart tree dream/prophecy with him and Brienne and him confronting his Kingsguard during Aerys's reign and Rhaegar. And I know it isn't a dream more of a vision, but I loved the imagery and feel of the visions Aeron has in The Forsaken. Kinda weird thing to talk about but does anyone think these could've great to see onscreen?

Welcome to the forum @Vhagar's Ghost.  If you are interested in dream sequences, I would highly recommend The Sopranos.  Completely different show, but you could cherry pick a few episodes (the season 2 finale, a few season 5 ones, and early season 6 episodes stand out most of all) which nail the feeling of being in a dream.

I personally am not all that interested in seeing them on Game of Thrones.

I'd have liked more dream sequences in the show, so long as they serve a purpose.

But I'd have preferred that they had used more flashbacks to help tell the story, provide some important exposition instead of waiting to use Bran as an exposition machine.

Archived