U. S Politics: I know why the caged babe screams.

LongRider

1 minute ago, James Arryn said:

The thing is, you watch it live, and I honestly think that was him trying to go for...wholesome? 

Reminds me of this from transmet

2 hours ago, Casablanca Birdie said:

I saw one of the most revolting pictures of Donald Trump ever today, and it was actually an official WH picture released for the 4th of July.

It’s a picture of the poor, innocent American flag hanging from a pole with Trump standing there with arms around the flag and pole, hugging them. The look on his face is indescribable, but the closest I can come is he looks like the flag is a stripper pole dancing and he knows he has her in his power.

That was being civil. Very civil.

They say sociopaths are just imitating normies. I think this is what you get when a sociopath is also a malignant narcissist. Performative faux grossness?

it sort of reminds me of the villain in men in black when he is first wearing the human suit.

6 minutes ago, lokisnow said:

They say sociopaths are just imitating normies. I think this is what you get when a sociopath is also a malignant narcissist. Performative faux grossness?

I think it's more a commentary on the "normies" than the sociopath if the latter's imitation of the former constitutes basically humping the American flag.

2 hours ago, Which Tyler said:

Who wants to be the first to tell Nigel Farage that the intent of the balloon is to humiliate Trump. Lots of people really don't like Trump and are not shy about showing it. Lots of us don't  give a fuck about what Nigel thinks either.

3 minutes ago, maarsen said:

Who wants to be the first to tell Nigel Farage that the intent of the balloon is to humiliate Trump. Lots of people really don't like Trump and are not shy about showing it. Lots of us don't  give a fuck about what Nigel thinks either.

I just think trump is probably incredibly pleased that a giant balloon statue to him was erected over London ( before inevitably deflating when it’s spent and he leaves). Good way to flatter his ego even if it’s small hands, it’s still yuuuuge... err... head.

Yeah, they’re doing God’s work. I can remember all the passages about immigration control...therein the Lord saith those from that side of the regularly remarked border are of Cain, and thou shalt not suffereth them to live amongst ye, lest though decreaseth the wage potential of those not marked as the dark sons of Cain. Now goeth forth, and commit not murder or adultery or above all eat shellfish,  and do good to all saving the Cain folk mentioneth above. 

Edit, once again the Constitution and Bible remind me of one another. But not in the way other people might say the exact same thing.

1 hour ago, lokisnow said:

it sort of reminds me of the villain in men in black when he is first wearing the human suit.

Just Fox News values. That's how they treat things they claim to respect. Just like they reassure us about how much they respect women, by allowing a culture of groping and creeping.

2 hours ago, lokisnow said:

You're talking about the Edgar suit.  Better get a glass of water ready.  With sugar.  More.  

2 hours ago, Bonnot OG said:

Trump made a joke about testing Warren's native american heritage by raping / sexual assaulting her. 

Here's the quote that I found -- the invocation of the #MeToo generation refers to violence against women (harassment included) though not necessarily of a sexual nature. ****

“Let’s say I’m debating Pocahontas, right?” Trump said Thursday night. “I’m going to get one of those little kits, and in middle of the debate, when she proclaims that she is of Indian heritage — because her mother said that she has high cheekbones; that’s her only evidence, that her mother said she has high cheekbones — we will take that little kit, and we will say — but we have to do it gently because we’re in the ‘Me Too’ generation, so we have to be very gentle — and we will very gently take that kit, and we will slowly toss it, hoping it doesn’t hit her and injure her arm, even though it probably only weighs 2 ounces.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2018/07/05/trump-says-give-senator-elizabeth-warren-for-charity-she-can-prove-she-native-american/w1U3qQbQ3SLRXsTf33kEWJ/story.html

Senator Warren's response was on point.

****eta -- that might not be right. I thought I remembered domestic assault/harrassment were included on their own - but I don't find a specific case to support that.

9 hours ago, DMC said:

I think it's more a commentary on the "normies" than the sociopath if the latter's imitation of the former constitutes basically humping the American flag.

Seriously, have you looked at the picture? It’s grotesque. You’ll need eye bleach afterwards.

And then there are the pictures Trump Jr posted of his father in a  Revolutionary War battle scene, in uniform, and another of him riding a tank, in uniform. Mr 5 deferments, one for bone spurs, general of the glorious revolution.

9 minutes ago, Casablanca Birdie said:

Mr 5 deferments, one for bone spurs, general of the glorious revolution.

You've heard the saying 'all the best coaches are in the stands', right?

O -- you didn't know that we fought the Second US Civil War over the July 4th of bang and glut? In case you missed it, Monday, the vile insane sadist, nazi Alex Jones criminal sent out a MAGA tweet that on July 4th the Dems were planning to launch a civil war against the great legitimate government of the US.

The anti-nazi forces then, did launch a war, indeed, right there, on twitter, sending home in tweet-letters, composed often quite brilliantly in the very styles of missives from the front of the first War of Rebellion. Peoples know their social history yay!  Best of all, periodically these tongue in cheek, poking fun at the cray cray that has taken over the USA, people posted billboards to vote in the November midterm elections -- billboards even with variations:

DhTBl2dVMAAFMwJ.jpg

Many of these were hilarious. Got me through the really depressing day that yesterday was, historically speaking, for people like us who know our national history so very well. Thousands and thousands of contributors! 

We, personally, received some great news on two fronts, so to speak, yesterday, so I should have been feeling pleased, but really, between these punctuations of laughter, I was deeply depressed.) 

Generally speaking I think the forces of snark, riposte, wit, satire, intelligence, information, history, sense of fun defeated the forces of Red Hats everywhere. 

Two of my favorites: 

Quote:
My Dearest, 

At first we were scared of the enemy artillery, but when we realized their trajectory math was based on the earth being flat, we relaxed. Their shelling has fallen woefully short for days and yet they refuse to recalculate. 

With Love, 
Derek 
#secondcivilwarletters 

Quote:
Darling, 

While this war has been tiresome, I don’t expect it to last. Red Hat casualties are mounting. They choose not to treat their wounded brethren, instead they just scream “I’M NOT PAYING FOR YOUR HEALTHCARE” & leave them for dead. 

Yours Always, A 
#secondcivilwarletters

. . . This one made me cry -- the body of the tweet is a photo of baby Jesus, Joseph and Mary in an ICE cage, which a least one church has done, as an ICE protest:

Quote:
We have reached Fort Indianapolis, where the Holy Family has been captured. What manner of evil is this? Pray for strength to resist such horrors. 

DhQ-Wb_U8AAgG1t.jpg

Other examples: 

Quote:
The dastardly Colonel Niall Ferguson enlisted a force of purely white men. They fell quickly to our diverse well-trained forces. Unable to even stand the heat of Jalapeños, they were unprepared for the heat of battle. 
#secondcivilwarletters 
‏ 
Dear sister, I am safe. We were attacked by a group of redcaps armed with unsolicited dick pics. But once we rejected them, they fled, shouting that we were ugly bitches who no one would want to fuck anyway. Fort Male Ego may be weaker than suspected. 
#secondcivilwarletters 

‏My brothers and sisters: 
I regretfully report that I will not be able to make it to the battlefield for the #SecondCivilWar. I was drafting battle plans in a Starbucks when I was arrested for not buying anything. You must stay strong in my absence. 
#secondcivilwarletters 

Dearest husband, 
We’ve trapped the MAGAts in our local library, turning it into a torture chamber. We’ve forced reading comprehension textbooks& grammar lessons 24/7. The screams are unbearable. Then we diagram sentences. I am a sadist. War is brutal. 
#secondcivilwarletters 
Dear Ma and Pa, 
It’s Day 2 of the #SecondCivilWar. My comrades and I have set up camp in a library. There is absolutely no chance they will find us here. 
Love, 
Sam 
#SecondCivilWarLetters 

19 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Considering the obscene profits some companies make it certainly would be possible to pay the employees of those companies their current wage/salary and have them work 30hrs. The company would probably have to employ more people for the same output, but this is a good thing if the coming employment crunch because of AI automation is true. It's not like there aren't pots of money floating around at the top of the socioeconomic pile that couldn't be poured down to workers. But as I said, some businesses currently operate on too low margins to cope. But even then, for larger low margin companies if the executives took a haircut off their million $ + bonuses packages that redistribution of the payroll could cover much of that 25%.

If you halved top executive compensation (which would roughly bring it back in line with what it used to be in the 60s and 70s, accounting for inflation and general economic growth) and redistributed that to the rest of the employees, that might translate into pay raises of 1-3% depending on the company. 

That's for American businesses, in Western Europe it would be a bit less.

CEO's may be unfairly compensated from a moral perspective, but in economic terms their paychecks don't make all that much of a difference.  

Well, for large corporations anyway. But executives at smaller companies don't tend to make all that much money anyway, not when accounting for workloads and responsibilities. 

In any case, the USA does have large income inequalities so in that sense there would be a bit more wiggle room there to reduce the impact of working less on normal people by combining it with distribution policies. In most the rest of the West however, the inequalities are already quite small. So there a drop in GDP per capita of 25% (assuming a 30 hour work week) would probably need to be passed on to working and middle class people almost in full. 

For those doubting whether Trump is a "true conservative".

His mindless chickenhawkery indicates that he is. Ted Nugent would be proud.

https://www.vox.com/2018/7/6/17536908/trump-venezuela-invade-military

Last year, President Donald Trump repeatedly asked aides and foreign leaders about the prospects for invading a foreign country.

No, not North Korea. Trump wanted to invade the South American country of Venezuela. Because why the hell not.

According to multiple reports, Trump continuously asked his top advisers last August about a military option for overthrowing Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro and quelling the growing political and economic crisis his mismanagement of that country has wrought.

4 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

For those doubting whether Trump is a "true conservative".

His mindless chickenhawkery indicates that he is. Ted Nugent would be proud.

https://www.vox.com/2018/7/6/17536908/trump-venezuela-invade-military

That quote is hilarious, like 45 evah, in his whole stupid life  used the word 'quelling'.    

>>snort<<

Archived