Poll: Answer 10 mysteries of asoiaf

1. Where is Tysha?

2. Who is Mystery Knight of Harrenhall (Laughing tree)?

3. Who is the Harpy?

4. Who is Jon's mother?

5. Real identity of Aegon VI?

6.  Who killed Little Walder Frey?

7. Who wrote Pink Letter?

8. Who is Coldhands?

9. Who is Hooded man of Winterfell?

10. Who is Azor Ahai?

1. She is now an ideal for Tyrion to strive to. Her actual location isn't important and she won't be in the books again.

2. Lyanna Stark (I'm sure about this)

3. A bunch of Mereneese Nobles. There is not a single person but the Green Grace is part of them and a good representation of what they are thinking.

4. Lyanna Stark (again I'm sure of this)

5. Illyrio's son, a Blackfyre descendant (again I find the argument very compelling)

6. Big Walder.

7 Ramsay.

8. Not sure, possibly someone Brynden Rivers knew at the wall at some stage. No one recently alive.

9. Theon. (Not the killer though)

10. If it is one person it is Daenerys. But she is not the Prince that was Promised.

2 hours ago, Dead headofMaelysKinslayer said:

1. Where is Tysha?

3. Who is the Harpy?

4. Who is Jon's mother?

8. Who is Coldhands?

10. Who is Azor Ahai?

1. Wherever whores go.

2. Paris Hilton

3. My Aunt

4. Arthur Dayne

5. Donald Trump

6. Serbian Mafia

7. Someone who knows to write letters

8. Mickey Mouse

9. Lolys Stokeworth.

10. It is...

Spoiler

JOHN CENA !!!!!

11. What happened to Tyrek Lannister?

12. Where did Qyburn come from and what are his goals?

13. What is Littlefinger's full back story?

14. Where did Jaime and Brienne go?

15. What happened to Gerion Lannister?

16. Where is Benjen?

4 hours ago, Dead headofMaelysKinslayer said:

Snip

1. Where is Tysha?

No idea. I doubt she'll actually appear.

Lyanna Stark, most likely.

3. Who is the Harpy?

The Green Grace and several members of the Meeranese mobility.

4. Who is Jon's mother?

Lyanna Stark, by Rhaegar Targaryen.

Probably a Blackfyre pretender, either Illyrio and Sera's son or perhaps Sepa Lemore's (who is not Ashara Dayne) unknown baby.

Ramsay. 

Ramsay, again.

8. Who is Coldhands?

One of the Raven's Teeth who served Bloodraven.

Harwin.

10. Who is Azor Ahai?

No one, as in, he's a legend and no one person is going to turn out to be him reborn. This is a question that will never have a clear answer.

24 minutes ago, Seams said:

snip

11. What happened to Tyrek Lannister?I

Littlefinger's probably got him stashed somewhere...

Not sure but I think his goal is to just continue with his work by any means and he'll support whoever allows him to do so.

I personally don't think there is anything too mysterious about his background.

To confront the Stoneheart.

Died at sea.

16. Where is Benjen?

No idea. Probably just dead. Random guesses for something more exciting: at Hardhome or hiding out in the underground tunnels.

1. Tisha is insignificant, just a small piece of Tyrion's past, there's no future for them, not enough of basis to build that future together, thus probably she will never return, so it doesn't matter where she is.

2. Lyanna.

3. Galazza Galare (the Green Grace). Sons of the Harpy are her male followrs, while her female followers are other Graces in that temple. GG convinced Dany to marry with Hizdahr, to legally take over her throne, after Dany will die. Also she was the one behind that poisoning. Graces were able to save Strong Belvas, because they knew which poison was it, it was their own poison, and they had an antidote for it. Attempt to kill Dany's dragons (when Martell boy got burned), is also her doing.

4. Lyanna.

5. Son of Septa Lemore (Lady Jayne Swann) and Barristan Selmy (his father was from House Selmy, but his mother was daughter of Aenys Blackfyre). Maybe.

6. Knight from White Harbor, that owed money to LW, for loosing to him in dice game. Maybe it's Davos.

7. Ramsay.

8. When he was alive, he was Benjen Stark, now he is Coldhands.

9. Mance, when he took off Melisandre's bracelet, and shadow mask. Or Davos. Or someone sent by Manderlys to find out, what is really going on in Winterfell. :eek: It's Howland Reed!

10. Jon Snow, Aegon VII Targaryen.

1. Where is Tysha? The Sailors wife but I doubt anyone least of all Tyrion will ever find out. 

2. Who is Mystery Knight of Harrenhall (Laughing tree)? Lyanna Stark

3. Who is the Harpy? The Green Grace

4. Who is Jon's mother? Lyanna Stark

5. Real identity of Aegon VI? Illyrio & Serra's son, descended from the bastard linesof Daemon Blackfyre & Aerion Brightflame Targaryen

6.  Who killed Little Walder Frey? Big Walder Frey

7. Who wrote Pink Letter? Ramsey

8. Who is Coldhands? A very old undead nightswatch brother; possibly of house Stark

9. Who is Hooded man of Winterfell? Harwin

10. Who is Azor Ahai? originally the Bloodstone Emperor; the reborn promised prince/ss. Dany. 

6 hours ago, Dead headofMaelysKinslayer said:

1. Where is Tysha?

3. Who is the Harpy?

4. Who is Jon's mother?

8. Who is Coldhands?

10. Who is Azor Ahai?

1. It doesn't matter, she's important only in Tyrion's past.

2. Lyanna

3. Green Grace 

4. Lyanna, because that's the only way Ned's actions concerning Jon make any sense. Also, Rhaegar is Jon's dad.

5. He's Illyrio's son and his mother is Serra, who is Blackfyre and Varys' sister. Otherwise Varys and Illyrio make absolutely no sense.

6. I'm not sure, either Big Walder or the Hooded Man.

7. Ramsay, because Stannis doesn't know about Mance, and Mance himself has no motive to lie to Jon but still reveal his survival.

8. Probably just some random corpse that Bloodraven skinchanges to.

9. Not sure, I'll go with Harwin.

10. I don't think there will be any kind of "true Azor Ahai" but if it's anyone, it's probably Dany. Maybe the Dragons are Lightbringer. After all, they hatched during Dany's Nissa Nissa moment with Drogo. Also, Jon is TPTWP and Bran is the Last Hero.

2 hours ago, Seams said:

16. Where is Benjen?

11. I'd like to think he's just dead and his killers hid/destroyed the body once they realized they had killed Tywin Lannister's relative. Varys knowing of the riot in advance and having him hid somewhere would totally destroy the thematic purpose of the riot.

12. Absolutely no idea, he seems to want Cersei back in power but that might be just because she gave him power.

13. Full? What is there that we don't know?

14. They are going to Jaime's trial with Lady Stoneheart, although Jaime thinks they are going to save Sansa.

15. He's dead and has absolutely no importance to the story. 

16. Right now I think he's dead, but wouldn't be surprised if he appears from somewhere. (But he isn't Coldhands, Hooded Man, Euron or Daario!)

1. Where is Tysha?

ADWD Tyrion XII: "… and every family has its drooling cousins." Tyrion signed another note. The parchment crinkled crisply as he slid it toward the paymaster. "There are cells down in the bowels of Casterly Rock where my lord father kept the worst of ours."

Lyanna

3. Who is the Harpy?

Several including the Green Grace

4. Who is Jon's mother?

I expect it to be Lyanna but would be thrilled if RLJ was a red herring

Power resides where people believe it resides/we'll never find out for sure.

Not sure.

Stannis

8. Who is Coldhands?

No one introduced into the books yet.

I like Harwin, but not sure.

10. Who is Azor Ahai?

A myth.

I don't know but I wonder that LF has him in hiding and he went willingly because LF promised to undo his marriage to the baby Lady Ermensande about which he was pretty ticked.

I'm inclined to think he's just a crazy obsessed dude but it was a bit weird how much he kissed up to Jaime then Cersei. I toy with the idea that he works for the Boltons. Roose knows not to trust the Lannisters and I can imagine Roose and Qyburn having many candlelit conversations over, eh, really messed up stuff.

I like the idea that he's the son of Ellyn Reyne (Alyane named for his mother and he tells her to seduce her way to power which was Ellyn's thing) but I'm not committed to this.

To Stoneheart. Jaime will sweet talk her again (he's getting good at this) and Stoneheart won't be able to pass up having the Lord of Casterly Rock working for her because who else is he if he's not KG anymore?

Tywin exiled him for marrying a whore (he tells Tyrion that neither of his brothers married a whore when he has three brothers). He became Illyrio (looks like Tytos) and the Shrouded Lord. Illyrio/Tyrion/Gerion and Illyrio = sick river plus lots of other stuff. Inspiration was a labor of Hercules called Geryon and his Cattle where Geryon was three people attached at the stomach.

ADWD Tyrion II: The cheesemonger smiled through his forked beard. "And Daenerys will give the exiles what Bittersteel and the Blackfyres never could. She will take them home."

16. Where is Benjen?

Craster butchered and ate him. :crying:

1. Dead. Her role as a character is over. 

2. Lyanna 

3. Green Grace is the de facto leader, but there’s no single ‘Harpy’. 

4. Lyanna. It is known. 

5. Either a Blackfyre himself, or an instrument (random guy) for Blackfyre descendants to use. 

6. No real opinion. Probably Black Walder. 

7. This is the hardest one to answer for me. Mel is currently my number one suspect. Ramsey doesn’t have enough information (since I don’t believe he has Stannis) and I think Mance has shown he values the survival of the Free Folk above his own life so would not create conflict between the Watch and the Boltons. 

8. No single character we know yet, could be alive for millennia already. 

9. Reek/Theon/Theon Durden’s third personality. 

10. Azor Ahai myth is about the forging of VS. 

Can I add a #17 and 18?

17. Is Bloodraven working with or against the Others?

18. Is someone the 3EC? Personally I don’t think the 3EC is a character, but an internal representation of a desire, a concept. If we equate Mel to Bran for a second, the 3EC is to Bran what fire is to Mel. A vessel, not the entity (Rhollor for Mel). This is why Bloodraven is unfamiliar with the 3EC, but seems to be on his side. Same entity, different vessel for Visions. 

1. Long dead

2. Lyanna

3. No single person, most likely a group of people

4. Lyanna

5. Just some random child, probably bought from his parents

6. Big Walder

7. Ramsay 

8. The Night's King

9. Someone that survived the Red Wedding

10. Jon Snow and Daenerys, together, probably with a third TBD

11. Dead

12. He is as he seems - a disgrace maester who has attached himself to someone that will allow him to continue his experiments

13. We know it

14. To Stoneheart

15. Dead

16. Dead

17. Against

18. Bloodraven

2 hours ago, Davjos said:

Can I add a #17 and 18?

17. Is Bloodraven working with or against the Others?

18. Is someone the 3EC? Personally I don’t think the 3EC is a character, but an internal representation of a desire, a concept. If we equate Mel to Bran for a second, the 3EC is to Bran what fire is to Mel. A vessel, not the entity (Rhollor for Mel). This is why Bloodraven is unfamiliar with the 3EC, but seems to be on his side. Same entity, different vessel for Visions. 

17. Not really sure, there are wights trying to attack his cave, which would imply against. But on the other hand I really doubt CotF are really fine with going extinct because of humans, and I find it interesting that Others and CotF are same species. One thing is sure though, Bloodraven definitely doesn't have Bran's well-being in mind.

18. 3EC is future Bran trying to warn himself about Bloodraven. I wrote an entire theory about this, and expect it to be confirmed in TWOW. 

(Just had to answer these two, this is my favourite plotline in the series)

1. Where is Tysha? Alive maybe.

2. Who is Mystery Knight of Harrenhall (Laughing tree)? Lyanna.

4. Who is Jon's mother? Lyanna.

5. Real identity of Aegon VI? I'd love for him to be real - or rather, us never knowing either way -, but if not then he's a Blackfyre.

8. Who is Coldhands? Benjen.

10. Who is Azor Ahai? Jon Snow.

Aaaaaaaaaaawwwwww yeeeaaaah boooiii

11 hours ago, Dead headofMaelysKinslayer said:

1. Where is Tysha?

3. Who is the Harpy?

4. Who is Jon's mother?

8. Who is Coldhands?

10. Who is Azor Ahai?

1. Unsure, not in the Westerlands probably.

2. Lyanna Stark.

3. Hizdahr? Idfk

4. Lyanna Stark

5. He's a Blackfyre descendant and son of Illyrio.

6. Big Walder Frey (aka idfk)

7. Ramsay.

8. The Night's King.

9. Mance?

10. Daenerys Targaryen.

12 hours ago, Dead headofMaelysKinslayer said:

1. Where is Tysha?

The gods alone know. I have a feeling we won't find out.

Lyanna Stark.

3. Who is the Harpy?

Reznak (sp?)

4. Who is Jon's mother?

Lyanna Stark.

See # 1 - he probably believes he is Aegon VI

Not sure.

Ramsay Bolton.

8. Who is Coldhands?

Some ranger from way back, probably served w/ Bloodraven. In my head canon wishful thinking he is one of the Raven's Teeth.

Mollen is the moat likely imo but not sure at all. But no Theon Durden for me.

10. Who is Azor Ahai?

No one.

1. Somewhere in the Westerlands. Probably on a farm. However she won't appear in the story again.

2. Lyanna Stark

3. There isn't a Harpy. A group of Meereeneese nobles run the sons. Afterall there was no single leader in Meereen before Dany conquered it.

4. Lyanna Stark

5. A Blackfyre descendant. Septa Lemore is likely also a Blackfyre and is his mother - and Illyrio's wife and sister to Varys.

6. Ramsay Bolton

7. Mance Raydar 

8. Benjen Stark

9. Unsure, sorry. Perhaps a Faceless Man? or Mance?

10. Jon Snow.

1. Where is Tysha? 6 feet under.

2. Who is Mystery Knight of Harrenhall (Laughing tree)? Lyanna Stark

3. Who is the Harpy? I don't think there is one specific person. I think it's a group of people. 

4. Who is Jon's mother? Lyanna Stark

5. Real identity of Aegon VI? I am probably the only person in the universe who is hoping he is who he is presented as. But likely a Blackfyre decedent. In any case, I don't want him to die. Varys and Illyrio can both bite the dust, though.

6.  Who killed Little Walder Frey? Big Walder

7. Who wrote Pink Letter? Stannis B or his maester. Too much in the sample chapter seems to point to him.

8. Who is Coldhands? One of the 6 kings Nymeria sent to the Wall a thousand years ago. I have a name picked out. I think whoever he is, he served at the Nightfort well before it was closed down.

9. Who is Hooded man of Winterfell? Harwin

10. Who is Azor Ahai? I'm going with Jon Snow on this one, although I don't think it's just one person.

11. What happened to Tyrek Lannister? I think he has been mentioned too often to be dead. I think he will be produced when his turn for to become the lord of Casterly Rock comes. 

12. Where did Qyburn come from and what are his goals? I don't know, but I hope he's going toward a painful death. He certainly knows how to ingratiate himself. 

13. What is Littlefinger's full back story? I think we have as much as we will have about Littlefinger. I also hope his death is painful.

14. Where did Jaime and Brienne go? Hollow hill. 

15. What happened to Gerion Lannister? Don't know, didn't have a gas mask when he went to Valyria.

16. Where is Benjen? Don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if he turned up at the Wall somewhere in the next book. 

On 7/3/2018 at 11:40 PM, Dead headofMaelysKinslayer said:

1. Where is Tysha?

3. Who is the Harpy?

4. Who is Jon's mother?

8. Who is Coldhands?

10. Who is Azor Ahai?

1.  Probably dead.

2.  Lyanna Stark

3.  If it is one person it is the Green Grace, but I think it is a group of people.

4.  Lyanna Stark

5.  He is as presented the son of Rhaegar and Elia. We WILL know for sure either way.

6.  The hooded man.

7.  Ramsay.

8.  A crow who died behind the wall. There is a chance it is Benjen, but I don't think so.

9.  Harwin

10.  If Azor Ahai is one person, it is Dany. If Azor Ahai is a three headed dragon it is Dany, Jon, and Aegon or Tyrion.

ETA:  Azor Ahai and the PtwP are the same thing. This is a fact, not opinion. 

Archived