Pictionary 41: Summer is coming

Buckwheat

On 7/5/2018 at 7:17 PM, Buckwheat said:

I have three sentences already. They are all fairly ... abstract. So basically you are all allowed to go anywhere between "Rocksniffer bakes cookies" and "The poetic function projects the principle of equivalence from the axis of selection to the axis of combination".

And if anybody can tell me whose that quote is and what it means without googling, they automatically win this game.

I thought I'd enjoy reading linguistics and Poetics but I didn't, it was meh for me .

I had the same experience when I first read a linguistics book. I had thought it would be about languages. It was probably something Chomskyian, but it's long ago and far away, so who knows. (Later I found out linguistics actually was about languages, at least sometimes.)

On 6 July 2018 at 2:17 AM, Buckwheat said:

"The poetic function projects the principle of equivalence from the axis of selection to the axis of combination".

an academic ass with no real feeling for language.

now it will be either (a) a famous poet or (b) you, in an essay, I suppose.  eeek!

11 hours ago, Vin said:

I thought I'd enjoy reading linguistics and Poetics but I didn't, it was meh for me .

Oh, ding ding ding! I knew there was a reason why I liked your posting down here in FG. ;)

I have to admit I have not read the whole thing either, but I did hear enough lectures about it and this definiton so many times.

8 hours ago, Count Balerion said:

I had the same experience when I first read a linguistics book. I had thought it would be about languages. It was probably something Chomskyian, but it's long ago and far away, so who knows. (Later I found out linguistics actually was about languages, at least sometimes.)

Lingustics is about languages, but it can be fairly theotetic.

3 hours ago, Castellan said:

an academic ass with no real feeling for language.

now it will be either (a) a famous poet or (b) you, in an essay, I suppose.  eeek!

No and HELL NO. :P I am not a 130-year-old male Russian formalist. :P

On 7/8/2018 at 9:38 AM, Buckwheat said:

I have nine sentences. I still want to hear from some regulars because I want to have some possible replacements at hand. Thank you all for playing, and be prepared for challenges. :devil:

@rocksniffer

@Pebble

@TitanCat

Sorry,  I'm not able to play pictionary till at least September.   I might be able to do the odd round if needed.

Ok, great.

Cat messaged me on the Facelessbook and said she was going to join. So as soon as I get her sentence, we are starting.

Currently we have nobody as a replacement though, so please please everybody, don't ghost me and keep the deadlines. :)

Hello! I'm here! And wow, the site layout changed since I last visited... (that reflects badly on me, doesn't it?)

Sending a sentence of unknown calibre now.

4 hours ago, TitanCat said:

Hello! I'm here! And wow, the site layout changed since I last visited... (that reflects badly on me, doesn't it?)

Sending a sentence of unknown calibre now.

Welcome back. ;) 

4 hours ago, TitanCat said:

Sentence is in!

I'll not show my pics/sentences to TCCB, in case anyone needs a back up, so I can prod him to join in :)

3 hours ago, I am Zlatan said:

I'll be happy to fill in as backup a couple of times.

Excellent. BB just told me is going to be away for some days in the middle of the game, so we will surely need somebody to fill in a round or two.

Anyway, everybody now has a sentence to draw.

Deadline: Thursday, 12th July, 9 PM (Central Europe).

It would be great if I have all the drawings on Thursday evening as I won't be able to send you the next task and organise anything on Friday.

Have fun drawing. :devil: <- This does not represent me, this represents whichever co-player sent in a totally undrawable, weird, abstract sentence, of course.

Player list is in the first post, will try to update and bold names when I can.

Archived