NBA Free Agency 2018: Independence day, unless you're in San Antonio

Red Tiger

3 minutes ago, IamMe90 said:

Every report I've seen consistently mentions that Leonard wants to play in LA, including those reports made after LA's acquisition of LeBron. I wouldn't put much stock into rumors that he doesn't want to play with LeBron (even if it's somewhat true, I think his motivations for wanting to play in LA greatly dwarf whatever concerns he has about that). 

Personally, I think he balls out this year, barring injury. He's going to want to ensure at all costs that the Lakers actually want to acquire him in free agency next year and also get the best value he can get. That will not happen if he doesn't make an effort. 

But, who knows. The dude clearly has issues, so he may not make the rational move.

Yeah, there's no question he wants to play in LA but the Clippers are always an option. Like everything with Kawhi it's unclear wtf he actually wants. 

25 minutes ago, Jaimstoyevesky said:

Yeah, there's no question he wants to play in LA but the Clippers are always an option. Like everything with Kawhi it's unclear wtf he actually wants. 

Have you ever heard him speak? I honestly can only recall him speaking once. Steven Jackson said he was the most reserved person he’s ever met. When they would get food after practice, he would give no input on where they should go and often wouldn’t say much of anything during the meal.

2 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Have you ever heard him speak? I honestly can only recall him speaking once. Steven Jackson said he was the most reserved person he’s ever met. When they would get food after practice, he would give no input on where they should go and often wouldn’t say much of anything during the meal.

That's one time more than I have. He's like the Jared Kushner of the NBA.

1 hour ago, Jaimstoyevesky said:

Shams is usually pretty plugged in and he was the guy pushing the "Kawhi may not want to play with LeBron" narrative.  Frankly, given that it seems Kawhi wants to be treated like a star, he probably doesn't want to go play second fiddle to LeBron.

5 hours ago, Slurktan said:

He's not going to forfeit his salary which is what would happen in that scenario lol. 

I'm sure he'll make it clear if he wants out but they won't trade him yet.  Why?  Because the Lakers have a new GM who likes making forced drastic trades in the middle of a season if things aren't going the way he likes them to go.  If the Lakers aren't doing particularly well LeBron will force them to try and trade for Kawhi.  

im just telling you what i read on bleacherreport, lol. Ive no idea what the fuck Kawhi is thinking. To be honest, i really really dislike him right now. 

1 hour ago, Relic said:

im just telling you what i read on bleacherreport, lol. Ive no idea what the fuck Kawhi is thinking. To be honest, i really really dislike him right now. 

Same. I mean hiding from your team, what are you, 12?

Same here. I normally side with the player, but I can’t on this one. Maybe if he had several years left on the deal, but come on, it’s one year. Ball out and get your money next year. If I was a GM, this would make me nervous about offering him a 4 year max deal because he’s already apparently stabbed the classiest organization in sports and the best coach ever in the back.

31 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Same here. I normally side with the player, but I can’t on this one. Maybe if he had several years left on the deal, but come on, it’s one year. Ball out and get your money next year. If I was a GM, this would make me nervous about offering him a 4 year max deal because he’s already apparently stabbed the classiest organization in sports and the best coach ever in the back.

I'm not saying Kawhi should base business decisions around someone else's tragedy, but he really didn't have to handle his business in such an immature and douchey fashion, especially in the wake of Erin Pop's passing. 

Fuck him. 

8 minutes ago, Relic said:

I'm not saying Kawhi should base business decisions around someone else's tragedy, but he really didn't have to handle his business in such an immature and douchey fashion, especially in the wake of Erin Pop's passing. 

Fuck him. 

Yeah, that only magnifies his skulduggery. 

Woj bomb just came in on my watch...

Carmelo to be traded from Thunder to Hawks and is expected to be waived.  Then will sign with team of his choice.

Translation:  Carmelo is going to be a Laker.

18 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Carmelo to be traded from Thunder to Hawks and is expected to be waived.  Then will sign with team of his choice.

Rockets, Lakers and the Heat are the short list, with Houston being the front runner. Odd acquisition for the Thunder. I wonder if they’re going to play Schroder alongside Russ.  Those two along with Roberson, George and Adams could be a good lineup, albeit one that can’t shoot a lick outside of PG.

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

Yeh gawds I hope not.

I tried to find the article to link here, but I couldn't. So the next best thing is posting the podcast I heard it from. Check out the first 15 minutes or so. They talk about some of Kawhi's past and mannerisms. He's a very unusual guy on top of the silence.

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=24139803

16 minutes ago, briantw said:

Man, that Lakers roster is really going to be something.  No idea what, but no whiteboard in the locker room will be safe from LeBron's wrath.

Lol, it seems like the Lakers are hellbent on scooping up as many of the league's knuckle heads as possible. 

Archived