More Things Star Wars

Jaxom 1974

7 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

The Dark Horse comics where thrown out of the official continuity with the rest of the old EU.

I thought it was dark horse who published the comics that were supposed to be the unfilled scripts for the final clone wars stories? In which case they should have been canon? 

These http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Clone_Wars_Legacy

Although that article claims the new material follows from legacy so I may need to dig them up or read summaries prior to the new episodes coming out.

Shame they aren't animated those too for the sake of completion.

On 7/20/2018 at 12:00 PM, Lord Sidious said:

His ability with a lightsaber has been pretty rubbish so far, he’d not last two minutes in a duel against the likes of Obi Wan or Ashoka, probably about 2 seconds against Sidious,Yoda or Anakin, he’s a petulant, emotional wreck, without the ability in the Force to back it up with, as demonstrated when an astral projection of Luke made him look stupid in front of his troops. I stand by my stance that he’s an embarrassment to the Dark Side.

He's actually a perfect avatar for the spoiled and abusive fanboys who've rendered so many parts of nerdy fandom as toxic. Art imitates life!

1 hour ago, DanteGabriel said:

He's actually a perfect avatar for the spoiled and abusive fanboys who've rendered so many parts of nerdy fandom as toxic. Art imitates life!

Yes. But Poe also fits the description...

14 hours ago, red snow said:

Was this covered by the dark horse comics it is this going to be another classic case of comic continuations are only canon until someone makes another TV show or film?

It's skipping over the parts that have been covered by comics and just doing the actual end of the clone wars - Anakin and OBW teaming up with Ahsoka and Bo Katan to retake Mandalore from Maul that transitions directly into the start of RotS (and probably the start of the Ahsoka novel). It's only been covered by Filoni giving a verbal outline of the plan and from memory it seemed pretty clear he viewed it as his story to tell.

Well, I'm happy, but a little miffed too. Just recently I spent about three weeks rewatching the whole thing in the "official" chronological order and fixing all of the glaring continuity errors in that (the 2nd and 3rd seasons are a mess) as well as reordering arcs in the 5th and 6th season around a bit to put the Maul and Ashoka final storylines nearer the end to make a more satisfying finale for the whole thing (disregarding all other media of course). Ah well, at least everything before season 5 is still good, but if they do a satisfying job of wrapping it up I can drop all of the reshuffling at the end.

12 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

Very true!, I’d not thought of it like that but the analogy is perfect.

Official cast list announced.

All the main actors from the previous 2 movies will return.

As to Carrie Fisher:

The role of Leia Organa will once again be played by Carrie Fisher, using previously unreleased footage shot for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. “We desperately loved Carrie Fisher,” says Abrams. “Finding a truly satisfying conclusion to the Skywalker saga without her eluded us. We were never going to recast, or use a CG character. With the support and blessing from her daughter, Billie, we have found a way to honor Carrie’s legacy and role as Leia in Episode IX by using unseen footage we shot together in Episode VII.”

Billy Dee Williams confirmed to reprise his role as Lando.

Besides Keri Russell, two other additions are Naomi Ackie and Richard E. Grant. Still no word on who the newcomers will play. Shooting start next week.

1 hour ago, Corvinus said:

As to Carrie Fisher:

Besides Keri Russell, two other additions are Naomi Ackie and Richard E. Grant. Still no word on who the newcomers will play. Shooting start next week.

I read an article and can't believe I didn't connect the dots before, as I am sure everyone else did. How Ep 7 was for Han, Ep 8 was Luke and Ep 9 was supposed to be Leias'. I mean I knew the movies were focused like that but I had a brainfart and didn't realize that was the plan, to honor each one, and likely kill each one off in the movie centered around them. Seemed like Leia had a pretty big role in each so maybe that thew me off. Before this thread was started I really didn't dig into the movies other than just to watch them as they came out so maybe that's my excuse.

7 hours ago, Corvinus said:

As to Carrie Fisher:

Richard E Grant?, awesome :D, balls to the First Order, I shall buy this Star Destroyer and put a fucking jukebox in here!.

Shame Benicio del Toro doesn't seem to be coming back - I liked his character. Whatever my reservations about the subplot he was stuck in, I think he did the best acting in the new trilogy along with Adam Driver. 

5 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Richard E Grant?, awesome :D, balls to the First Order, I shall buy this Star Destroyer and put a fucking jukebox in here!.

And Kerri Russell is more than welcome too. It would be nice to see a strong female villain in the star wars films and she could do this with ease. Shame they couldn't bring her husband along although I'm such big fans of them both I'd be wanting them to have more than a one film role in star wars. Although I guess Disney hasn't ruled out spinning more films out from the 7-9 cast. Maybe more likely after the solo incident.

So I guess Phasma really died? No Darth Maul switcheroo "AHA!" I survived?

I was kind of hoping they'd fulfill on the promise of her badassery. The character was treated in a pretty meh fashion thus far.

Archived