More Things Star Wars

Jaxom 1974

10 minutes ago, Mosi Mynn said:

Actually that explanation really appeals to me and makes me not need Rey to be a Skywalker either!  Maybe the Force needs her to end the Skywalkers.

Now that would make the end of the Skywalker saga seem very final! Especially as I guess leia will sadly die in this film (it seems hard to explain her absence otherwise)

Let's see what JJ and Disney think

On 7/31/2018 at 1:13 PM, Leofric said:

Most Jedi don't have families, the Jedi appear to be monastic type order, which was why Anakin was hiding his relationship with Padme.   Most future Jedi are taken from their families at a very young age and raised without attachments.    Parents , wives, and children would tend to cause strong emotions, which the Jedi assume would eventually lead to the Dark Side.   That's why Yoda and Windu all thought Anakin was too old to train, because he already spent too long with his mother and was too emotional.

Keep in mind that it is canonical that Jedi are total ho-bags and sleep around all the time. As long as they don't care about it, it's totally fine. 

On 8/1/2018 at 9:09 AM, Corvinus said:

Well if Leia is to be killed off in IX, that can only happen off screen, since all her scenes will be TFA unreleased footage, and they said they're not going to do a CGI Leia.

They could just use tight shots and say she is on a ship that then gets exploded. 

2 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Well they were able to use footage from OG Star Wars to put the pilots into R1 and I thought that worked brilliantly and was way better then Tarkin, so I am hopeful.

Agreed.

CGI Tarkin and Leia freaked me out.  

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

I love it. *shrug*

The ships look terrific. Characters look cel-shaded. Which, I guess, maybe they are. But it looks janky to me as far as the characters go.

I thought the animation style was pretty good and while it's a departure from clone wars the way the characters moved was still similar eg that kid ran a lot like ezra did in rebels. Hard to get much of the story and characters in 1 minute.

It's 3D animation they've basically stylised to look like more traditional animation (as it's way more economical than making it as an actual traditional animation). The hybrid effect is a bit weird. It feels like it should be one or the other.

I was sceptical of the more cartoony, less realistic style used for Rebels and ended up liking it a lot, so I'll give it a whirl, but this does look like a much larger jump in the animation being stylised. I agree it also looks a bit cheap and low-budget, when it probably isn't.

Archived