More Things Star Wars

Jaxom 1974

15 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Marvel fired Chuck Wendig from the new Star Wars comic series he was doing for them, apparently for political reasons, after Lucasfilm had given him their support for the work he'd been doing for them elsewhere.

Very unpleasant and bizarre. Although I didn't rate Wendig's first Star Wars novel, that was down to the quality of the writing, not anything else, and the abuse, doxxing, SWATting and other things he suffered are clearly completely unacceptable.

Whoa. I don't like his writing or his well you don;t like my Star Wars book cause I put gays in it excuse, but outside of that he seemed like a real cool guy who didn't take shit from alt right trolls.  This recent trend of Disney caving to social media pressure is disturbing.

2 hours ago, Werthead said:

Marvel fired Chuck Wendig from the new Star Wars comic series he was doing for them, apparently for political reasons, after Lucasfilm had given him their support for the work he'd been doing for them elsewhere.

Very unpleasant and bizarre. Although I didn't rate Wendig's first Star Wars novel, that was down to the quality of the writing, not anything else, and the abuse, doxxing, SWATting and other things he suffered are clearly completely unacceptable.

I thought his Star Wars books were poorly written garbage but all the "fan" uproar that came with it as you describe was and is disgusting.  And then to be fired for nothing work related at all is really upsetting.  I'd hope there is a legal recourse he could take against them because that is straight bullshit.

40 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

I thought his Star Wars books were poorly written garbage but all the "fan" uproar that came with it as you describe was and is disgusting.  And then to be fired for nothing work related at all is really upsetting.  I'd hope there is a legal recourse he could take against them because that is straight bullshit.

Right? I’m already seeing a huge pushback at marvel over this on social media. The comics branch of Marvel lately has been...not run well. 

7 hours ago, Slurktan said:

He was a freelancer, so legal recourse is likely to be difficult.

I'm not sure we can realistically expect better from Marvel's comics division, after they appointed as EIC a guy who decided that impersonating an Asian person to get work was a smart move.

So not sure why but this just popped up an hour ago in my youtube recommends thing.  Poor video/audio quality but whatever.  Apparently the person put this on youtube just this month so....

I certainly have never seen it before and I'm curious if any of you have.  Now granted Empire was, is, and always will be my favourite movie but I still found this pretty fascinating.  For example, I've seen a lot of "making of" stuff about the classic trilogy and I'm sure parts were taken from this but I certainly have never seen the footage of the poor guy walking on almost stilts in the wampa suit in a blizzard on top of a glacier.  Great stuff I think.

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Just bumping up the thread to stop any Star Wars chat over taking a precious Xmen conversation.

Haha.

I was just going to say the ST has given me a newfound interest in the PT.

For all the "real sets, real props" stuff, the ST 's often had trouble "feeling like Star Wars". The PT has the same problem, but in a different way.

3 hours ago, Davrum said:

Haha.

I was just going to say the ST has given me a newfound interest in the PT.

For all the "real sets, real props" stuff, the ST 's often had trouble "feeling like Star Wars". The PT has the same problem, but in a different way.

I think it shows how unloved the new movies are that people are looking back at the prequels with nostalgia. However it must be stated over and over again so that future generations never forget:

The Star Wars prequels are some of the biggest crimes against film making ever made. Never forget.

29 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Ha yes. Although the I don't think those affecting the RT score were Russian. 

Probably not, but obviously you didn't read the article. The Last Jedi was just another place where Russians attempts to cause cultural fracture in the US via exploiting alt-right and racist/sexist tendencies. 

I'm sure that TLJ wasn't as universally loved as some of the other movies. The notion that it is the worst thing to ever hit the universe is obviously facile bullshit, and most of the "OMG the internet hates it" is populated by a very noisy, clownshoes minority.

28 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Ha yes. Although the I don't think those affecting the RT score were Russian. 

You should know that for some reason people need to classify anyone who doesn t like the last jedi as trolls, obecessive nerds, white spremacists or whatever.

Nowadays these people like to atack who is speaking instead of seriously analising what is being said. For them everything is right in the world and only crazy people would opose what they think is right. Then accidents like trump, brexit, right wing extremists, Bolsonaro, etc... happen and these people don t understan why…

6 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Probably not, but obviously you didn't read the article. The Last Jedi was just another place where Russians attempts to cause cultural fracture in the US via exploiting alt-right and racist/sexist tendencies. 

I'm sure that TLJ wasn't as universally loved as some of the other movies. The notion that it is the worst thing to ever hit the universe is obviously facile bullshit, and most of the "OMG the internet hates it" is populated by a very noisy, clownshoes minority.

I haven t read the article but very few of the major flaws and problems people see in tlj are about alt right or racist tendencies… However that was the excuse some people came up with why the film isn t liked so it must be spread...

Talking about the continuity errors with tfa, how people simply didn t like luke's story, how badly snoke was explored/explained, the badd race arc, the conflict within the rebels could easily been avoided, that there wasn t a single light saber fight and several other things simply dont matter… those damn russians are trying to ruin star wars! lol...

5 minutes ago, divica said:

I haven t read the article but very few of the major flaws and problems people see in tlj are about alt right or racist tendencies… However that was the excuse some people came up with why the film isn t liked so it must be spread...

If you didn't read the article, why are you explaining to me what the article doesn't say?

Talking about the continuity errors with tfa, how people simply didn t like luke's story, how badly snoke was explored/explained, the badd race arc, the conflict within the rebels could easily been avoided, that there wasn t a single light saber fight and several other things simply dont matter… those damn russians are trying to ruin star wars! lol...

And all of those are fine, they're just not particularly universal or the dealbreakers that people think they are. Again, a very noisy set of clownshoe minority viewers.

And yes, they were amplified by Russian trolls. 

Another 61 accounts studied appeared to be motivated by political agendas. Many railed against “social justice warriors,” a pejorative term that refers to people who promote equality of gender, racial, and sexual orientation. Separately, one of the stars of the film, Asian-American actress Kelly Marie Tran, quit Instagram because of bullying earlier this year.

Just now, Kalbear said:

If you didn't read the article, why are you explaining to me what the article doesn't say?

And all of those are fine, they're just not particularly universal or the dealbreakers that people think they are. Again, a very noisy set of clownshoe minority viewers.

And yes, they were amplified by Russian trolls. 

You are the one that said that the article talks about russians used alt right tendecies and racismo to influence people to not like the tlj. And for me it isn t true, there are plenty of rational reason to dislike the movie.

Any of those reasons is much more universal than disliking the movie for alt right or racism tendencies. There isn t an universal problem in the fandom in that área… That is fake propaganda...

However, nearly all the people that don t like the movie dislike it for some of the reasons I told you. I am not saying that all the people dislike what I said. Just that the movie has so many problems that people can easily find reasons reasons for disliking the movie. Like some dislike it because of continuity errors, others dislike it because of luke's arc, other dislike it because of how it handled snoke, etc... And when you add all these people you have a ton of people that dislike the movie for valid reasons.

So when people want to sell that russian hackers spread the hate for tlj with alt right and racist tendencies and that all the hate over the movie is fake I think they are living in a fantasy world or that for some reason they can t accpet how flawed the movie is… 

1 minute ago, divica said:

You are the one that said that the article talks about russians used alt right tendecies and racismo to influence people to not like the tlj. And for me it isn t true, there are plenty of rational reason to dislike the movie.

There are, but that isn't what the article is about, and it is quite clear in pointing out that a lot of the vitriol has nothing to do with your supposed issues.

Any of those reasons is much more universal than disliking the movie for alt right or racism tendencies. There isn t an universal problem in the fandom in that área… That is fake propaganda...

It's real. Fandom of all flavors is rife with horrible people. The majority of those examples above were either people promoting racism/sexism bullshit or Russian trolls doing the same thing. That is a problem. Ignoring it won't make it go away. 

However, nearly all the people that don t like the movie dislike it for some of the reasons I told you.

Source? Because I have a good source indicating that you're quite frankly full of shit. 

I am not saying that all the people dislike what I said. Just that the movie has so many problems that people can easily find reasons reasons for disliking the movie. Like some dislike it because of continuity errors, others dislike it because of luke's arc, other dislike it because of how it handled snoke, etc... And when you add all these people you have a ton of people that dislike the movie for valid reasons.

Source? Because YOU disliking it for those misspelled reasons does not make it that many others do.

So when people want to sell that russian hackers spread the hate for tlj with alt right and racist tendencies and that all the hate over the movie is fake I think they are living in a fantasy world or that for some reason they can t accpet how flawed the movie is… 

Again, this is an actual study. If you have studies pointing out otherwise, find them. Otherwise you are continuing to be full of shit.

Archived