Jaxom 1974

More Things Star Wars

Query: There was a long form article someone posted on the boards once upon a time.  It talked about the film making process of the first six films.  It was a comparison of the movies being a mirror image of each other in the process...I cannot remember its name.  

Essentially TPM was mirroring ROTJ, Clones mirrored Empire, and ANH and Revenge of the Sith were mirror images of each other.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?  My Google Fu isn't helping.

2 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

It does. But googling Star Wars these days is a dangerous thing, so I'll let someone else dive into that dumpster fire.

It's a hell of a thing, isn't it?  

But I know what you mean and why I'm asking here rather than continuing to Google randomly...

4 hours ago, Rakib Altinin 1974 said:

Query: There was a long form article someone posted on the boards once upon a time.  It talked about the film making process of the first six films.  It was a comparison of the movies being a mirror image of each other in the process...I cannot remember its name.  

Essentially TPM was mirroring ROTJ, Clones mirrored Empire, and ANH and Revenge of the Sith were mirror images of each other.

Star Wars Ring Theory

7 hours ago, Rakib Altinin 1974 said:

http://www.starwarsringtheory.com/

Yes! A simple and elegant name for a less than simple or elegant read.  

Yep. Ring theory is a fascinating read.

So apparently Keri Russell cast in Episode IX. I remember wondering when JJ got involved with Star Wars if he was going to cast any of his former leading ladies. Looks like he is going with Felicity over Alias.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, lady narcissa said:

So apparently Keri Russell cast in Episode IX. I remember wondering when JJ got involved with Star Wars if he was going to cast any of his former leading ladies. Looks like he is going with Felicity over Alias.

I only know Russell from The Americans but this news makes me very happy

eta: ha, just remembered some of the crazy casting rumours that circled round about episode 7 before we got any promo stuff. Heh

Edited by HelenaExMachina

I really hope Keri Russell wasn't cast to be Rey's mother. 

1 minute ago, Darth Richard II said:

Isn’t she way young to be Rey’s mom?

Keri Russell is 42. Not really an issue.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

That would make her 16 when Rey was born.

Per the wikis, Rey is born in 15 ABY and TLJ takes place in 34 ABY, so in fact Russel's character -- _if_ she's the same age as Russell, which is not a given -- would have been 22 when Rey was born. (Why did you assume Rey is the same age as Daisy Ridley?)

Edited by Switzeran