If littlefinger is aligned with the Iron bank

Frey Kings

If the Iron Bank is eager to collect  the debt of all the Houses and not just the Crown itself immediately. Then a path of invasion through the fingers of the Vale makes perfect sense of entrance (mimicking the Andal's invasion). But we all know the Iron Bank doesn't have a army. It uses sellswords and funds rivals to get their money back. 

So how does the Iron Bank get their money back as quick as possible without occupying and risking a united westeros to chase them off?

I think the Author can make up and insert some more random Braavosi and other Free Cities' merchants armies and add in whatever sell swords are left and combine their total strength together to carry out the Iron Bank plans of a effective invasion of Westeros through the landing in the fingers thanks to LF. Maybe get some Ibenese to go to the Northern parts since they are likely to have enough good ships since they are a whaling people and are accustomed to the cold.

The Iron Bank will forgive and/or significant reduce  the debt if the Vale lords join in their conquest. LF might persuade the more resistant lords by holding a important family member or kill off the heir and have their ideal candidate rule.

The Iron Bank methods:

The Iron Bank doesn't believe in Slavery but the Author likes to leave out some details. The Iron Bank will either install their preferred puppets (insert Tyrek Lannister as LP of the Westerlands) and/or hold important family members hostage so there will be little to no blood shed while they seize important resources throughout Westeros.... Ships, Gold, Natural Resources, Timber, Wine, Valyrian steel etc. Remember they consider the entire 7k part of the crown, it doesn't matter who is currently rebelling.

What about the High Sparrow?

So as the Iron Bank recoup their loses, this leaves the religious fanatics like the High Sparrow with a strong following and armed men throughout the kingdoms. I think the Iron Bank would've struck a deal which will give these religious fanatics even more power and make the ruling houses of Westeros more zealous. And for the cherry on top... the promise of loans and invasion into the North, Beyond the wall and the Iron Isles to finally convert the infidels to the faith of the Seven.

Stannis/NW/Grejoys

I don't know what contract was struck with Stannis and the NW with the the Iron Bank but it'll be more than just resources, Stannis will likely agreed to some terms of a) inviting them into Westerosi decision making once he became King b) Making the High Sparrow happy enough to align with the Iron Bank. Just in case Stannis ends up winning.

What does LF get? more power & more titles. But of course with LF, that is not enough. 

But to end this thread. The Iron bank has insured themselves and their investors, they will reincorporate their loses and hedged themselves in a win/win NO MATTER what the outcome is.

***I forgot to include the invasion force of the Braavosi Iron Bank invasion force will also include their investors as well. So they will probably have enough men power along with the Vale Lords to recuperate their debt + more. 

****I am also not ruling out running the important port cities / commercial hubs as well until their debt is completely paid off. LF was said to ran Gulltown well. And Not occupying castles or strongholds like the Golden Company is.

As for the Golden Company, they could use fAegon as their puppet King just as long enough to recover their debt and they will vanish into thin air.

Do you think we will see some sort of Iron bank invasion?

As far as I know the only outfit in Westeros that the Iron Bank has a problem with at this time is the Crown.  They are already exerting pressure, and supporting a rival claimant in the form of Stannis.  Also, Harys Swyft is going to Braavos to negotiate.

If the Iron Bank takes over anything, it would be sources of revenue such as Customs Houses or mints.  No real need to go any further.

I recommend an old American film called The Dogs of War.  The Iron Bank wants to buy the Iron Throne for whoever will pay them back their money.  They don't care which side wins and who sits on the Iron Throne.  They just want their money back and then some interest.  

Archived