Vacations Destinations

Jace, Extat

First off, apologize to the great city of Miami! Second, while there have been many great suggestions, none are correct for @Jace, Basilissa.  There is a place that is:

• Price friendly
  • Tropical
  • Island
  • Caribbean
  • Known for its :pimp:

Jace should go to Jamaica!

On 7/7/2018 at 5:19 PM, Jace, Basilissa said:

I'd never been to an island or anyplace real tropical (fuck Miami) before, and I fell in such love with the scenery and unique activities that I'm going to start planning another vacation immediately. Probably aiming for late August or maybe October, anyone got any inside info on great island getaways they'd like to share? 

I've heard great things about the Florida Keyes, but I'm open to the board's wisdom. 

I figured this could double as a great vacation story thread. 

I am stretching this thin... Kelly Island would be perfect for you especially in October, less crowded. It's an island, no snorkling, well I guess you could but Lake Erie isn't known for it's crystal waters, there is a state park on it so hiking is there and if you count walking from bar to bar as hiking then you are good! They do have an adult halloween contest in October (had to look that up)!

Best part is you could take the jet express back to the main shore then a short drive for a Cleveland Browns game!

9 hours ago, dbunting said:

I am stretching this thin... Kelly Island would be perfect for you especially in October, less crowded. It's an island, no snorkling, well I guess you could but Lake Erie isn't known for it's crystal waters, there is a state park on it so hiking is there and if you count walking from bar to bar as hiking then you are good! They do have an adult halloween contest in October (had to look that up)!

Best part is you could take the jet express back to the main shore then a short drive for a Cleveland Browns game!

Did you say Cleveland Browns? Oh, bite your tongue, young man! It's only 200 miles to Pittsburgh and at least she will see someone WIN! :D 

Kelley's Island is really nice. Cedar Point is right there, too. 

On 7/10/2018 at 9:21 PM, James Arryn said:

Did Siem Riep last year as part of my 5 month Asia swing. Angkor Wat is HUGE. Think of your scale for manmade things and multiply it by a kazillion. Also, I was there on the edges of storm season, which most of the time meant like 1-2 heavy falls a day but otherwise beautiful, but my last 4 day’s in SR it literally never stopped, and I mean HEAVY rain, like basically a solid outside. But generally loved it, behind only Kyoto on my whole Asia swing...Kuching was pretty cool, too.

Oh, and the bug restaurant was interesting.  

My dad was in Vietnam and Cambodia and he said it would rain for weeks or months non-stop. 

Eventually I'll get there. :)  But yeah, Angkor Wat is at the top of the to-do list!

Been to a few places in the Caribbean - Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Puerto Rico (x2), and the Florida Keys.  I enjoyed all of them, but I didn't like any of them as much as I liked Thailand.  For an American, Thailand is a big trip and I really don't know if I'll ever get a chance to go back there considering all the other places I want to check out, but I had a great time there.  Good diving, really good food, good mix of nightlife and beach life, people were pretty friendly. 

But the next time I do a beachy vacation I'm leaning towards Mexico.  Baja if possible but I'm cool w/ the Yucatan and seeing all the Mayan shit.  Mexico's not too bad of a hop from Austin / San Antonio.  

Archived