The Queen of Ashes foreshadowing

Juligen

35 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Well, that wasn't the intention of the remark. 

Stoopid -- and so very Very VERY much of it -- ruined any enjoyment of this program.  Not to mention spending entire full 10 - 11 minutes of detailed torture and humiliation and degredation over and Over and OVER.  Just coz they thought it looked good on the screen it wasn't good and it was a mistake, which overall cheapened and hurt the narrative and characters up to the incomprehensibility.

Ruined enjoyment of the program for you.  But clearly not for millions of others.  Remember, the casual fans are always the primary target audience for both the book and TV, as they make the up the vast majority readers/watchers.

How long a building stands during a House's tenure could be a metric for how well that family served the realm. If the kings are supposed to build/improve Westeros, they should have something that future generations can benefit from, even if it's aesthetic. That's why KL burning might send a message that this House, in the long run, are known for destroying, not building.

Summerhall: 71 years

Winterfell: 8,000 years

----------

Sept of Remembrance: 41 years

The Wall: 8,000 years

----------

Kings Landing: 300 years

*literally any other castle in Westeros*

• 1 month later...
On 7/8/2018 at 3:05 AM, BalerionTheCat said:

IIRC, GRRM said there were 2 threats to Westeros, the Ice from the North and the Fire from the East.

In the House of the Undying, Daenerys has a vision of her father:

And in S7 E5, Daenerys commanding over a field of ashes and charred men strongly reminds me of that quote.

I still think someone will burn KL by accident when they forget that there is wild fire stashed everywhere

On 7/8/2018 at 5:05 AM, Juligen said:

S1 E10  Dany decides to kill Khal Drogo and burn his body next to her dragon eggs. She lays next to him and promises to reunite with him one day "When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east". The next scene happens in Kings Landing with Maester Pyrcelle and Ross in his room; he is remembering the Mad King and what likeable and charming man he used to be in his youth, before madness took over him.

>“Aerys Targaryen, of all the thousands and thousands maladies, the Gods visits us, madness is the worst. He was a good man, such a charmer. To watch him melt away before my eyes, consumed with dreams of Fire and Blood

First, let me say excellent job.

About the quote above... I rewatched this episode a few days ago and that Pyrcelle’s scene is so disjointed from the rest of it that I kept wondering what its purpose might have been...

My thought was it foreshadowed Cersei blowing up the temple in 6x10 and killing him (the beginning of that episode with Pyrcelle and the girl and then him getting dressed “rhymes” with that scene from 1x10).

But at the end of day, the fact is that there’s going to be a showdown between Cersei and Daenerys and that the parallels between the two of them are pretty heavy.

So I’d say it foreshadowed them both.

On 3/21/2019 at 12:31 AM, Rose of Red Lake said:

As bad as... any other person starting an unnecessary war for the throne? Sure. That's her comparison group. So within that, women who work their way to the top, even if its a questionable path, suddenly give up because they're pregnant is even worse lol

But this is logical for the Dany's story. She thought for many years that she was barren. The news of pregnancy can change her way of thinking. She will become more cautious and afraid to go into battle. Unless you ride the dragon you cannot be the queen of ashes.

Archived