MMA & Boxing 20: D.C. Stands For "Double Champ"

KiDisaster

I had Fury winning 115-111. And surprisingly it was a good fight. I honestly never saw recovery like that. It's like an alarm rung in his head saying wake up you're late and boom he got up on his feet and actually won the rest of that round in my opinion. Wilder's attitude after the fight says it all, he knew he lost but they gifted him a draw, then "shamefully" said he believes he won the fight because of his 2 knockdown? Wow.. 

Really happy for Gvozdyk. He too was about to get robbed on the card but thankfully KOed Stevenson. No matter how I feel about certain fighters sometimes I never want to see them end up in the hospital and badly hurt, except for one exception and it's Stevenson. He left the arena on a stretcher and has been induced in an artificial coma to help reduce the swelling on his brain. Some people might say "karma is a bitch". I would be one of them. 

Max Holloway is an absolute monster. He should definitely move up now. I would love to see him face Conor again, and they even brought it up after the fight. I recently rewatched their first one and I couldn’t even recognize that Max. Crazy how much better he is now.

Shevchenko dominates Joanna pretty easily.

Also the Santos-Manuwa fight was wild. Round 1 may be the round of the year.

Holloway is amazing. What's crazy is that Ortega's striking was actually really good- it just wasn't even close.
Ortega's corner and the ref really did him a disservice though, that fight should have been stopped at least three minutes earlier. And they were gonna send him back out for the final round!

Shev was just too strong for Jedrzejczyk. I think there are ways JJ can win a rematch if it happens but it requires a much more boring fight, her tap-and-moving her way into a lead and then drawing leads from Shevchenko to counter.

Two fantastic fights last weekend.

Santos vs Manuwa was plain phenomenal, so enjoyable.

The main fight between Holloway and Ortega was thoroughly excellent as well.

First time I've seen Holloway really being challenged and being driven to the limit. Incredible endurance on Ortega's part as well.

• 2 weeks later...

It is an absoulte fucking joke in every single way. Every other fighter plus all the fans who've booked flights and hotels are getting shafted, at Christmas, at less than a weeks notice because one man pissed hot but, despite a repeated history of this, deserves so much benefit of the doubt that they screw everyone else over to benefit him (yeah right).