MMA & Boxing 20: D.C. Stands For "Double Champ"

KiDisaster

I'm so glad that piece of shit lost, and in true MAGA fuckhead fashion of course he's whining about it and pretending he didn't blatantly poke Usman in the eye lol. 

It was one of the best fights of the year though, honestly. I'm incredibly bummed about Max :( 

58 minutes ago, KiDisaster said:

I'm incredibly bummed about Max :( 

I'm bummed about Max but at least it was Volk. Aldo to Max, Max to Volk, that's a chain I can live with. Also wild that a dude with a wrestling background has consecutively outstruck two of the greatest strikers in MMA history. He's such a smart fighter and that gym is on point.

• 1 month later...

MMA judging is shockingly bad. Reyes won that fight. 

49-46 is a fucking crime. When they announced that score I said 'holy shit he did it' because there's no way anyone could give Jones four rounds in that fight right? Nobody's that incompetent. Boy was I wrong. Apparently it was the same judge who Rogan and Cruz called out during an earlier fight for not even watching, and who fucked up several other decisions last night. 

I hope they're never allowed to judge an MMA fight again. The other judges were wrong too, but at least wrong within the realm of understanding. 

14 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

I had Reyes clearly winning the 3rd. It wasn’t a completely dominate round, but Jones got tagged with a lot more meaningful shots than Reyes despite stalking him the whole time. 2 judges had Jones winning that round though. Weak all around.

I didn't realize until now that more than one judge had given Jones round 2. I thought all three of them gave him 3,4,5 and only the one lunatic who scored it 49-46 gave him the second. 

That is wild. Reyes dominated the first two rounds. I don't understand judging in this sport. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well that was pretty brutal. I feel like Wilder’s corner should’ve stopped it much earlier as he was clearly out of it after the first knockdown. He took some big shots after that.

Props to Fury. I thought it was a mistake gaining those extra pounds and going for the knockout, but what do I know?

Called it!

Admittedly even I wasn't expecting that kind of absolute shitkicking.

And yeah, looked like Wilder took a blown eardrum early, but even before that he showed that he's far less dangerous if you can consistently force him backwards- he caught Fury with a flush right several times in the opening two rounds to no effect whatsoever.

21 minutes ago, Chad Vader said:

Out of the 19 rounds Fury and Wilder fought Fury won at least 15 of them, maybe more. Think the logical next fight is Fury Joshua.

He's won 17, and he dominated the two rounds he got dropped in apart from the two moments of innatention too. AJ next would be lovely.

But there is a rematch clause so we might see 3 first if Wilder exercises it.

6 hours ago, polishgenius said:

He's won 17, and he dominated the two rounds he got dropped in apart from the two moments of innatention too. AJ next would be lovely.

But there is a rematch clause so we might see 3 first if Wilder exercises it.

Wilders confidence needs some work. No way should he fight Fury next, might ruin him. He should have at least 2 fights with guys he can beat np before he fights for the title again. By then he could be waiting for the winner of Fury/AJ. 

4 hours ago, Chad Vader said:

Wilders confidence needs some work. No way should he fight Fury next, might ruin him. He should have at least 2 fights with guys he can beat np before he fights for the title again. By then he could be waiting for the winner of Fury/AJ. 

I don't think he should but since he's got three months to decide on a fight to be held by August (bizarre clause that, holding up Fury's career unless it doesn't hinge on Fury waiting) he may well have got enough swagger back in his walk to feel he should by then.

Anyway I wrote a little bit about the fight

37 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

I don't think he should but since he's got three months to decide on a fight to be held by August (bizarre clause that, holding up Fury's career unless it doesn't hinge on Fury waiting) he may well have got enough swagger back in his walk to feel he should by then.

Anyway I wrote a little bit about the fight

You sure, I read it was 30 days to decide. And I'm pretty sure i saw an interview where Fury said the same thing.