MMA & Boxing 20: D.C. Stands For "Double Champ"

KiDisaster

So Lomachenko lost! Lopez looked really good. A lot of solid body work throughout and a huge last round that he ended up not even needing... because boxing judges. Seriously, Julie Lederman had it 11-1. Like are you fucking kidding me? 

I don’t know what Loma’s game plan was, but his feeling out process lasted a good 6 rounds. He didn’t start to do anything until the 7th-8th rounds. He looked great when he did though and probably swept rounds 8-11. I assume there will be a rematch.

ETA: And Ortega looked phenomenal in his return. 

Edited by Ramsay B.

28 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

I assume there will be a rematch.

There's no clause, so there might not be.

Loma just couldn't get to grips with Lopez's timing in the first seven rounds. He knew what he needed to do, but he couldn't get past the first layer of defence, the jab and movement, and clearly never felt comfortable enough to grit his teeth and just force his way in, imo probably rightly.

Really looking forward to this fight card tomorrow. Looks like it’s going off early afternoon US time instead of prime time. I assume that’s due to Khabib’s popularity in other parts of the world, so putting it in prime time over there. 

I think Oliveira vs Rakhmonov is a super intriguing prelim. Don’t see that fight getting out of the second round. 

11 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Who is going to pay $64.99 for a 2 P.M. fight when you can’t ethically have a watch party? Though I suppose those willing probably also don’t care much about masks and social distancing.

I’m buying it to watch with my kid who loves UFC. Money well spent. 

15 hours ago, unJon said:

I’m buying it to watch with my kid who loves UFC. Money well spent. 

But even then you have a little fight party. I'm talking about by yourself. The cost just isn't worth it, especially if the main fight ends in 30 seconds.