MMA & Boxing 20: D.C. Stands For "Double Champ"

KiDisaster

13 hours ago, unJon said:

And he goes out on top. Won’t be surprised if he unretires next year for one last fight with GSP. 

I'd be very surprised. I'm not always a fan of his personality but he strikes me as someone that once he says something- especially once he publically promises his grieving mother- he sticks by it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Nictarion said:

This Edgar Berlanga kid is crazy. 16 fights, 16 1st round KO’s. 

It's crazy. Normally I pride myself as a nerdy cocky analyst type on being able to pick out a lot from quite a little about how certain things are gonna come into play in their future career from tiny things they show even in walkovers early on (Felix Verdejo continued to prove my early scepticism of him well-founded with his loss last night), but Berlanga's knocking people out so fast I've got nothing to go on.

Shakur Stevenson continues to win comfortably while by all accounts being really boring, Chris Colbert won a fun KO, and early in the UK Joshua won a comfortable but still worrying win over Kubrat Pulev.

Also crazy: Kevin Holland's KO of Jacare Souza in the UFC.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Chocolatito and Estrada gave us a classic, controversial decision (though I did think Estrada won, there was a 117-111 card that was rancid) but brilliant fight. Great to see Choco roll back the years a bit.

Also it's been mentioned in the RIP thread, but rest in peace Marvelous Marvin Hagler. What a don.

• 3 months later...
On 6/18/2021 at 8:12 AM, polishgenius said:

I don't wanna spam this thread too much, but I figured I'd post this, partly coz it's a culmination of a fun series my co-writers did and partrly coz reddit mods fucked its chances on there and it deserves at least some views...

Not a bad display of fisticuffs for a BJJ guy vs a Wrestler.

100% agree that it was the greatest UFC fight of all time.

• 3 months later...
41 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Anyone catch Usyk vs Joshua last night? What a performance.

I don’t really do ppv boxing anymore, there’s too much potential for it to last about a minute, but it sounded pretty bad for Joshua.

15 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Can we say now that Joshua is a bit of a fraud? 

Come on. He might be less good than some of the early expectations around him but fraud is ridiculous.

18 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

Come on. He might be less good than some of the early expectations around him but fraud is ridiculous.

He's been running from Wilder for three or four years now. He doesn't want anything to do with him or Fury.

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

He's been running from Wilder for three or four years now. He doesn't want anything to do with him or Fury.

Fighting Wilder would have been a stupid thing for him to do. There was no real upside for Joshua up to this point.

The big money fight for him was Fury and Fury is a massive dickhead so I think laying all the blame at Joshua’s door for it not coming together is a bit much.

2 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

Fighting Wilder would have been a stupid thing for him to do. There was no real upside for Joshua up to this point.

The big money fight for him was Fury and Fury is a massive dickhead so I think laying all the blame at Joshua’s door for it not coming together is a bit much.

Right. He's been running from them. Because he knows he's not the top heavyweight.

Archived