2018 Semi Finals - FRA vs BEL & ENG vs CRO

The better side won. England missed opportunities to get that 2nd goal in the first half which could have knocked the wind out of Croatia's sails. England were decidedly second best from the 2nd half onwards. 

France will be very happy about Croatia being taken to extra time for the 3rd game in a row. 

The Brexiters brought this on themselves.

I'm kind of hoping Croatia goes all the way, but would not be displeased with France. Either way, the trophy stays in the EU.

Really wonderful heart shown by Croatia. Just a heroic performance all round.

Given their brutal first two group stage games it seemed unlikely they would be the ones to finish the semi as the stronger side but they really made it look quite easy in the end.

3 minutes ago, Merufisu_Amekonda said:

God I'm so freaking happy just because it means all the English vanity and assholery can go screw itself

I hope Belgium will rekt them too so they are denied even the consolation price

The only people who give a shit about 3/4 is FIFA and the tv companies, the players couldn't give 2 shits.

5 minutes ago, GallowKnight said:

Fuck Yes! It’s not coming home!

On the contrary: the World Cup trophy is going home. To the country that created it. Unless Croatia can pull off something stunning, anyway.

I've got to say, in the first half Croatia looked the team that everyone expected England to beat, but in the second half they were a whole different team. By contrast, in the first half England looked organised and composed, but in the second half the shape started to go and that was it. They were left hoping for a moment of inspiration that never arrived.

So the third place playoff is the Belgium-England rematch, making it the second Belgium-England match in the tournament that neither side really wanted to play. France-Croatia for the final. No Brexit Final.

Croatia got their midfield and Periisic to click second half for the first time since the Group stages. They were a tad lucky as their goal could have been disallowed, but were probably the better side. If only Kane had taken his chance...

Pride restored for England. Any doubts over Southgate long banished, we have the right manager to take the team forward for the next decade. With the Euro U17 runners up, the U17, U20 World Champions and three times in a row Toulon Tournament winners still to come this is not the end this is just the beginning.

1 minute ago, I am Zlatan said:

we have the right manager to take the team forward for the next decade

But realistically, he'll be lucky to survive three years.

2 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Not saying Croatia doesn’t score if Hendo stays on but that was a really poor sub in hindsight. 

Sterling off too was the wrong choice. With the Croats overrunning our midfield, we needed a direct outball which Rashford didn’t provide.

Congrats Croatia! Rooting for you in the finale. 

About the little final not meaning much ... I cannot know what the Belgian players themselves think but they already said directly after the match they were going for third place. Being the first Belgian team getting the third place is better than being the second team reaching the semi's. They can only do better than history :devil::devil::devil: 

There's got to be a line about how it turns out the easy route to the final eventually led to the same place as the harder one, but I'm too tired to think of it.

England did better than I ever thought they would. They had a chance to put it away, but they lacked midfield creativity. Not the end of the world and nice to hear the England fans singing their support in the stadium after the loss. The less said about petty trolling by new posters, the better.

Edit: Or old posters.

Archived