2018 Semi Finals - FRA vs BEL & ENG vs CRO

3 minutes ago, baxusalah said:

It's the most despicable move I've seen in World Cup for as long as I can remember. Now I'm glad those assholes got knocked out.

Loads of teams have tried to do it this World Cup. There seems to have been some confusion about when teams are allowed to kick off after a goal so a lot of teams seem to think they can kick off whenever they want but none of them have actually been allowed to do it.

It's all a bit odd but if you can actually do it why wouldn't you?:dunno:

39 minutes ago, baxusalah said:

Pretty sure I'm not the only one who missed this completely while watching England vs Croatia semifinal.

In case you don't want to click a link not knowing what it is (perfectly understandable), it's a tweet containing a video of English players trying to score a goal while Croatian team (with Subasic being the only one in Croatian half) is celebrating scoring a goal.

It's the most despicable move I've seen in World Cup for as long as I can remember. Now I'm glad those assholes got knocked out.

Did you somehow fail to scroll down half a page and see when Panama tried to pull the exact same malarkey against England?

Or do you just have a terrible, terrible memory? :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Eusebio da Silva ljkeane said:

Loads of teams have tried to do it this World Cup. There seems to have been some confusion about when teams are allowed to kick off after a goal so a lot of teams seem to think they can kick off whenever they want but none of them have actually been allowed to do it.

It's all a bit odd but if you can actually do it why wouldn't you?:dunno:

Maybe because it's an asshole move that goes against everything sportsmanship and fair play stand for?

That would be enough for me.

As for loads of teams that have tried this, I must've missed those games. Hell, I may even have seen them and missed this happening, like I have when it happened in this match.

3 hours ago, Davrum said:

Did you somehow fail to scroll down half a page and see when Panama tried to pull the exact same malarkey against England?

Or do you just have a terrible, terrible memory? :rolleyes:

And how exactly does Panama doing the same thing make it any better?

I wasn't referring to the team-off-the-field thing. Hell, for all I know this may have been perfectly legal move, according to football rules. That still wouldn't make it any less of a dickhead move.

Call me old fashioned or naive or whatever, but I think that how you play the game is important.

3 hours ago, baxusalah said:

Maybe because it's an asshole move that goes against everything sportsmanship and fair play stand for?

Professional sports isn’t really about sportsmanship and fair play, it’s about winning. I bet it wouldn’t be hard to find dozens of examples of unsportsmanlike behaviour from both sides. 

Off the top of my head Lovren pretty clearly deliberately fouled people to stop breaks at least twice and the set piece moves everyone’s talking up for England are basically designed to subtly obstruct defenders.

On 7/13/2018 at 7:07 PM, Eusebio da Silva ljkeane said:

Professional sports isn’t really about sportsmanship and fair play, it’s about winning. I bet it wouldn’t be hard to find dozens of examples of unsportsmanlike behaviour from both sides. 

Off the top of my head Lovren pretty clearly deliberately fouled people to stop breaks at least twice and the set piece moves everyone’s talking up for England are basically designed to subtly obstruct defenders.

You know, that just might be part of the problem with professional sports now.

Once again, "someone else is doing it, too" doesn't work as an excuse in kindergarten so it won't work here either. ;) 

If you don't see a difference between fouling an opponent to stop breaks and trying to score a goal while the opponents are celebrating scoring their own, then there's hardly any point in trying to continue this discussion.

25 minutes ago, baxusalah said:

If you don't see a difference between fouling an opponent to stop breaks and trying to score a goal while the opponents are celebrating scoring their own, then there's hardly any point in trying to continue this discussion.

:lol: I do actually. Fouling someone to stop a break is worse than restarting the game when your opponents aren't ready (if it's within the rules), it's not your problem if they all want to run off and celebrate at the other end of the pitch. 

On 7/14/2018 at 1:41 AM, baxus said:

And how exactly does Panama doing the same thing make it any better?

Who was saying Panama doing it made it any better?

Archived