Justin Massey

Frey Kings

23 hours ago, MostlyMoody said:

The 'prancing fool' has his own ambitions. Even though his best bet is pocketing Stannis' gold and remaining in Braavos, he can't really do that unless he was travelling all alone. 

What's most likely is that Justin, much like his ancestors during Aegon's Conquest, will betray the Storm King and side with the Dragon. With the recent developments in the Stormlands, and the very likely blundering defeat of Mace the Ace at the hands of JonCon, I imagine the Iron Bank will realise that the side they should be betting for isn't Stannis who is trudging through snow on his last leg, but the so far very successful son of Rhaegar (at least as far as they know) intent on marching on KL and taking the throne.

So, with some persuasion Justin will likely lead the newly acquired sellswords to retake Stonedance for himself and join up with Aegon. Now this scenario requires for the Iron Bank to either: Break the contract (unlikely), or for Stannis to be dead (or at least thought to be dead). Either way I don't see twenty thousand sellswords landing in the north and reinforcing Stannis, mostly because that's what was announced to happen.

Now that's all background warfare/political stuff, the real reason he is there is to progress Arya's plot and deliver her to Westeros, likely to King's Landing, likely to kill Cersei. 

(Off-topic rant: It's not gonna be Tyrion who kills her. It's not gonna be Jaime - to poorly repeat Roberts Rebellion word for word, except this time it's a Mad Queen instead of a King hurr durr. Arya is the valonqar, because god knows she desperately needs to do something in the story. If the Prince that was Promised can be female so can Valonqar.)

This was all a bit off-topic but to answer the OP: Yes he will deliver, more than was asked, and not to the right person.

Unless the Iron Bank makes a contract with Aegon, there would not be any gold for Justin to perform that task.  They extended Stannis a line of credit, but anything Justin does in Bravos will be paid for directly by the bank, he doesn't have a huge chest of gold.

On 7/11/2018 at 2:57 PM, MostlyMoody said:

The 'prancing fool' has his own ambitions. Even though his best bet is pocketing Stannis' gold and remaining in Braavos, he can't really do that unless he was travelling all alone. 

What's most likely is that Justin, much like his ancestors during Aegon's Conquest, will betray the Storm King and side with the Dragon. With the recent developments in the Stormlands, and the very likely blundering defeat of Mace the Ace at the hands of JonCon, I imagine the Iron Bank will realise that the side they should be betting for isn't Stannis who is trudging through snow on his last leg, but the so far very successful son of Rhaegar (at least as far as they know) intent on marching on KL and taking the throne.

So, with some persuasion Justin will likely lead the newly acquired sellswords to retake Stonedance for himself and join up with Aegon. Now this scenario requires for the Iron Bank to either: Break the contract (unlikely), or for Stannis to be dead (or at least thought to be dead). Either way I don't see twenty thousand sellswords landing in the north and reinforcing Stannis, mostly because that's what was announced to happen.

I am not convinced, but your argument is very intriguing. 

On 7/10/2018 at 8:33 PM, Frey Kings said:

Do you think this ambitious young lad will deliver? 

No.  Someone else will make a better offer.  Magister or someone else will meet him and give him an offer that Stannis can't beat.

Archived