jaime will have a big role in bringing jon back to life if R + L = J

goldenlion

jaime always regretted not being able to save rhaegars kids so it would be fitting for jaime to have a role in bringing jon back to life and to go and serve him instead of cersei

He saw them too. They were armored all in snow, it seemed to him, and ribbons of mist swirled back from their shoulders. The visors of their helms were closed, but Jaime Lannister did not need to look upon their faces to know them. Five had been his brothers. Oswell Whent and Jon Darry. Lewyn Martell, a prince of Dorne. The White Bull, Gerold Hightower. Ser Arthur Dayne, Sword of the Morning. And beside them, crowned in mist and grief with his long hair streaming behind him, rode Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the Iron Throne. “You don’t frighten me,” he called, turning as they split to either side of him. He did not know which way to face. “I will fight you one by one or all together. But who is there for the wench to duel? She gets cross when you leave her out.” “I swore an oath to keep him safe,” she said to Rhaegar’s shade. “I swore a holy oath.” “We all swore oaths,” said Ser Arthur Dayne, so sadly. The shades dismounted from their ghostly horses. When they drew their longswords, it made not a sound. “He was going to burn the city,” Jaime said. “To leave Robert only ashes.” “He was your king,” said Darry. “You swore to keep him safe,” said Whent. “And the children, them as well,” said Prince Lewyn. Prince Rhaegar burned with a cold light, now white, now red, now dark. “I left my wife and children in your hands.” “I never thought he’d hurt them.” Jaime’s sword was burning less brightly now. “I was with the king . . .” “Killing the king,” said Ser Arthur. “Cutting his throat,” said Prince Lewyn. “The king you had sworn to die for,” said the White Bull.

and they would become friends given the parallels between them

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/2rgy2s/spoilers_all_jon_and_jaime_similarities_parallels/

3 minutes ago, goldenlion said:

jaime always regretted not being able to save rhaegars kids so it would be fitting for jaime to have a role in bringing jon back to life and to go and serve him instead of cersei

How would he do that? And how would one prove, in-universe, that Jon is a Targaryen, bastard or no? He has neither the looks nor the resistance to fire.

I also have a fleeting suspicion that Lady Stoneheart will just hang him.

@Angel Eyes

targaryens dont have a resistance to fire what happened with dany was a one time thing

fire burns all Targaryens. No Targaryen is inherently immune to fire. There's a lot of confusion about this, because of Dany's thing on the funeral pyre. But that was a one-time magical "perfect storm." It's not going to be repeated and it should not be taken to mean that she's immune to fire. She's actually been explicitly burned in the books since then.

1 minute ago, goldenlion said:

@Angel Eyes

targaryens dont have a resistance to fire what happened with dany was a one time thing

fire burns all Targaryens. No Targaryen is inherently immune to fire. There's a lot of confusion about this, because of Dany's thing on the funeral pyre. But that was a one-time magical "perfect storm." It's not going to be repeated and it should not be taken to mean that she's immune to fire. She's actually been explicitly burned in the books since then.

Not saying she's immune, per se, but it takes more. Resistance in this context is different from outright immunity.

If Jaime survives whatever Lady Stoneheart has planned for him (Red Wedding 2.0), I definitely think they will both meet at some point, but I don't think he will play a part in bringing him back to life.

Taking into account that Jaime is currently in the Riverlands, he would first have to get to the North either through the Neck or Moat Cailin, and then travel through the snowstorms all the way to the Wall. I imagine by then Jon will already be back. 

I could see this playing into if Lady Stoneheart gives Jon the kiss of life. It's a long shot, but if Jamie trying to flee from her takes them north or if she wants him to take the black, this could happen. 

30 minutes ago, EloImFizzy said:

If Jaime survives whatever Lady Stoneheart has planned for him (Red Wedding 2.0), I definitely think they will both meet at some point, but I don't think he will play a part in bringing him back to life.

Taking into account that Jaime is currently in the Riverlands, he would first have to get to the North either through the Neck or Moat Cailin, and then travel through the snowstorms all the way to the Wall. I imagine by then Jon will already be back. 

Do consider the disparate timelines. The last scene we saw of Jaime happened 2-3 months before Jon was killed. Whatever they are doing they will have to vanish from sight for a while before they intersect with another storyline. 

26 minutes ago, goldenlion said:

I can imagine that jaime uses stoneheart to bring jon back to life waking dragons from stone and stone referring to stoneheart

I like the symbolism of this with or without Jamie involved. Stoneheart will have to come a long way to do that though, and I do mean in her desire to sacrifice herself and not in distance, though that is also vast.

On 7/11/2018 at 7:42 PM, Makk said:

I think that Catelyn wants him to exchange his white cloak for a black as an exchange to free Jon from his nightwatch vows. 

Why? She hates Jon. She's always hated Jon. Besides, Jon is apparently dead. It doesn't compute.

On 7/11/2018 at 8:26 PM, Mooncalf said:

I could see this playing into if Lady Stoneheart gives Jon the kiss of life.

Like I said - she has always hated Jon.

23 hours ago, goldenlion said:

I can imagine that jaime uses stoneheart to bring jon back to life waking dragons from stone and stone referring to stoneheart

Jaime never gave a rat's fart for  Jon the bastard, either.

7 minutes ago, zandru said:

Why? She hates Jon. She's always hated Jon. Besides, Jon is apparently dead. It doesn't compute.

Like I said - she has always hated Jon.

Jaime never gave a rat's fart for  Jon the bastard, either.

Do you think she’ll hang him?

On 7/11/2018 at 9:58 PM, Angel Eyes said:

How would he do that? And how would one prove, in-universe, that Jon is a Targaryen, bastard or no? He has neither the looks nor the resistance to fire.

I also have a fleeting suspicion that Lady Stoneheart will just hang him.

Hang him for what ? Treason he didn't technically get to commit because he was murdered first ? 

On 7/12/2018 at 3:47 AM, Makk said:

Do consider the disparate timelines. The last scene we saw of Jaime happened 2-3 months before Jon was killed. Whatever they are doing they will have to vanish from sight for a while before they intersect with another storyline. 

Why 2 or 3 months? Jamie's chapter in ADwD is placed just before Jon's chapter in which Val returns with Tormund. The time between Tormund's return and Jon's assasination attempt shoud be quite short.

2 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

Do you think she’ll hang him?

Lady Stoneheart and Jon Snow are "a thousand leagues" apart. Do you mean Jaime Lannister? I think it's quite likely, in that Jaime failed in his vow to restore Sansa (and afterthought Arya) to Catelyn, and Stoneheart doesn't seem to listen to explanations. Perhaps Brienne realizes this, that they're both doomed if she takes Lannister back to the Stoneheart Brotherhood. I suspect Brienne is still too "noble" to consider reneging on her (second set of ) vows to "Catelyn Stark". So, if she doesn't have something else up her sleeve, the outcome will be very grim.

But not involving Jon Snow in any way.

On 7/12/2018 at 3:58 AM, Angel Eyes said:

And how would one prove, in-universe, that Jon is a Targaryen, bastard or no? He has neither the looks nor the resistance to fire.

I think, that when Jon was born, at the Tower of Joy there were other people - Ashara Dayne, wet nurse Wylla, and maester Marwyn. And Howland Reed also knows who was Jon's mother, and probably about his real father too. Could be that Howland's wife, Jyana Reed, is actually Ashara Dayne. Also could be, that maester Marwyn married Rhaegar and Lyanna (marwyn in Welsh means marry). And maybe there were witnesses at their wedding ceremony - Arthur and Ashara. And maybe they even signed documents, that confirm, that Rhaegar and Lyanna married. And those documents can be in archives at Citadel. Maybe Faceless Man/fake Pate was looking there for those documents.

Also maybe after Arthur's death, Ashara gave his sword Dawn to Jon. Because if Jon is Rhaegar's son, then he is 1/8 Dayne (his great great great grandmother was Dyanna Dayne; Rhaegar and Arthur were third cousins; Jon and Edric Dayne are fourth cousins).

If Dawn of Daynes is Azor Ahai's Lightbringer, if Jon is Azor Ahai, and if Dawn really can be wielded only by Daynes, then if Jon will be able to use that sword, then it will be the prove, that he is indeed Rhaegar's son. If he can wield Dawn, then he is partially Dayne. And for him to be partially Dayne, there's only two options - either he is Rhaegar's child, or he is Ashara's child. And if Ashara is alive, and she is Jyanna Reed, then she can confirm, that she is not Jon's mother. Thus Jon is Rhaegar's son. It can be confirmed by witnesses, documents, and by the magic sword. Maybe Dawn will burn whoever will try to wield it, if that person doesn't have Dayne blood.

It's a lot of ifs and maybes, though when Arthur Pendragon was able to draw Excalibur out of stone, no one was able to refute his claim, that he is the rightful ruler of Britain. Same with Jon, Dawn/Lighbringer and Westeros. Rightful and legitimate ruler of 7K, is son of Crown Prince Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone. Melisandre thought, that the promised Prince and Azor Ahai, and wielder of Lightbringer, is Stannis Baratheon. Because officially Stannis is Lord/Prince of Dragonstone. While actually, the real Lord/Prince of Dragonstone, is Jon Snow. That is, if he is Rhaegar's son.

So Dawn will prove Jon's identity. And no one can argue or rebuff a magic sword. So Jon's unTargaryen looks will mean nothing. Same as fAegon's Valyrian looks, will also mean nothing, the moment, when Dany's dragons will feel, that he is an imposter, and burn him.

Lightbringer and dragons - methods of in-universe parentage testing for Targaryens.

3 hours ago, zandru said:

Besides, Jon is apparently dead.

He got three dagger wounds - 1. slight nick on the side of his neck, which is not a serious wound; 2. second dagger in his belly, though it's likely, that his vital organs weren't damaged. Liver and kidneys are more to the sides of body, not in front. 3. third dagger in his back. Though Jon was probably wearing several layer of clothes, wool shirt, layer of boiled hard leather, metal ringmail, fur cape - all of that cushioned that stab, and made the wound not very deep. The dagger didn't get his heart, lungs or spine. It was painful, but it wasn't a serious or mortal wound. None of those three wounds were mortal. So Jon isn't dead. Most likely.

8 minutes ago, Megorova said:

I think, that when Jon was born, at the Tower of Joy there were other people - Ashara Dayne, wet nurse Wylla, and maester Marwyn. And Howland Reed also knows who was Jon's mother, and probably about his real father too. Could be that Howland's wife, Jyana Reed, is actually Ashara Dayne. Also could be, that maester Marwyn married Rhaegar and Lyanna (marwyn in Welsh means marry). And maybe there were witnesses at their wedding ceremony - Arthur and Ashara. And maybe they even signed documents, that confirm, that Rhaegar and Lyanna married. And those documents can be in archives at Citadel. Maybe Faceless Man/fake Pate was looking there for those documents.

This is way too far out on the limb for me.

On July 11, 2018 at 8:55 PM, goldenlion said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/2rgy2s/spoilers_all_jon_and_jaime_similarities_parallels/

Jaime won't have any role in bringing Jon back from the dead. If we get a Jaime POV in the next book, where he learns of Aegon and thinks of going to help/serve him. Then maybe he'd do the same with Jon. 

On 7/11/2018 at 5:55 PM, goldenlion said:

Mel will revive Jon. She is already at the wall, she is a priest like Thoros. As of Jon's stabbing, Jaime is a month away at best. Not a chance  

Archived