jaime will have a big role in bringing jon back to life if R + L = J

goldenlion

31 minutes ago, Daemon The Black Dragon said:

If we get a Jaime POV in the next book, where he learns of Aegon and thinks of going to help/serve him.

Okay, I'm good with this. We have yet to learn whether Jaime survives his encounter with The Maid of Tarth, however.

27 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Mel will revive Jon. She is already at the wall, she is a priest like Thoros.

This seems most likely to me also, plus possible corroboration from That Which May Not Be Named.

2 hours ago, zandru said:

Lady Stoneheart and Jon Snow are "a thousand leagues" apart. Do you mean Jaime Lannister? I think it's quite likely, in that Jaime failed in his vow to restore Sansa (and afterthought Arya) to Catelyn, and Stoneheart doesn't seem to listen to explanations. Perhaps Brienne realizes this, that they're both doomed if she takes Lannister back to the Stoneheart Brotherhood. I suspect Brienne is still too "noble" to consider reneging on her (second set of ) vows to "Catelyn Stark". So, if she doesn't have something else up her sleeve, the outcome will be very grim.

But not involving Jon Snow in any way.

Either one, to be honest. She’d want to hang Jaime for a) being a Lannister and b) failing to deliver on his promise to get Sansa and Arya. For some reason, I think she wants to hang Jon. He’s a source of resentment for her from the day she set eyes on him, and Lady Stoneheart seems dead-set on hanging everyone responsible for her pain, which Jon partially is by simply living under the same roof as she did. 

Besides, it would be an interesting twist if Jaime is hanged, since people say he’s going to play a large role. People thought Ned Stark was going to play a large role, and he no longer has a head.

4 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

Either one, to be honest. She’d want to hang Jaime for a) being a Lannister and b) failing to deliver on his promise to get Sansa and Arya. For some reason, I think she wants to hang Jon. He’s a source of resentment for her from the day she set eyes on him, and Lady Stoneheart seems dead-set on hanging everyone responsible for her pain, which Jon partially is by simply living under the same roof as she did. 

Besides, it would be an interesting twist if Jaime is hanged, since people say he’s going to play a large role. People thought Ned Stark was going to play a large role, and he no longer has a head.

She'd want to hang Jaime mostly because: "Jaime Lannister sends his regards". 

9 hours ago, zandru said:

Why? She hates Jon. She's always hated Jon. Besides, Jon is apparently dead. It doesn't compute.

Yes she hates Jon but it is a complicated relationship. GRRM spent quite a few words building that relationship up and Robb's last command was that Jon succeed him as King in the North. GRRM's writing is built around conflict of the human heart in his characters. And yes he is dead yet the person we are talking about can can resurrect someone. Hmmm, why does the writer bother building that magic into his books.  

7 hours ago, zandru said:

. I suspect Brienne is still too "noble" to consider reneging on her (second set of ) vows to "Catelyn Stark". So, if she doesn't have something else up her sleeve, the outcome will be very grim.

But not involving Jon Snow in any way.

Brienne is definitely very honourable. And that's exactly why I don't believe for a second she will betray Jaime. 

The vow she swore was to Catelyn Stark, who vowed in turn to never ask for Brienne to do anything dishonourable. Also, Brienne should be painfully aware by now that Stoneheart is not Catelyn Stark. 

Totally agree w/ the bolded part. 

17 minutes ago, Makk said:

Hmmm, why does the writer bother building that magic into his books.  

Not for Lady Cat to resurrect the bastard she's hated since her first glimpse of him when she arrived in Winterfell. The "magic" is built in to allow for Lady Cat, for Lord Beric, and perhaps for Jon Snow by Melisandre, if she even realizes she has the power. Perhaps Melisandre, being trained in Assha'i like Miri Maz Duur, will assume she has to sacrifice/kill a number of other people instead, though. Nothing like Thoros giving the last rites, or Beric passing his un-life along.

14 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

The vow she swore was to Catelyn Stark, who vowed in turn to never ask for Brienne to do anything dishonourable. Also, Brienne should be painfully aware by now that Stoneheart is not Catelyn Stark. 

Good catch! I'm hoping that Brienne, with Jaime, has a plan. They'd make a great team, almost as good as Brienne and the Hound.

22 minutes ago, zandru said:

Good catch! I'm hoping that Brienne, with Jaime, has a plan. They'd make a great team,

I think they may not have a plan, but whatever comes they will act together. Brienne is the embodiment of chivalry and [true] honour. Like her great-great-uncle (or something). And for Stoneheart to order her to kill Jaime would be very dishonourable. This is one of the storylines I'm curious at the most. I. Can't. Wait.

22 minutes ago, zandru said:

almost as good as Brienne and the Hound.

That's from the abomination! :eek:

And iirc, it was one of their stupider notions, and that's  saying quite a lot! :lmao:

4 hours ago, HoodedCrow said:

Maybe they will go get Sansa first, to fulfill earlier vows.

Neither of them have a clue as to where to start looking. And Brienne is more Clousseau than Holmes. Moreover, at this stage of her development. Sansa would likely betray them to her "father." She'd hate Jaime because he's a Lannister and Brienne because of her (even further degraded) looks and not being a proper lady.

While I don't think that Jaime will be involved in Jon's resurrection - that will be Melisandre - I do think this dream is important.  

"I never thought he'd hurt them." Jaime's sword was burning less brightly now. "I was with the king . . ." (Jaime VI, Storm)

For me, the sword burning less brightly indicates a wavering in Jaime's determination that he did the right thing.  As he says to the ghostly apparitions, Aerys was going to burn the city down.  Jaime has always felt that he had to choose between his oath as a kingsguard and his oath as a knight - and he has no regrets over choosing the latter. 

There is, however, I think a guilt in not being able to protect Elia and the children.  And that is where I think Jaime and Jon might link in together, though I do not think it will be something we see in Winds.  Jaime acting in some way or another to protect Rhaegar's last child. 

As for Lady Stoneheart's involvement......there is this little nugget from Feast:

Does she think that I can feel that? "The Sword of the Morning slew the Smiling Knight, my lady. Ser Arthur Dayne, a better knight than me." Jaime pulled back his golden fingers and turned once more to Lady Mariya. "How far did Black Walder track this hooded woman and her men?"

"His hounds picked up their scent again north of Hag's Mire," the older woman told him. "He swears that he was no more than half a day behind them when they vanished into the Neck."

"Let them rot there," declared Ser Kennos cheerfully. "If the gods are good, they'll be swallowed up in quicksand or gobbled down by lizard-lions." (Jaime IV in Feast)

Lady Stoneheart's band is spending some time in the Neck, home to the mysterious Howland Reed - the only man aside from Ned Stark to survive the Tower of Joy - and the last known destination of Maege Mormont and Galbart Glover, likely witnesses to Robb signing a document declaring Jon his heir.  

How this could fit in to Jaime and Jon, I don't know.  But I think it possible that if Jon and Lady Stoneheart cross paths again then they will do so with at least one of them in possession of the knowledge of Jon's parentage. 

3 hours ago, dornishdame said:

While I don't think that Jaime will be involved in Jon's resurrection - that will be Melisandre - I do think this dream is important.  

"I never thought he'd hurt them." Jaime's sword was burning less brightly now. "I was with the king . . ." (Jaime VI, Storm)

For me, the sword burning less brightly indicates a wavering in Jaime's determination that he did the right thing.  As he says to the ghostly apparitions, Aerys was going to burn the city down.  Jaime has always felt that he had to choose between his oath as a kingsguard and his oath as a knight - and he has no regrets over choosing the latter. 

There is, however, I think a guilt in not being able to protect Elia and the children.  And that is where I think Jaime and Jon might link in together, though I do not think it will be something we see in Winds.  Jaime acting in some way or another to protect Rhaegar's last child. 

I think events at the end of the war were Jaime's wake up call irt who Tywin is. Just as serving as KG is his wake up call about Aerys and the whole "chivalry" thing. What proper and honourable knight, after vowing before gods and men, will stand guard while someone cruelly and savagely rapes their wife?  And I agree that Jaime feels both guilt and shame about what happened to Elia, Rhaenys, and baby Aegon. 

3 hours ago, dornishdame said:

As for Lady Stoneheart's involvement......there is this little nugget from Feast:

Does she think that I can feel that? "The Sword of the Morning slew the Smiling Knight, my lady. Ser Arthur Dayne, a better knight than me." Jaime pulled back his golden fingers and turned once more to Lady Mariya. "How far did Black Walder track this hooded woman and her men?"

"His hounds picked up their scent again north of Hag's Mire," the older woman told him. "He swears that he was no more than half a day behind them when they vanished into the Neck."

"Let them rot there," declared Ser Kennos cheerfully. "If the gods are good, they'll be swallowed up in quicksand or gobbled down by lizard-lions." (Jaime IV in Feast)

Lady Stoneheart's band is spending some time in the Neck, home to the mysterious Howland Reed - the only man aside from Ned Stark to survive the Tower of Joy - and the last known destination of Maege Mormont and Galbart Glover, likely witnesses to Robb signing a document declaring Jon his heir.

How this could fit in to Jaime and Jon, I don't know.  But I think it possible that if Jon and Lady Stoneheart cross paths again then they will do so with at least one of them in possession of the knowledge of Jon's parentage. 

For whatever reason I couldn't break up the above any further. So, to the bolded, Mormont and Glover are not likely witnesses to Robb signing that document, but rather actual witnesses, along w/ Edmure, the Greatjon, Cat and Mallister. The document likely legitimises Jon and names him Robb's heir. :)

And to the last paragraph, I think Jaime will end up at the Wall, possibly leading the BwB. :eek:

Archived