Will it be possible for red priests magic to make jaimes fake hand to start working like a real hand

goldenlion

just as the title says will it be possible to make his hand merge with his stump and work like a real hand using red priest magic ( is jaimes hand made of real gold or steel that looks like gold ( and if its made of gold will jaime replace his prosthetic with steel hand that looks like gold ( since steel is harder than gold) 

jaime had dreams about where his fake hand worked like the old one

not to mention victarions hand issue could be a foreshadowing for jaime like thoros giving jaime a new working sword  hand

I personally feel like him suddenly having both hands again would be a Lord of the Rings move, not ASOIAF. If it does happen though remember, every magical act in this series comes with a price, what would Jaime have to sacrifice to get two working hands again? 

I hope not. Jamie losing his hand made him smarter. Instead of rushing into every situation with a sword swinging, he has to think, "what would tyrion do." I prefer reading about the more cunning and tactical Jamie.

Jamie is a better man and FAR more wise then when he had two hands id prefer he keep the golden hand that doesnt work it adds so much more depth to his character, Jamie is going to have a trial by combat when confronted by lady Stoneheart and everyone will think hes toast with one hand but he will surprise them with a slim win. 

Magic in ASOIAF doesn't have mechanics, apart from the fact that it's a double edged sword and a sacrifice of some kind is usually involved, so anything is theoretically possible.

More importantly and more to the point, it should never happen because it undercuts his character arc.

On 7/12/2018 at 1:59 PM, Damon_Tor said:

No.

So far we haven't seen magic animate inorganic matter, and we have no reason to believe it can do so.

Agreed.

I think the best a red priest could do would be to create some sort of glamour: so, perhaps Jaime's hand could be made to glow like Stannis' sword, and it might even be made to appear like a real hand to other people.

If Jaime wants a 'working' hand again, he should pop back to King's Landing to see if Qyburn has picked up any new tricks since his long, dark play date with Gregor Clegane...

Nope. I don't agree that Jaime became a "better man" after he lost his hand. But rather Jaime became someone we could understand and relate to after we got his PoV. 

Still, no is my answer to the OP's question. 

Who knows, it's fantasy.

On 7/11/2018 at 11:07 PM, EloImFizzy said:

every magical act in this series comes with a price, what would Jaime have to sacrifice to get two working hands again?  

A fake golden hand

Just now, MostlyMoody said:

I have to say, I must concede this argument. I've got nothing against that.

It's difficult to imagine that GRRM doesn't have a solid idea of what's really happening when "magic" occurs. This is a guy who objected to six-limbed dragons on an evolutionary argument. He's not the kind of guy to underthink a magic system. But that's all a matter of opinion, my interpretation. Hence, "I disagree strongly".

On 7/11/2018 at 6:11 PM, goldenlion said:

just as the title says will it be possible to make his hand merge with his stump and work like a real hand using red priest magic ( is jaimes hand made of real gold or steel that looks like gold ( and if its made of gold will jaime replace his prosthetic with steel hand that looks like gold ( since steel is harder than gold) 

No

Yeah it has been theorised before, Vic's hand issue being seeding for Jaime.

His hand burned.

Still, still, long after they had snuffed out the torch they'd used to sear his bloody stump, days after, he could still feel the fire lancing up his arm, and his fingers twisting in the flames, the fingers he no longer had.

Nothing would be lost if at the end of the series and so too his arc if he got given back a second hand with which to lead humanity in a suicidal last stand against the Others.

On 7/11/2018 at 9:11 PM, goldenlion said:

not to mention victarions hand issue could be a foreshadow  for jaime like thoros giving jaime a working right hand

On 7/11/2018 at 9:11 PM, goldenlion said:

not to mention victarions hand issue could be a foreshadowing for jaime like thoros giving jaime a new working sword  hand

No.  Jaime lost his hand.  Vic's is different.  

Jaime crippled Bran.  Vargo crippled Jaime.  Don't you think that's a nice turn around?

Archived