Acrophobia 33 New experiences! Round 5

Castellan

On 9/16/2018 at 5:55 PM, She who must be Obeyed said:

Wow I am worried about our host! Does anyone know what is happening? :(

A good few more days and I'll be similarly concerned. I think our wonderful host has a history of internet and forum connectivity issues though.

Here's hoping everything is okay.

so friends what's new...any word on our beloved hostess?

...hmmm my messages have been going through last one just now...but she has not read any according to the messages since aug 29...

...according to her profile she last visited sept 5...

...if put to the wall, i agree with Howlin'...waiting for @Castellan is not an issue for me...i am concerned but life is what it is and all of us have shit that comes up...hell i am waiting for high water to do this week what the winds and rains could not do last week...

:smoking:

I too hope Castellan is alright - just v. busy.

In the meantime I'm going to offer a quickie Acrophobia fill in game I dreamed up that I'm gonna call "Cast-o-phobia". Each round instead of a scenario and a bunch of letters, I'll give you a GOT character and the current actor(s) in that role. Your job is to give me two alternate actors, a first choice and a back up. If two players name the same actor first choice, the first one submitted gets that nominee and the second submission gets their backup. If both are taken, I'll contact the player and let them nominate a third actor. The voting will be similar to acrophobia. Three ranked votes each player (including drop ins) with point values of 3 for 1st, 2 for 2nd, 1 for third.

Does that make sense? Any questions?

The game is here:

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope our dear host is okay.

In the meantime, I will put myself forward to host a new game of Acrophobia. As I understand it, rocksniffer is putting together a game of Acrophilia. I, meanwhile, have a topic in mind for Acrophobia.

Originally I thought it would be about coming up with titles of autobiographies for certain characters. What I can't decide is whether you should create these titles from their perspective or your own. Your own might offer more scope for humour, so now I'm thinking I should alter it slightly so that it's you writing a biography of the character and creating a title for it from the given acronym(s).

Any thoughts? Is there enough interest to begin soon or should I wait a while?

11 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

In the meantime, I will put myself forward to host a new game of Acrophobia. As I understand it, rocksniffer is putting together a game of Acrophilia. I, meanwhile, have a topic in mind for Acrophobia.

Originally I thought it would be about coming up with titles of autobiographies for certain characters. What I can't decide is whether you should create these titles from their perspective or your own. Your own might offer more scope for humour, so now I'm thinking I should alter it slightly so that it's you writing a biography of the character and creating a title for it from the given acronym(s).

I am definitely on board!

I like the bio/autobio idea. I would lean toward the autobio because many times the character themselves have such an off-kilter view of themselves. For example, Cersei. I might call her bio, The Meanie Queen of Westeros, where she'd call her autobio, The Unappreciated (Because She's a Woman) Genius of Westeros. And Theon? Or Ramsay Bolton? You get the idea. Either could be good and I would happily go along with, but I lean autobio. :)

On 10/16/2018 at 8:22 PM, Dolorous Gabe said:

yeah good idea Gabe...it will take me a minute to organize a good sniffer brand philia so lets...Name that Bio...

:smoking:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

May as well try to catch up and finish this game if you would like to do so.

Round 4 results

Quite a creative round! Olenna's cheese was enjoyed by many and Howlin' also got the 4 points for having the most first place votes.

By the way, I have gone back to round 3 results and added 2 to Howlin' and Rocksniffer's scores as they tied for first place votes and I forgot to add them in.

My next post will have everyone's standings at the end of round 4. Need to double check it. In the meantime, a couple of people never sent a round 5 entry all that time ago, so if they can bear to revisit and send one in, that would be great. They are Fragile Bird and honeyed chicken

1. Guy entertains. Questioned Paxter's quotient nastily, obtains clapping HC. 1+1+1+1=4

2. Got ensuing queen pregnant, quickly nipped out casually! DG 1+1+2+2+2+3+3=14

3. Greatly enjoyed quaint picnics quietly nomming Olenna's cheese. HH 1+1+1+1+2+3+3+3+4=23

4. Devoted unknown underlings kick ass harvesting orbs, diligently. RS 1+1+2=4

5. Greenery eerily quiet. Poisoned quarrels nearby often concealed. RB 1+1+1+1+2+3=9

6. 'Garden elites questioned - Peach?!? Quagmired negotiations obstructed collaborations. SWMBO 1+1+ 1+2+3=8

Yay!

I attempted to send you a round 5 entry on several occasions but it wouldn't send. I thought at first that your message box must be full, but other players were able to send you messages, so I do not know what the problem was/is. I've been able to send massages to everyone else, so my messaging ability is OK too. I may just designate a helper to relay the entry for me - someone not in this game.

ROUND BY ROUND  SCORES AND STANDINGS AT END OF ROUND 4

PLEASE CHECK

DG 4+11+3+14=32

RB 4+6+8+9=27

HH 6+4+17+23=50

RS 13+18+15+4=50

FB 13+6+7=26

SWMBO 5+7+8+8=28

HC 4

ROUND 5 Entries -last round - vote for 3 - Life with Gregor....

1. KIDNAPPED!!  Shanghaied outside privy...assholes required my services, apparently.

2. Bugger me - Guards grabbed our ponies, obstructed egress!

3. Keep's somewhat oppressive. Pitiless armsmen readily mauled servants! Alarming!  

4. Better mammaries get groped. Otherwise, pillaged orifices everyday.

5. Barking mad! Gregor gets outraged perpetually over everything!

6. Bless my gonads!!! Gregor's off pulverizing other enemies!

Archived