Castellan

Acrophobia 33 New experiences! Round 3

On 9/16/2018 at 5:55 PM, She who must be Obeyed said:

Wow I am worried about our host! Does anyone know what is happening? :(

A good few more days and I'll be similarly concerned. I think our wonderful host has a history of internet and forum connectivity issues though.

Here's hoping everything is okay.

so friends what's new...any word on our beloved hostess?

...hmmm my messages have been going through last one just now...but she has not read any according to the messages since aug 29...

...according to her profile she last visited sept 5...

Edited by rocksniffer

...if put to the wall, i agree with Howlin'...waiting for @Castellan is not an issue for me...i am concerned but life is what it is and all of us have shit that comes up...hell i am waiting for high water to do this week what the winds and rains could not do last week...

:smoking:

I too hope Castellan is alright - just v. busy.

In the meantime I'm going to offer a quickie Acrophobia fill in game I dreamed up that I'm gonna call "Cast-o-phobia". Each round instead of a scenario and a bunch of letters, I'll give you a GOT character and the current actor(s) in that role. Your job is to give me two alternate actors, a first choice and a back up. If two players name the same actor first choice, the first one submitted gets that nominee and the second submission gets their backup. If both are taken, I'll contact the player and let them nominate a third actor. The voting will be similar to acrophobia. Three ranked votes each player (including drop ins) with point values of 3 for 1st, 2 for 2nd, 1 for third.

Does that make sense? Any questions?

The game is here:

Edited by honeyed chicken

bump... with the hopes of my last bad ass entry will get a showing some day

...and i hope this finds our hostess well... @Castellan reach out and tell us how goes it

I really hope our dear host is okay.

In the meantime, I will put myself forward to host a new game of Acrophobia. As I understand it, rocksniffer is putting together a game of Acrophilia. I, meanwhile, have a topic in mind for Acrophobia.

Originally I thought it would be about coming up with titles of autobiographies for certain characters. What I can't decide is whether you should create these titles from their perspective or your own. Your own might offer more scope for humour, so now I'm thinking I should alter it slightly so that it's you writing a biography of the character and creating a title for it from the given acronym(s).

Any thoughts? Is there enough interest to begin soon or should I wait a while?

11 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

In the meantime, I will put myself forward to host a new game of Acrophobia. As I understand it, rocksniffer is putting together a game of Acrophilia. I, meanwhile, have a topic in mind for Acrophobia.

Originally I thought it would be about coming up with titles of autobiographies for certain characters. What I can't decide is whether you should create these titles from their perspective or your own. Your own might offer more scope for humour, so now I'm thinking I should alter it slightly so that it's you writing a biography of the character and creating a title for it from the given acronym(s).

I am definitely on board!

I like the bio/autobio idea. I would lean toward the autobio because many times the character themselves have such an off-kilter view of themselves. For example, Cersei. I might call her bio, The Meanie Queen of Westeros, where she'd call her autobio, The Unappreciated (Because She's a Woman) Genius of Westeros. And Theon? Or Ramsay Bolton? You get the idea. Either could be good and I would happily go along with, but I lean autobio. :)

Edited by honeyed chicken

On 10/16/2018 at 8:22 PM, Dolorous Gabe said:

yeah good idea Gabe...it will take me a minute to organize a good sniffer brand philia so lets...Name that Bio...