Jump to content
Castellan

Acrophobia 33 New experiences! Round 5

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, honeyed chicken said:

The slowing down of this thread has given me an opportunity to jump in. I will endeavor to come up with an entry by the end of the day. :)

great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First:      6. Enjoyed vino, yes! Just, overindulged. Wasted. Yup. Greeeeeeeeeeen!!

Second: 4. Nuisance pests make our persistent work, overall, yieldless.

Third:     3. Exhausted vintner's yellow "juice", obliterating winery's yearly grosses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, a free shadow said:

But being moralised is even worse :ninja:

sounds like a reeducation camp. you will come out moralised! a better citizen!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent entries everyone!!!

Time to vote:

First - #3

Second - #5

Third - #2  - though shouldn't it have been were vs. was since there was more than one pranking man! :lmao:

Edited by She who must be Obeyed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Raisin' Bran said:

SERIOUSLY? Two q's with a p sandwiched between? You are mean.

It seems if there are 8 letters, people can always make something out of them, so I am not worried.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i was also going to rag on the Qs but screw it i will deal...

 

and thanks for the votes people... :cheers:

 

vote...sure why not...

1st... 5

2nd... 1

3rd... 6

:smoking:

Edited by rocksniffer
shit...i forgot to vote...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

My twitter is @1414Paul - but I rarely check it.

CHICKEN!

Good to see you, pal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

i was also going to rag on the Qs but screw it i will deal...

I am surprised no-one has complained about the two u's together in the other one. It must be the lesser of two evils.

I just experimented with creating acronyms for them - geez, it was HARD!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Casablanca Birdie said:

CHICKEN!

Good to see you, pal!

Good to be seen, as they say! Good to see you too!

I was wondering how TTTNE was faring and decided to come back and see for myself. :)

 

Edited by honeyed chicken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Castellan said:

I am surprised no-one has complained about the two u's together in the other one. It must be the lesser of two evils.

I just experimented with creating acronyms for them - geez, it was HARD!!!

Wrt the "Qs", it helps that Martin loves using them . . . that's all the hint I'll give. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, She who must be Obeyed said:

 

Third - #2  - though shouldn't it have been were vs. was since there was more than one pranking man! :lmao:

No, its fine, I read it as the writer is regretting pranking Paxter's men as it got him in trouble. ie 'that was dumb of me'.

Its not Paxter's men doing the pranking, they were the one who were pranked, so 'was' is correct.

Similar to 'Note: teasing policemen was overhasty - handcuffed!'

 

Edited by Castellan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2018 at 9:09 AM, honeyed chicken said:

Wrt the "Qs", it helps that Martin loves using them . . . that's all the hint I'll give. ;)

i see the chicken is in rare form...i just spent a six pack reading up on Q characters...Q cities...Q culture

...glad you are home my honeyed friend! :cheers:

 

:smoking:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) 6. Enjoyed vino, yes! Just, overindulged. Wasted. Yup. Greeeeeeeeeeen!!

2) 3. Exhausted vintner's yellow "juice", obliterating winery's yearly grosses.

3) 5. Nitwits press most opulent piss water, overrated yellows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2018 at 1:18 PM, Castellan said:

No, its fine, I read it as the writer is regretting pranking Paxter's men as it got him in trouble. ie 'that was dumb of me'.

Its not Paxter's men doing the pranking, they were the one who were pranked, so 'was' is correct.

Similar to 'Note: teasing policemen was overhasty - handcuffed!'

 

Ahhh - I see the right of it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First:  4. Nuisance pests make our persistent work, overall, yieldless.

Second:  1. Enjoyable vacation. Yeomen jocularly offered wines, yellow grapes.

Third:  6. Enjoyed vino, yes! Just, overindulged. Wasted. Yup. Greeeeeeeeeeen!!

 

I think I might be in disagreement with nearly everyone about what makes an interesting entry in this edition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×