U.S. Politics- SCOTUS 2: The Election Strikes Back

Jace, Extat

8 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

As much as I'd love for Nunes to be perp-walked, executed for treason, and have his greasy remains smeared into the turf of Tulare County, does the reference to "candidate" rather than a sitting Congressional rep preclude him from being the one?

I wouldn't see why. An incumbent is still a candidate in the election in which they're participating.

And based on the time-frame, I suspect that the primary for this candidate had already been held, meaning it was most likely a Republican.

13 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

As much as I'd love for Nunes to be perp-walked, executed for treason, and have his greasy remains smeared into the turf of Tulare County, does the reference to "candidate" rather than a sitting Congressional rep preclude him from being the one?

Technically speaking, he was a candidate for Congress.

ETA:

If you want to be optimistic, it could be that Mueller was intentionally being cagey and cause an idiot like Nunes to think he’s in the clear.

13 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Also, my money is on either Rohrabacher or Issa as the treasonous fuckstain. Rohrabacher is famously an enthusiastic Putin knob-polisher, and Issa just barely won his election.

Nunes, however, won his election handily.

5 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

I wouldn't see why. An incumbent is still a candidate in the election in which they're participating.

And based on the time-frame, I suspect that the primary for this candidate had already been held, meaning it was most likely a Republican.

3 minutes ago, chiKanery et al. said:

Technically speaking, he was a candidate for Congress.

ETA:

If you want to be optimistic, it could be that Mueller was intentionally being cagey and cause an idiot like Nunes to think he’s in the clear.

Okay, let's go with that. I would really like it to be Nunes.

Thinking about the implications of this indictment and the information about the evidence Mueller has about the unnamed treasonous Congress-critter, I think this is Mueller's shot across the bow of Republican Congressional fuckwittery.

Right now, there's a lot of discussion about whether Trump can be indicted, etc. And Trump has all of conservative media and all Republicans in Congress carrying water for him. And this works because the base is fanatically loyal to Trump.

But there is no question about sitting members of Congress being able to be indicted. And now Mueller has evidence of at least one who knew about the hacks and solicited information. And the base is most definitely not fanatically loyal to any specific Congress-person.

So this could very well be his way of saying back the fuck off and let me do my job, or I'll start naming names of colluders in Congress.

5 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

He'd just be pardoned.

It likely would not matter, since that kind of action would most likely have broken state campaign laws as well as federal.

I could see it being Devin Nunes.  It would explain his completely over the top attempts to shut down or stonewall the Russia investigation and pass information to Trump.  I thought he was just trying to curry favor with Trump, but his behavior makes a lot more sense if he knew he was guilty of collusion and was trying to cover it up.  Buddying up with Trump also might come in handy if he needs a pardon.  Time to get out the popcorn!

8 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

But they will be pardoned.

And the SCOTUS will overturn state convictions.

That...just won't happen.

29 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

Also, my money is on either Rohrabacher or Issa as the treasonous fuckstain. Rohrabacher is famously an enthusiastic Putin knob-polisher, and Issa just barely won his election.

Nunes, however, won his election handily.

I can’t recall how Rohrabacher felt about Trump during the campaign, but I recall Issa not being a big fan of his, so I see no reason why he would be the one. OTOH, Nunes was always very pro-Trump, and the fact that his district is safe makes me believe that he’d be more likely to take that risk than someone who was defending a tossup district.  

For @Frog Eater, more evidence of international respect for Trump -- a German TV shop subbed in the Trump blimp for Trump in numerous photos from his UK visit:

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2018/07/13/german-tv-show-goes-viral-replacing-trump-blimp-just-perfect/

Somehow it's more stately and dignified than the subject it mocks. Leaks less hot air, I guess.

Get ready for Rosenstein to impeached on Monday. The GOP won't impeach Trump, though — but they'll go after Rosenstein. 

They’ll do it knowing that he can’t defend himself publicly, because to do so would require revealing details of an active investigation and disclosing classified information to people who will immediately send it to the White House and Fox News.

Expect Fox to dine on Strozk and Rosenstein for weeks and week.

2 hours ago, chiKanery et al. said:

I can’t recall how Rohrabacher felt about Trump during the campaign, but I recall Issa not being a big fan of his, so I see no reason why he would be the one. OTOH, Nunes was always very pro-Trump, and the fact that his district is safe makes me believe that he’d be more likely to take that risk than someone who was defending a tossup district.  

Interesting comment on twitter, could be nothing:

Brian Mast is a Republican member of the U.S. House representing the 18th Congressional District of Florida. Mast was first elected to the House in 2016.

He's a good little right winger.

read all about him:  https://ballotpedia.org/Brian_Mast

Archived