Was Poor, Sweet Joff a good king?

Brianstorm

On 7/13/2018 at 9:15 PM, Brianstorm said:

He certainly would not have put up with the High Septon and would have tried to get a stooge into that position, however that could lead to it's own problems. That said. even if he wasn't meant to be a long term king, getting an heir from Margaery would've been optimal vs the Purple Wedding happening when it did.

I am not sure what you mean here... and I have to say, I'm utterly confused by the thread's heading? :dunno:

2 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I don't see anything about Joff's kingship that would save lives, you have me lost on that notion. 

ETA:  My post about the serial killing clues were in response to a particular post, not the entirety of your hypothesis. 

Yes I know, no one seemed to get my point and just said "Joffrey is evil so he's a bad king". Also my supposition is that having an heir and allying with the Tyrells would be better than Tommen and Cersei taking the house to new lows.

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

I am not sure what you mean here... and I have to say, I'm utterly confused by the thread's heading? :dunno:

Cersei calls him "poor, sweet Joff" once she gets POV chapter in AFFC.

Just now, Brianstorm said:

Yes I know, no one seemed to get my point and just said "Joffrey is evil so he's a bad king". Also my supposition is that having an heir and allying with the Tyrells would be better than Tommen and Cersei taking the house to new lows.

Cersei calls him "poor, sweet Joff" once she gets POV chapter in AFFC.

Aaaaah. Didn't remember that. Tks.

Archived