The Final & 3rd Place - FRA v. CRO / BEL v. ENG

What a weird game! I wanted to congratulate Corvinus on winning the Fantasy League in the name of the Anabolics Anonymous, but it seems too be early to call just yet.

As for France - we got here in the most nonchalant way possible and do not need titles or trophies to know we are the best.  (We'll take them though ;) )

I think I dislike France more than I do England now, sometimes I wish football didn't come down to luck so much. Really, they were even lucky with those fucking losers that ran into the field and stopped Croatia's pressure. 

Edit: the ones running and ruining may have had a just cause and it takes guts to embarrass Putin like that, i just wish they didnt do it when croatia had france pinned down..

Croatia have played well and France went in went their usual conservative game-plan except they have far more firepower on the counter than any team Croatia have faced. I think that VAR/the ref got the Perisic handball correct as well. Pogba has put in another excellent performance and capped it off with a great goal this time. After Lloris's error, France have managed this game well and are deserved winners.

Well, I can't rightly complain about their last two goals but the first two were some of the cheapest fucking goals I Have ever seen. But France did what they do well, so I'm not going to argue to much about it. But I'll never ever call them a deserving winner though.

2 minutes ago, Soylent Dropbear said:

He's been good, but not even close to the best, so I'm not sure what orifice you're pulling that from.

I think you need to pay better attention to what players do besides scoring goals.

2 minutes ago, Soylent Dropbear said:

He's been good, but not even close to the best, so I'm not sure what orifice you're pulling that from.

Throughout the entire tourney I’d say Kante, Modric, and Hazard were for sure better but I still think Pogba has a good claim

Even the highly touted (and rightly so) Kante couldn't keep Modric quiet (and Nzonzi sure couldn't). Almost always available, reliable and accurate. I can't truly forgive that he turned his back on Pogba's second shot, but that's more or less the only thing he did wrong this game. We probably won't see him again in four years either.

Congrats to Croatia for making this a competitive match, who knows what would have been had Griezman been shown a yellow card for diving instead of being awarded a free kick that lead to the Mandzukic owngoal.

On the other hand Griezman seemed to me to be determined to win this thing ever since they won against Uruguay, so that he didn't knock out his friends and Atleti-Captain Godin's team for nothing. They wanted to win this for Oscar Tabarez. This really has my sympathy.

8 minutes ago, Triskjavikson said:

France probably should have won the last Euro cup and just about everyone from this team except Giroud and Lloris will still be around next WC.  Very good shape for the future.  

That Pogba goal was set up by Mbappe's incredible speed which was really on display on the pass to open space that got that one going.  

Lloris could still be around for the next WC  unless a better keeper emerges. 35 isn't old for a GK so long as their reflexes stay sharp. There have been many keepers still at the top of their games when in their mid 30s.

Archived