Jump to content
RagingThroner

Who will wield Heartsbane in season 8?

Recommended Posts

As we all know Sam took his families Valyrian steel sword named Heartsbane last season as he rode north to rejoin Jon. My question here is who do you believe will actually wield Heartsbane. I do not believe it will be Sam but I am very certain he will give it to one of the great warriors of the show to use as Valyrian steel kills white walkers. This is my guess and I’m very interested to hear what others think. I believe Jon will actually be the one to wield Heartsbane and I think in doing so he will return Long Claw to Jorah Mormont. I believe Jorah is destine to be reunited with Long claw and I do see that happening with Jon using Heartsbane to replace it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly don't know, I think Jon will keep Longclaw, as Jorah seemed pretty adamant he keep it. Maybe Sandor? It is a greatsword and few people can wield a greatsword as effectively as the Hound.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vhagar's Ghost said:

I honestly don't know, I think Jon will keep Longclaw, as Jorah seemed pretty adamant he keep it. Maybe Sandor? It is a greatsword and few people can wield a greatsword as effectively as the Hound.

I’m sure A few words from Jon about how Jorah has done his father proud and as the King in the North he pardons his crimes and Jorah would be will to receive his birthright. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Only Jon isn't King in the North anymore since he bent his knee to Daenerys. Daenerys would potentially have the power to pardon him however, but still Longclaw has some significance, too much so to just be given back to Jorah. I think it is "Lightbringer".

Edited by Vhagar's Ghost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Hahaha, I'm not sure the Ds will even remember Heartsbane. 

This.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, btfu806 said:

This.

I know, right, we should start a pool, picking episodes and persons and such.  Perhaps when the season starts.  Of course, I do think the 'no one' option is good, and I don't mean Arya, or sadly, NotSoKindlyJaqen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I know, right, we should start a pool, picking episodes and persons and such.  Perhaps when the season starts.  Of course, I do think the 'no one' option is good, and I don't mean Arya, or sadly, NotSoKindlyJaqen. 

I am down. I will even put a dollar or two into that pool, to make things interesting. You could have a really good pool going for everything we think may/may not happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Hahaha, I'm not sure the Ds will even remember Heartsbane. 

Sadly I think you're right . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LordImp said:

Sadly I think you're right . 

I know, it is sort of an interesting question.  I'm thinking the appearance (or lack thereof) of Heartsbane isn't the only thing that might be worth starting a poll or pool on.  Luckily, we have lots of time to try and remember what they may have forgotten, HA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2018 at 6:51 PM, Vhagar's Ghost said:

Only Jon isn't King in the North anymore since he bent his knee to Daenerys. Daenerys would potentially have the power to pardon him however, but still Longclaw has some significance, too much so to just be given back to Jorah. I think it is "Lightbringer".

I believe that it is possible that Daenerys could allow Jon to keep calling himself the King in the North as long as he pledges fealty and/or pays homage. Either way as Warden and Lord Paramount he can still most likely pardon Jorah (something Dany would obviously be okay with anyway). She could also pardon him. Either way, we are splitting hairs because of the road Dany and Jon are travelling down anyway, and it isn't like Dany wouldn't pardon Jorah anyway.

All this is moot anyway with how they have portrayed Lyanna, I doubt they take Bear Island from her. Also Jorah seems destined for Kingsguard duties.

I don't know if Lightbringer will be a thing in the show as they have only barely mentioned it. It would seem a bit deus ex machina, though I guess I shouldn't give D&D the credit to avoid this..

Back on topic, assuming it does make a reappearance, I could see it being given to only Jorah or Sandor. Jorah as recompense for both Longclaw and his earlier exile, and Sandor because a big man needs a big weapon. They also had him borrowing Gendry's hammer during the quest to find the wight, so they showed he doesn't have his own special weapon. It might also give Sandor a leg up in Clegane Bowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I know, it is sort of an interesting question.  I'm thinking the appearance (or lack thereof) of Heartsbane isn't the only thing that might be worth starting a poll or pool on.  Luckily, we have lots of time to try and remember what they may have forgotten, HA

Well they have probably forgotten about Jaqen and FM , though I'm still hoping Jaqen returns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:07 PM, Valyrian Lance said:

I believe that it is possible that Daenerys could allow Jon to keep calling himself the King in the North as long as he pledges fealty and/or pays homage.

There is absolutely no way Jon would continue to call himself KITN if he wasn't. Besides, the northerners would think he was an absolute joke.

My money is on Jorah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was clearly introduced because it will be used at some point so I will guess Tormund since he is Jon's closest ally and is close in size to the Hound.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone is forgetting about Brienne,, another possible candidate ( but she does have oath keeper). John is just to dam small to wield heartbane, so the Jorah gets longclaw back argument is mute, unless a three way swap gives Jon back his family sword (oathkeeper) Jorah gets Longclaw, and Brienne gets heartsbane. I do think Sandor would be the best candidate however. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 4:28 PM, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I know, it is sort of an interesting question.  I'm thinking the appearance (or lack thereof) of Heartsbane isn't the only thing that might be worth starting a poll or pool on.  Luckily, we have lots of time to try and remember what they may have forgotten, HA

Count me in for the pool or poll, whatever.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Heartsbane will go to Jorah Mormont before the Great War (if he doesn't survive it) or after (if he does survive it). In the books, Dany promised Jorah a Varlyian Steel sword. In the show, Jon offered him Longclaw but he refused it. I can see Jorah and Sam having a conversation where he accepts Heartsbane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×