Who will wield Heartsbane in season 8?

RagingThroner

I like the idea that Heartsbane will be Lightbringer (plunged into Melisandre) and that Jon will give Longclaw back to Jorah for the final battle. 

Otherwise it would be best to give it to Sandor because it is such a large sword.  After all, the Hound always wanted a Valyrian steel sword.

I guess it makes the most sense for it to go to Jorah though because of his relationship with Sam and Sam's relationship with Jeor.

• 1 month later...

If D&D remember Heartsbane, my money is on it going to Sandor. He needs a weapon that's effective against WW's, and I doubt Sam is going to be making use of the sword anyway. Someone who can use it properly needs to have it. Sandor could also use it in Cleganebowl, which seems likely to be happening, so there you go.

Jorah could get it but I somehow doubt it. And sad to say, but I have a feeling he's not going to be with us very long, so perhaps a nice dragonglass dagger will tide him over until the time comes.

10 hours ago, Candor said:

If D&D remember Heartsbane, my money is on it going to Sandor. He needs a weapon that's effective against WW's, and I doubt Sam is going to be making use of the sword anyway. Someone who can use it properly needs to have it. Sandor could also use it in Cleganebowl, which seems likely to be happening, so there you go.

Jorah could get it but I somehow doubt it. And sad to say, but I have a feeling he's not going to be with us very long, so perhaps a nice dragonglass dagger will tide him over until the time comes.

I think Sandor as well, for the reasons you gave. I also wonder if he will need Valyrian steel to kill The Mountain. We don't know how Qyburn was able to resurrect Gregor but it's doubtful he used R'hllor. Spellforged steel might be the only way to kill Gregor.

On 12/4/2018 at 2:02 PM, Trebla said:

I think Sandor as well, for the reasons you gave. I also wonder if he will need Valyrian steel to kill The Mountain. We don't know how Qyburn was able to resurrect Gregor but it's doubtful he used R'hllor. Spellforged steel might be the only way to kill Gregor.

Fire would be far more satisfying/poetic for Sandor

Archived