What ASOIAF theory blew your mind?

Daendrew

Mine was the theory that Cersei and Jaime are Aerys’ illegitimate kids while Tyrion is the only true Lannister (he, a product of cousins, is a dwarf, plus he is Tywin’s true son, not Jaime, and the twins are Targaryen-like based on Jaime’s prowess with weapons just like Aemon, Daemon Blackfyre, Aegon the conqueror, etc while Cersei is the Mad Queen, plus all the incest and whatnot.

1 hour ago, Daendrew said:

What ASOIAF theory blew your mind? Please provide links if possible.

The theory that when “Arbor Gold” is mentioned, there is a lie or deception going on blew me away.

Bloodraven does literally everything via skinchanging. He is GRRM 
Euron, Benjen and Dario are every single character in the books and they travel a lot to be everywhere. 
The Great other is the bastard child of Megatron and Optimus Prime. 

1 hour ago, Daendrew said:

The theory really didn't blow my as if it has some merit in ASOIAF. What got me in trouble was Dr.Who time traveling Bran. So I'm not giving a link.

I really like ---- The Great other is the bastard child of Megatron and Optimus Prime.  

2 hours ago, Canon Claude said:

Mine was the theory that Cersei and Jaime are Aerys’ illegitimate kids while Tyrion is the only true Lannister (he, a product of cousins, is a dwarf, plus he is Tywin’s true son, not Jaime, and the twins are Targaryen-like based on Jaime’s prowess with weapons just like Aemon, Daemon Blackfyre, Aegon the conqueror, etc while Cersei is the Mad Queen, plus all the incest and whatnot.

I still support this theory although fighting prowess has little to do with it, there has also been great Lannister warriors throughout history as well for example Jamies uncle who has the bastard Joy hill I think his name was Tygett apparently Jamie gets his skill from him. 

10 minutes ago, Stormking902 said:

I still support this theory although fighting prowess has little to do with it, there has also been great Lannister warriors throughout history as well for example Jamies uncle who has the bastard Joy hill I think his name was Tygett apparently Jamie gets his skill from him. 

We hardly ever hear about great Lannister warriors though. They’re more known for their strategy and their intellect. Most Targaryens, meanwhile, are defined by their fighting abilities, or they’re at least complimented for their fighting prowess. Maekar, Aemon, Maegor, Aegon I, Daemon Targaryen, Rhaegar, young Aerys II, etc. Hell, even Egg openly participated in at least three different rebellions (not counting the second Blackfyre Rebellion).

1 hour ago, Canon Claude said:

We hardly ever hear about great Lannister warriors though. They’re more known for their strategy and their intellect. Most Targaryens, meanwhile, are defined by their fighting abilities, or they’re at least complimented for their fighting prowess. Maekar, Aemon, Maegor, Aegon I, Daemon Targaryen, Rhaegar, young Aerys II, etc. Hell, even Egg openly participated in at least three different rebellions (not counting the second Blackfyre Rebellion).

King Loreon Lannister the first known king of Casterly Rock carved out a chunk of the Westerlands with sword and spear and made the Castemeres his vassals through mariage BUT defeated king Morgon Banefort (The Hooded King)and his thralls in a bloody war that lasted 20 years. 

King Tybolt Lannister (The Thunderbolt) defeated every Andal warlord who tried to march into the Westerlands. 

King Lancel Lannister, the Lion, rode to war against the Gardener kings and conquered the Reach as far south as Old Oak

King Lancel IV Lannister, is said to have beheaded the ironborn king Harrald Halfdrownedand his heir with the House's Valyrian steel sword Brightroar in one swing. Invaded the Reach during the reign of Gyles III Gardener. He was killed by Ser Wilbert Osgrey at Red Lake.

King Tyrion II Lannister, the Tormentor, a strong king, famed for his prowess with a battle-axe, his true delight was torture.

Are some more examples. 

11 hours ago, Daendrew said:

The theory that when “Arbor Gold” is mentioned, there is a lie or deception going on blew me away.

Blew my mind as in a revelation or blew my mind as in surprised at the amount of tinfoil?

Revelation wise, the parallel and the symmetry between Bael the Bard, Abel (Mance), Blue Roses, the Winterfell crypts, and Lyanna Stark.

The first theories that blew my mind were Jojen Paste and Euron is The Dusky Woman.  First both of them seemed impossible, but after awhile, I did have to wonder on elements of the Jojen Paste theory. 

The newer half-BS theories such as Mance is Rhaegar, Euron is everyone, Howland is the High Sparrow just make me roll my eyes.  But, the even newer 'ideas' that have shown up in the past year, year and a half aren't even eye roll worthy.  Some of it seems like insistent climate change denial, IMO

Archived