Alright, the whole gods eye situation make no sense

Leonardo

It's huge. It's a lordship in waiting, and for no one to think, "Hey, that's valuable land to claim, I'm going to let a magical wind dissuade me though" is nonsense.

"For the plot!" is the only reason I can think of why this thing isn't the lordship of God's Eye.

Do you mean the land around the God's eye or the Isle of Faces? The land around is used, but a bit cursed. The tales from Harrenhal and Whitewalls probably scare anyone else to build around it.

I believe the Isle of faces is the last Southern strong hold of the children of the forrest, they use their magic to stop man from wanting to build on it. The men that dont listen to the myth surrounding the Isle either go missing or just reinforce that there is supernatural shit going on. 

I'm not seeing the point of establishing a Lordship out in the middle of The God's Eye on the Isle of Faces.  Granted, a small population could live there, but militarily..............it seems a mess.  It'd be a super mess if a Lord of the Isle wasn't aligned with Harrenhal, wouldn't it? 

9 hours ago, Leonardo said:

It's huge. It's a lordship in waiting, and for no one to think, "Hey, that's valuable land to claim, I'm going to let a magical wind dissuade me though" is nonsense.

"For the plot!" is the only reason I can think of why this thing isn't the lordship of God's Eye.

You know what else doesn't make sense?  This opening post of yours and the thread title.  :D

The God's Eye is a huge lake which is kind of hard to make into a lordship.  And what magical wind are you talking about?  Harrenhal is on the north shore of the God's Eye and it houses a lordship.           

1 hour ago, White Ravens said:

You know what else doesn't make sense?  This opening post of yours and the thread title.  :D

The God's Eye is a huge lake which is kind of hard to make into a lordship.  And what magical wind are you talking about?  Harrenhal is on the north shore of the God's Eye and it houses a lordship.           

We are told that whenever someone tries to sail to the isle of faces a wind will come and push them away.

2 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I'm not seeing the point of establishing a Lordship out in the middle of The God's Eye on the Isle of Faces.  Granted, a small population could live there, but militarily..............it seems a mess.  It'd be a super mess if a Lord of the Isle wasn't aligned with Harrenhal, wouldn't it? 

Or enemys of the Mootons of Maidenpool lol 

Archived