U.S. Politics: The Marionette Presidency Edition

36 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

This is America and frankly this isn’t even new. We learned how to shoot BB guns in the Cub Scouts and were shooting shotguns by the age of 8.  

There's a huge difference between teaching a kid to shoot and sending them to school with guns.

8 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Trump's new tact is to say future Russian election meddling that everyone is warning about is out there to help Dems.

It’s entirely possible Russia may do some minor anti-Republican hacking, in a very open way, just so Cheetolini can claim vindication.

For anyone who think the Putin/Trump relationship is entirely above board, it is funny how Trump believes everything Putin tells him, except when he says “yeah, I wanted him to win what of it?”

5 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Trump's new tact is to say future Russian election meddling that everyone is warning about is out there to help Dems.

JFC, how do people support this guy?

"There was no meddling! Vlad told me so!"

"There may have been meddling...."

"But if there was it was to help DEMS!"

"Also, Vlad is a great guy"

"But I'm so tough on Russia!"

He always forgets to mention that congress forced him to ratchet up sanctions and he even issued a written stste,ent saying how he was doing it under duress and his executive power was threatened.

I fully expect sanctionss to be eased some time after Putin visits the WH. In the name of good relations or whatnot.

Just now, Morpheus said:

He always forgets to mention that congress forced him to ratchet up sanctions and he even issued a written stste,ent saying how he was doing it under duress and his executive power was threatened.

I fully expect sanctionss to be eased some tome after Putin visits the WH. In the name of good relations or whatnot.

Also, those most of those sanctions were never really implemented.

5 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

I fully expect sanctionss to be eased some tome after Putin visits the WH. In the name of good relations or whatnot.

Why shouldn't they be eased at this point?  Is there anyone on the planet who thinks Putin is giving Crimea back?  Or do we just want another Iranian or Cuban situation where once we put sanctions in, we're too stubborn to make a change until half a century passes?

Just now, Cas Stark said:

Why shouldn't they be eased at this point?  Is there anyone on the planet who thinks Putin is giving Crimea back?  Or do we just want another Iranian or Cuban situation where once we put sanctions in, we're too stubborn to make a change until half a century passes?

Russia has done two things (Crimea 2014 and 2016 election) in the past four years that deserve serious international censure.  Sanctions are the best way to do that short of war. 

22 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

It’s entirely possible Russia may do some minor anti-Republican hacking, in a very open way, just so Cheetolini can claim vindication.

For anyone who think the Putin/Trump relationship is entirely above board, it is funny how Trump believes everything Putin tells him, except when he says “yeah, I wanted him to win what of it?”

I’ve said for a while now that Russia might take some kind of action to make it appear like they’re helping Democrats in the midterms. It furthers their larger goal of sowing chaos in American politics and it will give Trump an excuse to shut down the Mueller investigation, plus it will help his reelection chances which is something they also want.

22 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

There is somewhat of a double speak to talk of easing sanctions on Russia since Trump basically put back on sanctions with Iran and Cuba that Obama eased.

3 hours ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

That a Republican thinks guns is the solution to everything is kind of Blase as well.

Guns and tax cuts do solve everything.   Wait, guns, tax cuts and voter repression do solve everything. 

In the West middle-aged keyboard warriors hunch over their sagging bellies and pen another online critique of President Donald Trump's foreign policy. In the East, on the other hand, Chinese experts stand in awe of the Orange Messiah's abilities and see in him a far more formidable foe than Obama or Clinton.

Financial Times -  The Chinese are wary of Donald Trump’s creative destruction

11 minutes ago, Which Tyler said:

Don't forget obscene levels of gerrymandering

And don’t forget the arduous and unending efforts of the left wing experts and punditocracy to use data as “proof” to downplay gerrymandering and tell us that gerrymandering has no significant impact. With friends like that striving to ensure one’s defeat, who needs republicans?

3 hours ago, mormont said:

It really is. Read the article, it mentions him repeatedly. 

I think what you mean is, Bernie Sanders should be excused because for some reason it's OK for him to do it. Or do you not acknowledge that just as the centrist Dems are planning how to defeat Sanders, Sanders is also planning how to defeat them? If you don't, I'm fairly sure I can find you about a dozen articles with a quick Google search. 

Which, as I say, is natural and fine, so long as everyone remembers that unity is more important than purity in defeating Trump. 

Not what I intend or mean.

You're missing the forest for the trees, i.e. myopia + astigmatism.

As if those people mean anything by 'working together' beyond do what we say and give us all your resources and energy, we give nothing in return and we stab you in the back, because that's our right because we're entrenched!  In this they are = to the rethugs, that is for sure.

24 minutes ago, lokisnow said:

And don’t forget the arduous and unending efforts of the left wing experts and punditocracy to use data as “proof” to downplay gerrymandering and tell us that gerrymandering has no significant impact. With friends like that striving to ensure one’s defeat, who needs republicans?

:agree:

1 hour ago, Which Tyler said:

Don't forget obscene levels of gerrymandering

Among their weaponry is guns, guns and tax cuts.  Guns, tax cuts and voter repression.  Amongst their weaponry is guns, guns and tax cuts, voter repression, gerrymandering and a fanatical devotion to the Trump. 

Does the GOP have brownshirts yet for attacking 'external' enemies or does the GOP need the internal secret police more now? Considering how russia has all the GOP establishment cowed, i wonder if they're not already at that stage.

edit, writing about of that: https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/24/politics/jeff-sessions-hillary-clinton-lock-her-up/index.html

2 hours ago, Chaircat Meow said:

In the West middle-aged keyboard warriors hunch over their sagging bellies and pen another online critique of President Donald Trump's foreign policy. In the East, on the other hand, Chinese experts stand in awe of the Orange Messiah's abilities and see in him a far more formidable foe than Obama or Clinton.

Financial Times -  The Chinese are wary of Donald Trump’s creative destruction

lol

Archived