Best and Worst Marriages in Westeros

Angel Eyes

12 hours ago, Ser Leftwich said:

Has any mad person been married to an inanimate object? Or to a horse?

Elmar Frey was engaged to horseface Arya

18 minutes ago, Canon Claude said:

Worst: Ramsay Snow and his two wives (they’re both equally bad far as I’m concerned. One of them starved to death and the other was possibly forced to have commit beastiality).

Best: Garlan Tyrell and Leonette Fossoway

Lady Hornwood did not starve to death, thats just assumed by Westerosi because she tries eating her fingers. In reality she probably tried eating her fingers for the same reason as Theon, to make the pain stop.

I quite like Alys Karstark and the young Magnar of Thenn, they seem like they could have a very happy and interesting marriage. 

For worst I obviously would think of the Ramsay marriages as well but Lysa and Jon Arryn's is pretty heartbreaking too really.

And I don't think the marriage of Lord Ambrose Butterwell and his Frey wifey would've been a happy one either after he was stripped of most his wealth. 

1 hour ago, Remiem said:

I quite like Alys Karstark and the young Magnar of Thenn, they seem like they could have a very happy and interesting marriage

:agree:

Ned and Cat have a good marriage as well. There's a few among the minor characters, like Garlan Tyrell and Leonette Fossoway.

Worst ever: Ramsay and anyone. The Mountain and anyone. Victarion Greyjoy and anyone. 

ETA: I'd also HATE to find myself married to Randyll Tarly. :ack:

11 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

Elmar Frey was engaged to horseface Arya

Lady Hornwood did not starve to death, thats just assumed by Westerosi because she tries eating her fingers. In reality she probably tried eating her fingers for the same reason as Theon, to make the pain stop.

How long did Lady Hornwood last after eating her fingers?

10 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

How long did Lady Hornwood last after eating her fingers?

Im not sure. A while I think. Ramsay flays not to kill, Theon doesnt eat his fingers because he doesnt want to get Ramsay mad, not because ita life threatening.

The original Reek was defiling Lady Hornwoods dead but not cold body when Ramsay was captured, no reason to think her fingers. Or hunger were involved

12 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

The original Reek was defiling Lady Hornwoods dead but not cold body when Ramsay was captured, no reason to think her fingers. Or hunger were involved

No he wasn't. That was a peasant girl he and Ramsay had (probably) been hunting, and that Ramsay had raped and killed. 

Lady Hornwood was found, dead, in the tower that Ramsay had locked her in. 

5 minutes ago, Unacosamedarisa said:

No he wasn't. That was a peasant girl he and Ramsay had (probably) been hunting, and that Ramsay had raped and killed. 

Lady Hornwood was found, dead, in the tower that Ramsay had locked her in. 

Ah gotcha. My mistake. So she probably did starve to death

I think the happiest marriages were not marriages, as @Giant Ice Spider suggests with Jon & Ygritte, but also Oberyn Martell and Ellaria Sand.

But of the real marriages, the Lannisters do well, with both Tywin/Joanna and Kevan/Dorna, then go and queer the pitch with the likes of Lancel/Gatehouse Ami, Tyrek/Ermesande, not to mention Robert & Cersei and anything involving Joffrey (even though his married life wasn't very long, it was still the pits!)

I think Davos Seaworth's marriage is another rare good one.

But when it comes to bad ones, we have no shortage of material: Lysa Arryn & LIttlefinger was sooo messed up; pretty much anything involving any Bolton; Stannis & Selyse; most Frey marriages, too.....; Doran & Mellaria, Balon & Alannys...

The Blackfish was probably the happiest Tully B)

Archived