GRRM quote on jaimes motivation on pushing bran from the tower

goldenlion

Love, lust, sexual passion, infatuation are the subject matter for about half of music, art, and literature. It should be pretty easy to relate to.

Murder to cover up another crime has been common forever.

Any 8 year old facing a moral delimma would choose to spare 3 lives by killing one. 

Every animal is selfish. That's how survival works.

And I strongly doubt anyone here has had as much to lose (in terms of celebrity, rank, job/position) as the Lannister twins did that day.

• 2 weeks later...

Bran would have seen NOTHING if Jaime and Cersei had been doing NOTHING.  They were selfish pieces of shits.  Cersei was betraying her husband.  Jaime was betraying his king, the king he took an oath to protect.  They were screwing the entire kingdom and not in a loving way.  The reason that situation ever came to be is the fault of Jaime and Cersei.  They created a situation where they had to face the choice of killing an innocent.  I have no love for the Starks but I can see what Jaime did was wrong.  

On 7/22/2018 at 10:14 PM, goldenlion said:

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/george-r-r-martin-the-rolling-stone-interview-20140423?page=3

GRRM has also clarified, in as many words, that Jaime’s motivation in tossing Bran from that tower was deadly serious:

At the same time, what Jaime did is interesting. I don’t have any kids myself, but I’ve talked with other people who have. Remember, Jaime isn’t just trying to kill Bran because he’s an annoying little kid. Bran has seen something that is basically a death sentence for Jaime, for Cersei, and their children – their three actual children. So I’ve asked people who do have children, “Well, what would you do in Jaime’s situation?” They say, “Well, I’m not a bad guy – I wouldn’t kill.” Are you sure? Never? If Bran tells King Robert he’s going to kill you and your sister-lover, and your three children. . . .
Then many of them hesitate. Probably more people than not would say, “Yeah, I would kill someone else’s child to save my own child, even if that other child was innocent.” These are the difficult decisions people make, and they’re worth examining.

jaime always hated pushing bran off the tower when he did it ( though cersei likes to act like she wasnt there or that jaime didnt do it for her when yes he did at first jaime pulled up bran saving him from falling but cersei said what are you doing showing that she doesnt want bran alive and looked at him like she looked at pycelle nonverball sending the message and jaime said the things I do fdor love with LOATHING

cersei gaslighted jaime

@867-5309

How did you know I dislike Jaime.  What discussion started this?  

23 hours ago, 867-5309 said:

How did you know I dislike Jaime.  What discussion started this?  

@867-5309  @Lord Varyscheck this  post and discussion on the forum out it briwisengs up alot of good points of cerseis lies  and how you shouldnt just take her most recent words at face value and if you look back  to what she said before  or her behavior you will see that her words are bs. like claiming that she didnt want bran dead saying that she just wanted to threaten hi m when the entire scene where bran was pushed shows otherwise where jaime was the one who didnt want to kill bran at first stopping him from falling and pulling him back up while cersei screamed what are you doing then after cersei looked at him much like she looked at maester pycelle when he was taking care of lord arryn with the message to kill bran so jaime said so with loathing and did it despite knowing it was wrong and I am annoyed with people who think that cersei didnt want bran dead and that jaine was just acting impulsively and doing something which cersei had no part in which is bs. ( you know the scene where jaime thinks to himself if all he was was a sword hand makes me think about he let himself just turn into a sword hand for cersei and just serve her etc due to his trauma of how he was treated and serving aerys etc. 

On 7/24/2018 at 10:47 PM, goldenlion said:

and I disagree with the claim that jaime not getting aroused by other women ( till brienne) is somehow means he thinks they are beneath him 

Jaime not getting aroused by women other than Cersei before meeting Brienne is a completely baseless statement that is very likely completely wrong anyway. 

One of the my problems with Jaime's characterization, despite how well-written he is overall, is that he cares so little for his children, which I don't think gels with his character. This is a guy that would clearly prefer a family of his own rather than a throne or title, so to have him have so little regard for his own kids--even if he wasn't allowed to get close to them--doesn't really sit with me. 

Jaime did indeed put his family at risk by having an ongoing affair with Cersei, but this is a product of his belief that he should be able to love his sister openly. It's flawed thinking, but is a key part of his character.

I think we're going to be seeing more open regret from Jaime from TWOW. Most of his guilt is revealed indirectly: he begins talking about how he regrets hurting Bran in ASOS before Cersei cuts him off, he sees the shrouds of Rhaegar's children in the sunset, he reveals the truth about Tysha at probably the least convenient time possible (and thinks about her indirectly a number of times), and when he recounts how he nearly killed Arya, he trails off in silence, letting the audience surmise his own horror and shame rather than stating it plain. It's a very subtle kind of storytelling, but I suspect it'll become more concrete once he's forced to face his past via Stoneheart. 

Archived