Should Decaf Drinkers Be Forced to Publicly Register?

Martell Spy

5 hours ago, Starkess said:

What is it with Australians and flat white? I had coffee a couple times with an Australian at a conference and he got a flat white every time. My other Australian friend got one too. And I mean like, flat whites are fine, but I don't know many people who go to them as default.

Haha, flat whites are probably one of the must consumed coffees here. People like them as a less microfoamy version of a latte (successfully exported by the post-WWII wave of Italian migrants), which is perfect for takeaway cups. 

For anyone curious: we can be so snobby about coffee in Aus that Starbucks has failed quite miserably. They are down to a couple dozen stores in the entire country (about one Starbucks per million people). 

4 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

Thanks!  Is the milk still steamed?  Or is it just milk and espresso?

Steamed, but not frothed.

And accompanied by a Ham n Cheese Toastie it is the breakfast of legends.

I hate coffee too, never got into drinking it.  I think my mouth is broken, as what is "warm enough" to others who drink coffee always burns my mouth and tongue, and it lasts a couple days.

I used to work for companies that hired a lot of former soldiers, particularly Canadian and American ones, and every one was a coffee addict, I spent more time driving through Tim Horton's drive throughs getting stupid "double doubles" than doing actual work some days. 

The xBrit soldiers still drank tea.

Decaf seems a lot like non alcoholic beer - the juice isn't worth the squeeze, at all. Why suffer the taste of coffee without any caffeine benefit?

See, you guys are so caffeinated you don’t even feel the caffeine. Regular coffe revs me up and gives me headaches. If I drink it at night I can’t sleep. 

The funniest thing is reading comments from Americans about decaf coffee being lousy. Before I travelled to the US I assumed that I would find great coffee in a country that drinks so much if it, only to find out that the vast majority of your coffee is muck in a cup. Things have slowly improved, but to read criticism about decaf from people who drink swill and call it coffee is hilarious!

1 hour ago, Casablanca Birdie said:

See, you guys are so caffeinated you don’t even feel the caffeine. Regular coffe revs me up and gives me headaches. If I drink it at night I can’t sleep. 

The funniest thing is reading comments from Americans about decaf coffee being lousy. Before I travelled to the US I assumed that I would find great coffee in a country that drinks so much if it, only to find out that the vast majority of your coffee is muck in a cup. Things have slowly improved, but to read criticism about decaf from people who drink swill and call it coffee is hilarious!

Where did you get coffee?  There's a lot of great coffee, you're just going to have to go to a coffee shop or brew it yourself.  Any chain place is going to have absolute trash.  

Coffee is such a conundrum to me, I don't get how something that smells so good can taste so bad. I can think of no other product that has this problem.

Also, coffee snob wankers must be the biggest wankers of all. 

31 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Coffee is such a conundrum to me, I don't get how something that smells so good can taste so bad. I can think of no other product that has this problem.

Also, coffee snob wankers must be the biggest wankers of all. 

There is a synergy staring you in the face here BFC - use the coffee snobs' recommendations to find a coffee that tastes as good as it smells!

1 hour ago, Paxter said:

There is a synergy staring you in the face here BFC - use the coffee snobs' recommendations to find a coffee that tastes as good as it smells!

Ha, then I'd be walking about banging on about this amazing coffee and being even worse. A coffee snob wanker convert. 

Archived